Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Mad Max: Fury Road

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I really need this soundtrack on vinyl. Enough said.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I'm seeing this again tomorrow, and I'm tempted to go to the 3D showing this time around after reading this from George Miller:

"In this film, if I had a choice, I'd see it in 3D, but I'm extremely aware that some people can't tolerate it. We're asking audiences to do something that we do not do in nature, and that is force where you look in space in that circle of z axis. And if you don't get it right, you can cause pain and you can cause nausea.

With a quick action movie this, the average cut is 2 seconds, 90 frames, that can be really distressing.
    One of the things that took so long, and we were working 20 hours a day right up until the end was to make it as creamy as possible. I'm very happy to say that it's very creamy."

Has anyone seen the 3D version, and if so, how is it?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    This movie was the godhand. Well, that may be a bit hyperbolic; the story is simple and pretty straightforward, Tom Hardy doesn't have much to do in terms of acting, but the way the whole thing is done is just spectacular. I really appreciated that they only used CG when they absolutely need to; the rest is real explosions, car crashes, and stunts. Its gonna be tough for another film this year to beat the action in this one. See it on the big screen.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Blaileen View Post
    I'm seeing this again tomorrow, and I'm tempted to go to the 3D showing this time around after reading this from George Miller:

"In this film, if I had a choice, I'd see it in 3D, but I'm extremely aware that some people can't tolerate it. We're asking audiences to do something that we do not do in nature, and that is force where you look in space in that circle of z axis. And if you don't get it right, you can cause pain and you can cause nausea.

With a quick action movie this, the average cut is 2 seconds, 90 frames, that can be really distressing.
    One of the things that took so long, and we were working 20 hours a day right up until the end was to make it as creamy as possible. I'm very happy to say that it's very creamy."

Has anyone seen the 3D version, and if so, how is it?
    i saw it in 3d. it was a good choice. i won't know how much better until i see the 2d version but 3d was nice, it made the whole world seem so much bigger and there were definitely shots in there for 3d. many actually.

love this movie.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by REPLICA View Post
    http://mondotees.com/products/mad-ma...oundtrack-2xlp
    Here you go! Too bad it's not the full extended soundtrack.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    I've just read that Junkie XL was shown a 3 hour long workprint when scoring. While I thought the movie is a tad too long in it's second half I wonder if we will get an extended cut with some deleted scenes in the end. Could be really really nice.

One thing that just sprung to my mind today which I found strangely missing at the end of the movie: Spoiler: I really thought that the small warboys would throw that disabled guy on the telescope from the cliffs as he began to shake when seeing Joes corpse and the other inhabitants of the fortress cheering. Did anyone else wait for that moment? It might have been too obvious but I was still baffled that nothing happened to him.

And I have to chime in on a couple of other people: this movie has gotten to me in a strange way. It's been a couple of days and I still can't seem to not think of it here and there. Something about this flick was just griping. Would love to see it again, but not for 13€.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    FURIOSAAAAAAAAA.

If there's one movie I plan to see more than once in theaters, it's this movie!

Question: Spoiler: What happened to Splendid after the birth? The "doctor" said she was still breathing but we never saw her again.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    This was so great on every level. Just a perfect movie! I was exhausted after seeing it...in the best way. It was uncanny how Hardy sounded EXACTLY like Gibson. Can't wait to see it again.

And for serious, the guitar goon shredded for like what? Three days non stop?!! Soooo great!
    Last edited by Swykk; 05-17-2015 at 07:47 PM.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orestes View Post
    FURIOSAAAAAAAAA.

Question: Spoiler: What happened to Splendid after the birth? The "doctor" said she was still breathing but we never saw her again.
    Spoiler: Said she was breathing her last. She was at death's door and surely died after she was opened up.

I firmly believe this is the best blockbuster since the Matrix. I want to watch it forever.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    If there are sequels, I pray that they won't do them back-to-back. Stand alone films please.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    George Miller said on his twitter there is more Max to come. Also the movie made around 110 million after first weekend, which is pretty fucking solid for R rated movie. I'm still kinda bummed that something like Pitch Perfect is topping Fury Road, but whatever, this surely will be a financial success, which is what matters to the production company and it's probably why they are sequel talks so early.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by REPLICA View Post
    not sold out yet!

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    SNL should get John Hamm to host and do a Mad Men/Mad Max mashup.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    This is a bit misleading. We know he already wrote the script and would like to do another one but it hasn't been green lit by the studio

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    top notch film making.

did anyone else feel that Tom Hardy channelled his inner SlingBlade at parts?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    I'm waiting for pay day to arrive.... I hope it's still in stock by then!

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Finally saw it last night... Holy shit! I absolutely loved it, the attention to detail was astonishing, this world is so colorful and crazy and I'm in love...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    An amputee's response to Furiosa: beautifully articulated. Helped me understand why I like her so much, and why she's such a great character.

I need to see this again this weekend. I have a feeling I'm going to enjoy it more a 2nd time.

"WITNESS!!!!!"

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Uugh even Charize Theron can't pull short hair, no woman can, i just hate it. But i do have a thing for amputees...

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sallos View Post
    Uugh even Charize Theron can't pull short hair, no woman can, i just hate it. But i do have a thing for amputees...

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    I love this movie and Tom Hardy, that's all.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Saw it yesterday. Furiosa was totally amazing. I'll try to see it again as soon as possible. If I do, it would be the first time I've seen a movie twice in a theatre.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    dank memes

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Blaileen View Post
    oh fucktons of yes.

i'd buy it right now. i want a black and white version.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Do you think this movie deserved R rating? I think MPAA fucked them over with this rating to be honest. This was PG stuff and they will loose money because of this decision

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by telee.kom View Post
    Do you think this movie deserved R rating? I think MPAA fucked them over with this rating to be honest. This was PG stuff and they will loose money because of this decision
    having not seen the movie yet, i'm assuming it has largely to do with the sex-slave/forced breeding aspect.