Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Action figures, dolls and other toys!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Action figures, dolls and other toys!

I didn't see that there was a toy thread and maybe there are other members here that collect toys, statues, dolls and what not. So lets all rejoice and talk about toys and show off our stuff.

I've been collecting toys on and off since middle school. I used to collect nothing but Resident Evil and Metal Gear Solid toys, but I ended up getting rid of them a few years back for some dumb reason and I highly regret it. I did keep the two most expensive figures I had, which was my Japanese import Nemesis and Rebecca Chambers figures.
    Since last year I've gone back to collecting toys because of the amount of detail has been going into toys these past few years. Even the more common, not-as-expensive brands like NECA have stepped up their game. I'm mostly collecting Dragon Ball Z figures now, but I'm branching out to other lines like Marvel Select and hopefully I'll be getting my first Hot Toys figure sometime this year.

I've been thinking about laying down the cash and pre-ordering the Hot Toys Age of Ultron Captain America figure or a Guardians Of The Galaxy Star Lord. The both look insanely good. I haven't decided on which one I really feel like shelling out that kind of cash for though.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    One of these days I'd like to get a nice display cabinet to display my 90s Beetlejuice action figures but my two year old and soon coming baby would destroy it all. For now we'll just play with the original Power Rangers set.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenly_bearded View Post
    One of these days I'd like to get a nice display cabinet to display my 90s Beetlejuice action figures but my two year old and soon coming baby would destroy it all. For now we'll just play with the original Power Rangers set.
    For future reference, IKEA has a nice display case called "Detolf" and it's the same display case I use. I absolutely love it and it's a lot cheaper than I thought it would be. I was expecting to pay around $100 or so but it was only $65

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/10119206/

The only downside to it is that it has a magnet that keeps it closed so when you tug on the door to open it, the case shakes a bit and a figure might fall over if you don't have a stand for 'em.
    Last edited by nemesiswontdie; 05-03-2015 at 02:36 AM.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    I do collect them, lately not so much, since i'm having space issues in my home, but i collect "Star Wars, the Black Series" and almost all NECA i can find, i used to collect "Marvel Legends", but it got too frustrating, i also collect old 80's action figures like the original Playmates TMNT toys, Thundercats, Batman and basically all i can get my hands on...

I'll post some pics later, they are on my external hard drive and right now i'm at work...

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    I'm actually really surprised at how many people collect Marvel Legends figures. I'm in a few toy groups on Facebook and people are constantly posting about Legends toys. I'll have to seek a few out. There's a few that looked pretty good. I just recently saw that Marvel Diamond Selects put out a killer Carnage figure that I really want.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    ^wow, that "Classic Superstars" Kane looks great, need!
    I only own three WWE figures (shame, i know), Undertaker, Shawn Michaels and Stone Cold Steve Austin, wish i had more but they are difficult to finds around here, i've seen plenty of John Cenas but i'm always running away from them, lol...

Quote Originally Posted by nemesiswontdie View Post
    I'm actually really surprised at how many people collect Marvel Legends figures. I'm in a few toy groups on Facebook and people are constantly posting about Legends toys. I'll have to seek a few out. There's a few that looked pretty good. I just recently saw that Marvel Diamond Selects put out a killer Carnage figure that I really want.
    They became really popular in the last years, when Hasbro took the franchise they got really good and they started to release cool series like the Spiderman one...
    Diamond Select has some cool ones too, i own a Nightcrawler and i like it a lot!, speaking of Carnage they released a Venom not long ago and it's also madly cool!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Random shit of mine, not everything I stated elsewhere is here. Forgive dust.

@henryeatscereal I took photos of my Kane figures.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I believe I have an old Starting Lineup figurine of Larry Bird, still in the package. I think it’s in the attic, need to look for it.

edit:

Found em.

The O’Neal and Pippen are 96 editions, the Bird is labeled on the back as an 88 edition. A friend gave these to me years ago. I doubt they’re worth much but I’ve never looked em up.
    Last edited by Dr Channard; 05-06-2015 at 10:09 PM.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I might post some pics later. I have a modest but fun collection...
    @nemesiswontdie where did you get that elizabeth figure? Might want to pick one up.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post

Seeing that McFarland Psycho Mantis figure brings back a lot of memories. Mantis was actually one of the first collectible figures I ever had as a kid. I loved it so much that I used to take it to school with me back when I was in elementary school. I got made fun of for it too because I guess everyone else found him to be creepy while I thought he looked awesome. I really dig how you can just snap on his gas mask and then just pull it off. No need for a separate head.

Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post

They became really popular in the last years, when Hasbro took the franchise they got really good and they started to release cool series like the Spiderman one...
    Diamond Select has some cool ones too, i own a Nightcrawler and i like it a lot!, speaking of Carnage they released a Venom not long ago and it's also madly cool!

Ohhh that does look cool. I'm definitely going to have to check out more Marvel toys now. It seems they really did step up their game in the toy department. The one thing that stops me from getting into the Legends line is the Build A Figure thing. While the idea is really cool, if i just buy one figure, I'm going to have some random part like a leg or arm just hanging about. So I feel like I'm gonna HAVE to buy the rest of the figures in that series just to finish the BAF.

Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    I might post some pics later. I have a modest but fun collection...
    @nemesiswontdie where did you get that elizabeth figure? Might want to pick one up.
    I bought the QuesQ Elizabeth figure from Amazon for around $75 I believe. She stands around 8 and a half to 9 inches tall and she's detailed really well. A feature I thought was pretty cool with her is that Elizabeth has a magnet in her head so her hat doesn't fall off. My Yusuke Urameshi figure has the same thing in his head so Puu doesn't fall off his head. She's getting a bit up there in price though. You can find her for around $80-$90 now. There are also variant colors too like a black and pink version and her special Christmas outfit. I think her black and pink outfit was a con exclusive though, so that versions price will probably be twice as expensive.

If you're not willing to shell out that kind of money, Bandai's D-Arts team made a P4A Elizabeth and you can actually pose her and she even comes with some accessories like the Persona compendium, tarot card and a Velvet Room chair.
    http://www.amazon.com/Bandai-Tamashi...sona+elizabeth

I don't have the D-Arts toy of her but a friend of mine does and he loves it. His only complaint though is that the tarot card she comes with is REALLY REALLY small, so you gotta be careful with it if you don't want to lose it.
    Last edited by nemesiswontdie; 06-05-2016 at 07:43 AM.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Ohhh that does look cool. I'm definitely going to have to check out more Marvel toys now. It seems they really did step up their game in the toy department. The one thing that stops me from getting into the Legends line is the Build A Figure thing. While the idea is really cool, if i just buy one figure, I'm going to have some random part like a leg or arm just hanging about. So I feel like I'm gonna HAVE to buy the rest of the figures in that series just to finish the BAF.
    The BAF it's a good thing for people that collect the complete series, but yeah if you just care for one or two figures it's not that great, you can always sell the remaining "limbs", "body" or "heads" and there always be collectors interested in those, so it's not a complete waste...

Speaking of "Marvel Legends", i'm loving all the sweet Spiderman series they have released lately (Ultimate Green Goblin and Hobgoblin), i just hated the fact that they have released ANOTHER "regular Spidey", but that Spiderman 2099 and Daredevil figures are sweet!

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Oh yay, I'm so glad I found this thread! My wife and I are hardcore collectors. Here's our doll case dedicated to our Sandman and Nightmare Before Christmas collectibles. I'll probably take pictures of the rest of the house eventually. We have a large bobble head collection and a bunch of cool plush toys, too.

Sorry about some of the picture quality, but it's hard to light these cases with the mirror backs to take pictures (but they look great in person)

Oh, and speaking of NBC, here's our blacklight village:

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hellospaceboy View Post

Sweet stuff. I have quite a bit of NBC memorabilia myself, I have a Lock stress ball (in my initial post beside 18" Eric Draven box).

I also have that Sleigh, reindeer, Jack and Zero diorama thats in the bottom of this quoted photo. I have an Oogie Boogie and Jack figure set on Oogie's roulette wheel and there's cards. I'll show you if you'd like.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Thank you for the kind words! I'm so fuckin lucky to have a wife who is also passionate about collecting! We love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I have an Oogie Boogie and Jack figure set on Oogie's roulette wheel and there's cards. I'll show you if you'd like.
    I think we have that one too. These are only the more fragile figurines, we also have a lot of other NBC stuff all over the house. But thanks!

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    **Walks in, slams $100 bill on the table**

Who's got a Puscifer Queen Bee V1 resin statue? My wife is an avid fan and I'd love to get her one for her birthday...

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Collected a ton of shit when I was younger, but boxed it all up and/or sold it when I lost interest (and got a mortgage...avoid those if at all possible). Basically stuck to Tron, BioShock, but of course Batman stuff. Batman being the only thing I still collect, and it's limited to just the Black and White statues at this point. I'm up to about 25 of them, my favorite possibly being the 1st edition Mignola one that I may or may not have had to resort to shelling out $500+ on ebay to get, fml.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Wow, wish I knew about this thread before! I used to be a HUGE toy collector. Had a whole room dedicated to toys earlier this year.

Buuuut.....

Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Collected a ton of shit when I was younger, but boxed it all up and/or sold (and got a mortgage...avoid those if at all possible)..
    Basically This. Wish I read this man's word's of wisdom before hand, but now I'm stuck with a mortgage and basically in the process of selling all my collectibles. I've been selling tons of stuff these last 2 months to get ready for my move (next month). I've been down-sizing like CRAZY!

I've narrowed it down to a couple shelves. Here is what I'm left with that I've narrowed it down to. After this move I need to ***STOP*** buying toys. But, the problem is... once a collector, always a collector. It's in my blood. I'll probably never stop.

I mainly collect retro figures I had as a kid, as you can tell from my photos. But there are always new flashy toys and statues catching my eyes these days as well.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    I honestly didn't think there would be this many toy collectors on ETS. I'm pleasantly surprised! You guys have some cool stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post

There is a retro TMNT figure wave out now. I saw them while stocking stuff the other night. They seem pretty cool, but I don't think they have the charm to them that the originals do.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Im looking to start collecting again, starting with some of those D Arts and Figma Persona figures. I got Yukiko, and it was fantastic. Those Ninja Turtles from a couple of years ago also sparked my interest, and i had to buy them all.

I have a great Nightcrawler from this box set: http://www.amazon.com/Anniversary-Ex.../dp/B004Y7B932

Unfortunately, i lost the others with it years ago.

I have THIS monev the gale, from Trigun, perhaps the best figure ive ever owned. Unfortunately after i was sent to boarding school, many of the pieces went missing. Without the base he does not stand well, and he is horribly top heavy. Many of his joints are loose and he is terribly dusty, that doesnt stop how great it is.

I have this excellent Eight and a Half Tails Statue from Magic: the Gathering. Magic doesnt have many figures from it, and from those very, very few are any good, but this is phenomenal. If you play Commander/EDH you may know how formidable a foe he is, and this one does it justice: http://www.xl-shop.com/xlshop/produc...HalfTails1.jpg

The Mortal Kombat X Fancy Expensive edition came with this scorpion statue. I am not a big scorpion fan, and I didnt really buy it for the statue, but I have to say it impressed the pants off me, and I sport it with pride on my desk. Mortal Kombat is another franchise criminally underrepresented in premium figurines, i wish i could get one of Ermac in his recent design. http://static1.gamespot.com/uploads/...3-scorpion.jpg
    Like i said, im trying to round out the collection, but i dont have much space, i dont want to go overboard. I like to sport nice character designs in my office, and Persona has so many!

I have wanted a good boba fett for a long time. Square has this one coming out, for some reason and it looks great, although perhaps a bit too buff for my tastes. Im not sure what else i would get. Just fucking look at this thing, its fantastic. Theyre whole line up is great. http://i1.wp.com/thefwoosh.com/wp-co...oba-Fett-5.jpg

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    The only time I had figures on display was at work. I couldn't allocate enough space dedicated to smelly plastic at home, so most of my toys & action figures are boxed in storage. I've got most of the Playmates Simpsons & ST:TNG, a lot of Family Guy, a bunch of Anime toys from Japan, way too many 12" Star Wars figures from 1997, and a set of super cool 12" Batman The Animated Series figures that I should dig out.

Anyhow, here's my first office cube c.2002:

Once I moved into a real office, I decided to splurge on Ikea display cases (my expense account was quite small):

Fullmetal Alchemist figures

Ghost in the Shell figures

Death Note nendoroids, Villeta Nu from Code Geass, and the Reverend Putty puppet from Moral Orel.

Lastly, my collection of Ben 10 figures from all versions series.

The other shelves had mostly art vinyl (Tokodoki, Gary Baseman, Tim Biskup) and some silly nonsense.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post

Once I moved into a real office, I decided to splurge on Ikea display cases (my expense account was quite small):

Fullmetal Alchemist figures

Ghost in the Shell figures

Death Note nendoroids, Villeta Nu from Code Geass, and the Reverend Putty puppet from Moral Orel.

Oh my god, I love those 12 inch FMA Mustang and Alphonse figures. The Edward and Al figures under the huge Mustang, are those the Play Arts Kai figures?

I dig those Nendoroid figures too. I saw the MGS1 Solid Snake Nendoroid at a con back in March and I was going to get it, but they were charging a bit too much I thought. Solid Snake has the coolest extra head.

I have THIS monev the gale, from Trigun, perhaps the best figure ive ever owned. Unfortunately after i was sent to boarding school, many of the pieces went missing. Without the base he does not stand well, and he is horribly top heavy. Many of his joints are loose and he is terribly dusty, that doesnt stop how great it is.
    Revoltech has a really cool Vash the Stampede figure. I was thinking about ordering him recently, but my DBZ and Persona collection comes first lol.

Persona has so many!

I have wanted a good boba fett for a long time. Square has this one coming out, for some reason and it looks great, although perhaps a bit too buff for my tastes. Im not sure what else i would get. Just fucking look at this thing, its fantastic. Theyre whole line up is great. http://i1.wp.com/thefwoosh.com/wp-co...oba-Fett-5.jpg
    You're in luck with getting the Yukiko Figma. Figma is releasing a P4A Yu Narukami, so you'll have someone to put with Yukiko. You gotta get the Figma Chie too. Yu coming out means I am now obligated to buy the P4A Aigis figma and have her posed giving Yu a suplex.

If you order from the Good Smile online shop, you'll get an extra jacket for Yu.

The one thing I'm super bummed about with Persona figures is that there isn't any Akihiko figures out there unless I feel like paying $150+ and I really don't feel like paying that.
    Just imagine Figma making a P4A Akihiko. A smiling face, screaming face, neutral face, a cape that looks like it's blowing in the wind and EXTRA THUNDERFIST HANDS!
    Last edited by nemesiswontdie; 06-05-2016 at 07:42 AM.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Oh my god, I love those 12 inch FMA Mustang and Alphonse figures. The Edward and Al figures under the huge Mustang, are those the Play Arts Kai figures?
    No, they're Real Action Heroes and in scale with the other two.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    The day has finally come. The reissue of Gohan is here and I'm in love with it.

Last edited by nemesiswontdie; 06-05-2016 at 07:41 AM.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    So I finally bought my first Marvel Legends figure and overall I gotta say it's not bad. It's kinda what I expected from a $20 toy. No accessories besides a piece for the 'Build A Figure', the detail is decent but the articulation is actually pretty good. I had the choice between Spider-Man and Anti-Venom and I opted for Anti-Venom because I figured he'd be harder to get down the road. I'm debating on going back down to Target and getting Spider-Man just because I sorta feel weird having Anti-Venom without Spider-Man lol.

Has anyone bought anything new lately or planning on picking something up? SDCC isn't that far away and a lot of companies are showing off or hinting at their exclusives. I think this year will be great for exclusives. I read there is going to be a 10 inch Mr. Meeseeks plush and I gotta have it.
    Last edited by nemesiswontdie; 06-17-2015 at 04:05 PM.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Recently i bought a Neca Terminator (from Terminator VS Robocop videogame series) and i gotta say i love the figure, the colors are "flashy" and "90's" but look awesome!
    I also picked up "Bishop" from the Aliens series (NECA too...), and a used -not-too-loose- Judge Dredd by Toy Biz.
    I've been debating wether to buy the latest Thor from Marvel Legends for a week now, shit i guess i'll end up buying it the thing looks great!

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    Recently i bought a Neca Terminator (from Terminator VS Robocop videogame series) and i gotta say i love the figure, the colors are "flashy" and "90's" but look awesome!
    I also picked up "Bishop" from the Aliens series (NECA too...), and a used -not-too-loose- Judge Dredd by Toy Biz.
    I've been debating wether to buy the latest Thor from Marvel Legends for a week now, shit i guess i'll end up buying it the thing looks great!
    I've seen quite a bit of Neca stuff around lately and I'm actually really impressed at how much they've stepped up their game on details. I was at FYE the other day and they had a Diablo 3: Shadow of Diablo figure and it looked bad ass. I kinda wanted to buy it even though I've never played Diablo lol. They also had both Robocop figures of both him on fire and him with a huge gun. The paint job on it kinda threw me off but the more I looked at it the more I liked it.

The only Marvel Legend figures I see around here are the Spider-Man line and nothing but Iron Man from the Avengers line.

So I'm gonna nerd out about the Figuarts DBZ line for the rest of this post because we got some awesome news from 2 weeks ago to tonight.

Revival of F figures! Vegeta, Goku, Frieza, Jaco and Beerus!

A Toy Fest in Japan going on right now with Bandai/Tamashii Nation having a huge section with DBZ and holy shit we got some fucking awesome reveals.

Advanced Colors of SSJ Vegeta and Trunks and then to top it off we get "Warrior Awakened" SSJ Goku.

This is super fucking awesome for people who didn't get into the Figuarts line back in 2012 and didn't get the chance to get SSJ Vegeta and Trunks. Both Vegeta and Trunks run for $200-$300 a piece. Tamashii has this weird rule that if it's a "Web Shop Exclusive" then it will never be reissued. So to get by this rule they do a repaint (This is how we get SDCC Exclusives). So "Advanced Colors" is pretty much a darker jacket for Trunks, colored boot tips for Vegeta and both have shine to their SSJ form hair. Trunks has a powered down head so I'm excited to see how they did with the purple hair. I'm hoping this means they'll do more of these Advanced Colors stuff because they really need to repaint their SSJ3 Goku. It looks like shit.

The battle damaged Goku though looks fucking awesome. I think they did an good job on the huge tears on his knees. His knee joints don't look like shit either when he's crouching.

Speaking of Goku. SDCC this year will have a Goku with symbols on his front and back, different belt, and include an extra face. If you look at the Goku in my earlier posts, you'll notice that there are no symbols on either Goku figures.

That was actually released as a con exclusive in Mexico, but Tamashii showed a little teaser picture for SDCC and it's 100% this figure but with a different box and possibly even a different symbol, but either way, we're getting a symbol which is much needed. I think the original base Goku looks bland now lol.

I'm really excited to see all of these figures come out because apparently this was a really slow line (3 figures a year (not including SDCC)) and now it's booming with releases left and right and all within a year and by the time we get into 2016, I'm sure there will be at least 3 more figures announced by then.

1. SDCC 2015 Goku in July
    2. Mystic Gohan in September
    3. SSG Goku and Gold Frieza in October
    4. SSJ Vegeta Advanced Colors in December
    5. Future Trunks Advanced Colors in January 2016
    6. Beerus (TBD)
    7. Jaco (TBD)
    8. SSG Vegeta (TBD)
    9. Battle Damaged Goku (TBD)
    10. Buu (Gohan absorbed)
    11. Buu (Gotenks absorbed)
    12. Possibly this bad ass that was shown off tonight.

Bandai/tamashii is going to completely fuck my wallet the rest of this year.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    It's been almost a full year since this threads last update! Has anyone gotten anything good this past year? I've been trying to keep up with the Figuarts DBZ line - though I'm 3 figures behind now, I plan on picking the 3 up here within the next couple of months.

Lately I've been thinking about starting to collect the Marvel Legends lines. I'm really digging the few Legends figures I have and the previews for some of the up coming waves I've seen look great as well.

I've also been doing this really weird but funny (in my opinion) idea of buying a bunch of Spider-Men/Women figures from the Marvel Legends and Marvel Select lines and putting them all over my house and telling people that my house is infested with spiders.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    This thread is awesome, thanks for sharing!

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Oh man , I have never seen this thread before. I stopped collecting action figures and just concentrated my collecting back into comics. But even at that since baby Leia was born, I had to sorts stop on that as well. I will post pics of mine when i get home

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Is anyone else here into the Godzilla S.H. MonsterArts statues?

My connection fell through for the 2016 Godzilla, so it looks like I'll probably be paying double for it like I did Destroyah (2013 model).