Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Action figures, dolls and other toys!

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

A post shared by on

So i finally went ahead and re-did my room. Chucked out the old desk (that was taken up far too much room) and got one of them IKEA display units.

Still needs a bit of work (the right sided box with the dragonball figures i'm going to make into my DB diorama as soon as i'be built 17, 18 and future Trunks, and i'll get SS4 Gogeta and Piccolo at MCM Comic-con in a months time.

I need to add more lighting to the unit, i might move my Neno's to the left box (with my special editions) to make more room in the display.

Need to hand up my signed tickets (it's not in any of the photos...damnit!) and move the PS4 to above the box unit (it gets VERY warm in that lower right box!)

Lastly i'll need to put up some more shelves for LEGO and maybe add some artwork to go with my Ghost in the Shell picture. I am happy how the lighting around the bed went.

And maybe take some better pictures lol

All in all i'm pretty happy with my room...FINALLY!

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    EDIT: Never mind. It sold
    Last edited by nemesiswontdie; 05-15-2019 at 07:25 AM.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    So the last week was all birthday related and i went to Comic-con and got loads of goodies...

A post shared by on

Finally got Piccolo and SSGSS Vegeta, some other goodies and a really cool and weighty pokeball!

Next i had to build some of the older Figure rise kits...

A post shared by on

A post shared by on

(advice for anyone looking to get into figure-rise builds, get the Broley Super movie versions of Goku and Vegeta, they are basically the same of the standard versions but come with damage decals)
    I've not built Piccolo or SSGSS Gogeta yet, but will soon.

This is how my display currently looks...

A post shared by on

I will get some better pictures of the dragonball set up, i might look at creating some lighting around them to really make them stand out, but this is as far as i got with it on my time off.

Still not 100% on it, the neno and Gundam sections need work as does above them, but i'm getting there

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

mezco one: 12 | marvel & dc comics

neca
    Last edited by hologram parade; 06-11-2019 at 02:51 PM.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Was able to snag a Great Saiyaman at B&N the other week and got my Gogeta in today as well. Despite the lack of shading, these figures are just awesome and look great in the collection. Gogeta is probably one of my favorites in my entire collection and might be my DB Figuarts of the year. I can't wait to get Broly and SSG Vegeta. I'm going to need 3 of the SSG Vegetas for the multiple heads lol.

I also have Bring Arts Nier Automata figures (2B, 9S, and A2) that should be here either next month or in August. I'm also gonna have to pick up the Figuarts Spike Spiegel figure soon before he skyrockets in price like every other Cowboy Bebop figure does.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Right so i have only 2 Figure-rise models to build, Piccolo and SSGSS Gogeta, and then my list of figure-rise to get are SSGSS Goku, Gotenks, Freeza, Broly and Buu (maybe SS4 Vegeta and Goku if i'm feeling spicey) and a couple of Gundam's. As i'm getting toward completing these set's i was looking for new build set's to move onto and THERE ARE EVANGELION ONES WHY HAVEN'T I FOUND THESE BEFORE?! They are HG models so should be easy enough builds and they look great...so guess i'm going to build an Eva diorama next

Detroit-ish Area Bacon Taste: Deliciously Maple
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Is this a place to show off Warhammer 40k Minis? I'd rather ask first before uploading a TON of pictures...

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Fat Matt View Post
    Is this a place to show off Warhammer 40k Minis? I'd rather ask first before uploading a TON of pictures...
    Yes it is

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Last edited by hologram parade; 12-01-2019 at 09:47 AM.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Fat Matt View Post
    I know this is from several weeks ago, but one does not simply tease 40k Minis...

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    I know this is from several weeks ago, but one does not simply tease 40k Minis...
    Trust me, I'm working on it. Fingers crossed for this weekend...

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Had a day off yesterday so got round to building Piccolo

A post shared by on

Will probably have a day off just to add some paint detail to him and the rest of the DB figure-rise models i've built (might build SSB Gogeta Friday, still have some Gundam Wings, Darling in the Franxx and a Frames arm girl to build as well...oh and LEGO...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Oh hey everyone, I finally uploaded some photos. Here's an imgur gallery. https://imgur.com/gallery/gX1YNwW

This is where i say that theres a good chunk of those models still not yet finished (headless marines, aggressors without shoulders, etc), but I have everything painted enough to where I feel good taking it to my local game store to play.

Maybe someday I'll take pictures of all of my Eldar.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Funko Pop Figurines a $686 Million Dollar Business

https://www.vox.com/the-goods/2019/8...s-collectibles

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    Funko Pop Figurines a $686 Million Dollar Business

https://www.vox.com/the-goods/2019/8...s-collectibles
    I'm not going to be one of those people that go around saying people shouldn't like the things i don't, i just never really got into or understood Funko's. Aside from the BB8 i got (which doesn't even look like a Funko!) they always felt kinda lazy. Same with the 'new' Duck looking ones. Again people clearly love um...they just aren't for me

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    I'm not going to be one of those people that go around saying people shouldn't like the things i don't, i just never really got into or understood Funko's. Aside from the BB8 i got (which doesn't even look like a Funko!) they always felt kinda lazy. Same with the 'new' Duck looking ones. Again people clearly love um...they just aren't for me
    I'm exactly the same. The build quality is not exactly stunning and the paint job's usually lacking. The heads and faces are mostly identical with those dead black button eyes. It's boring. Some of them do work quite well, usually if the original character's design adheres to the Funko aesthetic. Human characters are just plain dull.

Add to that the fact that they seem to be *everywhere*, and I start to despise them. Last time I went to Forbidden Planet in London, much of the store (I'd say at least a quarter, maybe as much as a third) was comprised of walls of Funkos, where previously, there were all manner of interesting figures, model kits, and other paraphernalia. Even amiibo are more interesting, but they're hard to find nowadays. It's depressing that this is what geek culture has devolved into.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    I'm exactly the same. The build quality is not exactly stunning and the paint job's usually lacking. The heads and faces are mostly identical with those dead black button eyes. It's boring. Some of them do work quite well, usually if the original character's design adheres to the Funko aesthetic. Human characters are just plain dull.

Add to that the fact that they seem to be *everywhere*, and I start to despise them. Last time I went to Forbidden Planet in London, much of the store (I'd say at least a quarter, maybe as much as a third) was comprised of walls of Funkos, where previously, there were all manner of interesting figures, model kits, and other paraphernalia. Even amiibo are more interesting, but they're hard to find nowadays. It's depressing that this is what geek culture has devolved into.
    Yeah, i go Forbidden Planet whenever i can, but the reduction in other figures is really disappointing. They used to (we're going back a decade here) have a load of imported anime models and kits, now your lucky to get more then a handful whereas whole rows are dedicated to just funko's. They have started stocking the odd Gunpla kit which is fucking awesome but obviously they need to sell what's popular to stay in business and funko's are hot shit for them...at least there comic sections still great!

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Got these on preorder.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

21 more days until Halloween!!!

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    McDonald's Happy Meal has Halloween-themed Hello Kitty figures. Ahhhhhhh. Guess what I had for lunch today

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

“You don’t listen, do you? You just ask the same questions every week. 'How’s your job? Are you having any negative thoughts?' All I have are negative thoughts.”

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

8 more days until Halloween!!

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    It's been a hot minute since I've posted anything but here's some pics of some of my recent stuff. This year I've gotten 14 Dragon Ball Figuarts figures lol. 2 of them I didn't think I'd get the chance to buy. One being 2017 SDCC Exclusive Kaiohken Goku and the other being this years Event Exclusive Goku Black.
    This year alone for Figuarts I've bought:
    Majin Vegeta
    Whis
    Fat Buu
    Battle Damaged SSJ2 Gohan
    Scouter Vegeta 2.0
    Nappa
    Tien
    Great Saiya Man
    Gogeta
    Full Powered Broly
    God Vegeta
    2019 Event Exclusive Goku Black
    2019 Event Exclusive Gohan
    2017 SDCC Exclusive Kaiohken Goku

I also got all 3 main characters from Nier Automata.

I finally moved my computer room around so now my display cases are by an outlet and I can finally use one of my LED strips. I have 3 LED light pucks too but I need more lol

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post

“You don’t listen, do you? You just ask the same questions every week. 'How’s your job? Are you having any negative thoughts?' All I have are negative thoughts.”
    Been patiently waiting for a statue to roll out (I tend to lean that way over figures...don't like seeing ball joints, etc.) but this is dope. Custom?

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Been patiently waiting for a statue to roll out (I tend to lean that way over figures...don't like seeing ball joints, etc.) but this is dope. Custom?
    By custom meaning I made it? No. Third party. Just came with head, clothes , and hands. Had to buy the body for it.

I have another fully jokered out Arthur on pre order, third party as well.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    By custom meaning I made it? No. Third party. Just came with head, clothes , and hands. Had to buy the body for it.

I have another fully jokered out Arthur on pre order, third party as well.
    If it's the one I've seen online, I'm thinking of buying it too. Link?

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    If it's the one I've seen online, I'm thinking of buying it too. Link?
    There is a couple. I got the toys era version. I know a couple of third party companies are tackling it as well

I get my 1/6 from tnsfigures, check them out.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    There is a couple. I got the toys era version. I know a couple of third party companies are tackling it as well

I get my 1/6 from tnsfigures, check them out.
    Groovy, ty sir.