Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The Sick Thread

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Hehehe, my friend has this same problem. She's getting a cold, and they usually last her about 2 weeks because she's a woman and therefore has less of an immune system than me, a manly man.

Anyway, she's going to Vegas with a couple friends in two weeks, so she better be well by then or things will get ugly!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Missed a day of work for the first time the week before last because I was sick (would've missed two but I could physically drag myself out of bed the first day I was sick and not on the second). Now it's wound down to a chest infection and a snuffly nose, so I'm still miserable as fuck. Ugh.

I would really love to know how people who never get sick do it. I know I had a plethora of health issues (and a smoker mother) growing up, which probably screwed with my immune system, but it's like no matter how healthily I live, I get sick no matter what. I rarely ever get stomach bugs, though. Only respiratory infections.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Stupid cold!

It's just enough to be annoying and to make me feel miserable. I feel like whining but there's no one to listen to me...

And I need a hug because I'm really miserable. Miserable I tell you! *whines whines whines*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ^ *sick hugs and smooches Marodi*
    I'm dealing with a cold and allergies right now so I'm pretty much just leaking fluids constantly. Gross.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lady weetly View Post
    ^ *sick hugs and smooches Marodi*
    I'm dealing with a cold and allergies right now so I'm pretty much just leaking fluids constantly. Gross.
    *hugs and smooches* to you too hun! I hope you'll feel better soon!

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Mine is the opposite: fall allergies so bad that my sinuses are constantly inflamed which means NOSE BLEEDS all the time. I'm spraying FloNase (corticosteroid) up my nose once per day and saline spray up my nose ALL DAY.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I get sick maybe once a year. I have no allergies. I am an immortal.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Fuck up my back on the 15th. Get the flu on the 19th. Gastro kicks in on the 24th. These three things all stacked together is fucking hell.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    I've developed Periodic Limb Movement Disorder over the past couple of years, and it's annoying the piss out of me. What this means that while I'm asleep, my arms and legs exhibit small spasms, maybe, once every 30 seconds or so. This seems to be at it's worst at around 6am. It wouldn't be so bad, except that for the past few nights these twitches have been big enough to cause my arms to flail around and wake me up. Coupled with this, I'm also suffering Restless Leg Syndrome, albeit largely in my arms. RLS is a crappy name for a painful thing- it feels closer to being zapped by an electric current and makes it hard enough for me fall asleep as it is. The two things are related- I think the spams are my body's way of dealing with the restlessness. I was supposed to be undergoing a 24 hour neurological EKG recently, but I've had to shelve this because of a bunch of busy.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    COCKBAGS! I got the super-plague that's going around. All stuffed up. Damn well better be healthy by Saturday, I gots partying to do!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Finally coming off it, and am happy to report that my endless head cold didn't keep me away from Fright Nights at the PNE (a "haunted midway" amusement park event that kicks all sorts of ass and doesn't cost much).

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Yeah, shit ain't gonna keep me away from Sin Halloween.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    It started as a massive headache and vomiting that seemed to last a few days but later turned into fever, supersoar throat (now bit better but still soar) and coughing my lungs out (still coughing on a minor scale).
    Ugh!

Also, my right arm hurt like hell for days. Before you come with "Too much wanking lol" jokes.. it's the muscles between the elbow and shoulder that acted weird. I can't really put my finger on the reason though.
    Last edited by perch; 11-22-2012 at 05:07 PM. Reason: typos n stuff

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    DEATH FLU, goddammit. I'm drinking much tea and cough syrup. My head feels like it's 10ft away from my hands.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixer808 View Post
    DEATH FLU, goddammit. I'm drinking much tea and cough syrup. My head feels like it's 10ft away from my hands.
    Sick again? Must be catching it from all those women who's tounges are deep down your throat at the bar, lol.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Hehehehe, that may be...
    Still, I may be sick again, but the last time was just before Halloween, I think. Friend is a teacher, seems like she's sick every month! Damn kids and their germs...
    Last edited by Fixer808; 01-17-2013 at 11:53 PM. Reason: I edited this post because of the international conspiracy of the secret World Government who wants us not to edit posts!

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    yeah, I've heard the flu is fucking horrifying this year. I'm waiting for the local pharmacy to restock the immunization so I can hurry up and take it... especially considering that it takes two weeks to become truly effective. I haven't caught the flu in a long time, but I'm buying into the hype this time around.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I got the flu around Christmas. I wasn't sick for a long time but for two days I was pretty out of it. I had a fever for three days. One day I swear I slept a total of 18 hours. And even with the heat up to 75 degrees and three blankets on my bed I was still cold. Also didn't help that I sounded like a chain-smoker (I don't smoke), my nose was running, and I was hacking up a lung. I started to feel better the next day but was still too run down to work. Two days off was sufficient for me but the coughing lingered for almost two weeks.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Just getting over a bit of a cold, started with a sore throat and then changed to just a stuffy/runny nose/nostril crust, lots of mucus and phlegm.

Buckley's, orange juice and good ol trusty H2O seem to be doing the job right.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    I'm actually really surprised. My friends, family, etc have been talking about being sick for 2-3 weeks, but I'm back at about 60% since Monday. Not to say I might crash again, but I think I've always had a good immune system. My sister used to come down with strep throat on a yearly basis, but I never caught it, despite her hacking shit into tissues and throwing them on the floor! And that shit is supposed to be hella contagious.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    My friend's wife seems to get strep throat a few times a year. Not even sure how she contracts it, she barely leaves the house to go anywhere! The same friend is recovering from pneumonia, he got hit with it right after halloween and hasn't been back to work since. Finally, last week he started to feel better and he contracted Strep Throat, from none other than his wife, who had it twice since he got sick with his pneumonia...

I'm actually shocked that I haven't gotten sick at all this fall/winter season yet. *knock on wood*
    Everyone I know has had some of the nastiest shit out there this year. My girlfriend just got over with a Flu/Cold as well. I made an effort to wipe down all the surfaces, door knobs, tap knobs, table tops etc daily with lysol wipes as I really didn't want to get sick. Seemed to have avoided it so far.

But everyone at my work has some sort of flu nonsense as well. I started feeling a little dizzy, weak, tired the other day, luckily I had a day off and I pretty much slept it off.
    Also, friend told me to take this nasty herb called Oil of Oregano... Oh man, $30 a bottle, supposed to be some magical flu fighting herb. Comes in a small bottle with a dropper, drop a few drops into the back of your throat at the first sign of getting sick and it seems to do the trick, can nurse you back to health quite well. This stuff is the nastiest stuff ever though, it's like a combination of turpentine and 99.9% grain alcohol. Pretty harsh for a "natural herb".
    Last edited by ManBurning; 01-18-2013 at 01:49 AM.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Friend of mine has a "natural" cure when he thinks he's getting sick. He gets himself fucking obliterated on his booze of choice. Sometimes rum, sometimes absinthe, etc... Somehow it seems to work for him!

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    My first 6 months of chemo starts Feb 13. Joy. At least I'm feeling more fully recovered from surgery now.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixer808 View Post
    Friend of mine has a "natural" cure when he thinks he's getting sick. He gets himself fucking obliterated on his booze of choice. Sometimes rum, sometimes absinthe, etc... Somehow it seems to work for him!
    It works like 99% of the time; this cold I've got is the first time I've been sick since like 2009.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sentient02970 View Post
    My first 6 months of chemo starts Feb 13. Joy. At least I'm feeling more fully recovered from surgery now.
    I'm sending good thoughts your way!

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

The Sick Thread

Quote Originally Posted by sentient02970 View Post
    Kick C's arse, will ya.

Knock on wood- no cold, no strep, no flu so far for me. I attribute this to hand washing.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Well, just when I thought I had safely avoided cold/flu season this year, it hits me right at the end of the typical flu cycle, early spring. Urgh...

I feel like total ass. Started with a really bad sore throat yesterday and a fever, thought I had strep throat, but today it's turned into a full on flu, the sore throat seems to have let up though. now i'm just all light headed, runny nose, tired, weak, fever.

I hate spring time, it's when I am most susceptible to getting sick. The fall and spring time are the worst. Probably with the constant changing of the weather. I always seem to get some kinda nasty bug in April.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Spring is always the worst time for me as well. Fucking pollen allergies.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    I thought I might be getting the same, but it tailed off, may have just been some early hay fever...

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    I hate spring time, it's when I am most susceptible to getting sick. The fall and spring time are the worst. Probably with the constant changing of the weather. I always seem to get some kinda nasty bug in April.
    Since changing weather doesn't cause more flu or cold, itself, it's probably because you're touching more stuff without washing your hands. Cold and flu seasons are usually because of increased contact with sick humans.
    Last edited by allegro; 04-08-2013 at 07:30 AM.