Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Action figures, dolls and other toys!

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Was feeling partially low this weekend so went into London to purchase some LEGO (and was given some 'kids go free' vouchers for LEGOLAND so i could take my kids...i didn't have the heart to tell the cashier i don't have kids and the LEGO was for me lol)

Opted for the Hulkbuster set from Infinity War...it's pretty freaking awesome!

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    My friend was able to go to NYCC the other weekend and I asked him if it was possible for him to stop by the Tamashii booth and pick up a con exclusive SH Figuarts DBS SSB Vegetto figure as he's already $100+ on eBay and only $60 at the show. He said he couldn't make it to the booth on Friday. Saturday evening he messaged me and told me he was able to snag one with no hassle whatsoever. He also surprised me with a Resident Evil 2 Remake shirt from the Resident Evil 2 demo area. I owe him big time for selling me Vegetto for retail price and hooking me up with a free shirt.

It's funny because I was wanting to get out of the Figuarts DBZ line just because it's getting too pricey with all the constant releases but this new Vegetto has me wanting to get back into the line again lol. I haven't bought one since SSG Goku back in December last year, so I have some catching up to do.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I like the SH Figuarts but i'm super (pun intended) into the Figure Rise model kits they do for Dragonball! They're really easy to build (everything is already coloured, you just need from small pliers to cut them out) and look bloody fantastic! AND they're pretty cheap!

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    I like the SH Figuarts but i'm super (pun intended) into the Figure Rise model kits they do for Dragonball! They're really easy to build (everything is already coloured, you just need from small pliers to cut them out) and look bloody fantastic! AND they're pretty cheap!

I love the Figuarts line. It's what got me back into toy collecting after quitting for a couple of years. The Figure Rise kits are cool, but Figuarts just hits that sweet spot for me.

Speaking of which, I have an extra new and sealed SSJ1/SSJ2 Gohan figure for sale. Looking for $60 shipped.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    You're starting to go hard in the Mezco game, huh? I dig it. I just can't bring myself to start collecting them, though I do love my Mezco SDCC Deadpool.

Also, has anyone noticed how much better Neca has gotten over the past few years? They're starting to put out old figures that are reworked to be ACTUAL figures instead of just 'posable statues'. They just showed off a Ultimate Halloween Myers figure and it comes with multiple accessories like 2 heads, and a fucking sound and light up pumpkin. They are even reworking their really old Friday The 13th Part 7 Jason figure into the Ultimate line along with a Part 8 and 9 Jason too.

Speaking of horror movies - McFarlane is bringing back the Movie Maniacs and Tortured Souls series if anyone remembers or cares that stuff.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nemesiswontdie View Post
    You're starting to go hard in the Mezco game, huh? I dig it. I just can't bring myself to start collecting them, though I do love my Mezco SDCC Deadpool.

Also, has anyone noticed how much better Neca has gotten over the past few years? They're starting to put out old figures that are reworked to be ACTUAL figures instead of just 'posable statues'. They just showed off a Ultimate Halloween Myers figure and it comes with multiple accessories like 2 heads, and a fucking sound and light up pumpkin.

I agree, NECA has only get better and better! Really appreciate, and enjoy what they put out for only $20-30. Love the Terminator line, BR 2049, the Del Toro stuff starting to come out, Alien movies, and the 1990 versions of TMNT, ALL of it!

I absolutely love Mezco One:12. I could never afford, and would run out of space quickly with Hot Toys, so this is the next best thing to me. Collector friendly packaging, super possable figures, cool accessories, and real cloth goods have made this line my favorite to collect. They only downside is waiting 7-14 months for figures to be released haha. I really need Deadpool, but have been holding off in hopes they will do a Reynolds version of the suit. I grabbed ‘90s style Cable though, which I’m very excited for.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Well this is the most awesome looking Skeletor figure i've ever seen!?

https://theawesomer.com/mondo-skelet...figure/500305/

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Last edited by hologram parade; 01-12-2019 at 01:26 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

NECA

Mezco One:12

Batman Armory

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Last edited by hologram parade; 11-25-2018 at 08:46 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    After 4 years of collecting the Figuarts DBZ line, I FINALLY got a Perfect Cell figure and it's the Event Exclusive Perfect Cell too so he's in his manga green and blue colors rather than his more well known green and purple color scheme. It's in my top 3 Figuarts figures already along with 2.0 SSJ3 Goku and Broly. He's just a solid figure with great sculpt and paint and he comes with one of the best blast effects. I'm also really digging how the black armor on him isn't all black like the last 2 releases. It's got a chrome look to it in person that my camera can't really pick up. I'm gushing over this thing lol.

Next up is Majin Vegeta, Buu, and Frieza.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Last edited by hologram parade; 01-12-2019 at 01:25 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

One: 12

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Over the holidays i got the LEGO BB-8, a Kizuna AI Neno, a MASSIVE Izetta The Last Witch statue and still need to collect Kunosuba Aqua Figma and awaiting Widowmacker Figma from the post office...as well as the 2 Gundam Wing model kits, Androids 17 and 18 and Future Trunks i still haven't built! Oh and a new Evangelion Bag...i should really take some pictures!

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

it was a good day!

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    ^Very nice! I'm sure you saw people in the Neca group on Facebook going ape shit because they didn't get their TMNT figures. Really shitty of Gamestop to cancel orders. I wont pre-order through them after the shenanigans they tried to pull on me with my pre-orders of my Legends X-Men figures.

Finally got around to getting Majin Vegeta, Majin Buu, and Nappa. Both Nappa and Buu are pretty good figures, but Vegeta has one big problem that I totally forgot about (and the main reason I didn't pick him up immediately in the first place) and that is he comes with 2 of the same faces. One is supposed to be a stern face looking forward and another with the stern face but looking to the side instead of straight forward. Not a big deal, but still...

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    That's impressive!
    I really need to finish building my figure-rise models so i can make my DB diorama (have SS2 Gohan and Cell built, with Future Trunks, 17 and 18 to be built and aiming to get Piccolo, SSGSS Gogeta, and maybe a Vegeta/Goku (either their SSGSS, SS, base, or SS4 forms) at Comic-con this year.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    What is your recommendation to displaying your figures with limited space?

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Try and maximise the limited space you have. For example i live in what's called a studio, but it's really just a room big enough for a single bed, single wardrobe, desk, sink and stove. So to maximise space i bought some IKEA units that were shallow, and set them up above my desk and adding glass windows and lighting, so i can display my collection and use the tops and shelving. I'll post some pictures when i get the chance.
    Saying that they are already over-following and i need more space...

Saying that i just got these Little Witch Academia NENO's!
    https://otakumode.com/shop/5b3ad9386...hopOrderToUser
    https://otakumode.com/shop/58c75c760...-Kagari-Re-run

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

A post shared by on

WANT

Looks like it's only in the US though

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    What is your recommendation to displaying your figures with limited space?

If you have the room and spare funds for it, I'd suggest getting a detolf display case from Ikea. It doesn't take up much space and gives you some extra room to display figures. Especially if you cram them in like I do my Figuarts DBZ figures.

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/10119206/

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    If you have the room and spare funds for it, I'd suggest getting a detolf display case from Ikea. It doesn't take up much space and gives you some extra room to display figures. Especially if you cram them in like I do my Figuarts DBZ figures.

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/10119206/
    I really want one of these, like really want one...but i genuinely don't have the space

I guess i could get a smaller desk, but that would cost alot and i would need to find a way to get ride of my current desk...which is rather massive.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

A post shared by on

Well i have NO idea where these are going to go!

Really going to have to look to redecorate to make more display space

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    You going to get any of the Bring Arts Nier Automata figures? I have 2B, 9S, and A2 pre-ordered. I'm really glad I passed on the 1.0 2B figure released awhile ago as the 2.0 looks superior in every way.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    You going to get any of the Bring Arts Nier Automata figures? I have 2B, 9S, and A2 pre-ordered. I'm really glad I passed on the 1.0 2B figure released awhile ago as the 2.0 looks superior in every way.
    Honestly...i'm tempted. I have the 1.0 version (and i love it) so i don't know if i can justify it...i could get it and the Kaine model, and swap the heads for my old 2b with Kaines...no, stop giving me ideas!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    ...STOP MAKING THINGS I NEED GOOD SMILE COMPANY!

The Witcher 3 Ciri Nendoroid

https://otakumode.com/shop/5c9c346fd...Wild-Hunt-Ciri