Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Quentin Tarantino's The Hateful Eight

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Quentin Tarantino's The Hateful Eight

In THE HATEFUL EIGHT, set six or eight or twelve years after the Civil War, a stagecoach hurtles through the wintry Wyoming landscape. The passengers, bounty hunter John Ruth (Russell) and his fugitive Daisy Domergue (Leigh), race towards the town of Red Rock where Ruth, known in these parts as “The Hangman,” will bring Domergue to justice. Along the road, they encounter two strangers: Major Marquis Warren (Jackson), a black former union soldier turned infamous bounty hunter, and Chris Mannix (Goggins), a southern renegade who claims to be the town’s new Sheriff. Losing their lead on the blizzard, Ruth, Domergue, Warren and Mannix seek refuge at Minnie’s Haberdashery, a stagecoach stopover on a mountain pass. When they arrive at Minnie’s, they are greeted not by the proprietor but by four unfamiliar faces. Bob (Bichir), who’s taking care of Minnie’s while she’s visiting her mother, is holed up with Oswaldo Mobray (Roth), the hangman of Red Rock, cow-puncher Joe Gage (Madsen), and Confederate General Sanford Smithers (Dern). As the storm overtakes the mountainside stopover, our eight travelers come to learn they may not make it to Red Rock after all…

http://thefilmstage.com/trailer/quentin-tarantinos-the-hateful-eight-teaser-trailer-officially-released/

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Looks awesome. We have Star Wars, James Bond and this to look forward to!

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I was excited for a new teaser...until I saw that it was the same teaser that leaked last year.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    very very excited.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Definitely will be seeing this.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I want to see this in a 70mm screen. For once in my life, I want to see a film in 70mm.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Ennio Morricone doing his first Western score in over 40 years...wow.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    The soundtrack will be a must buy.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Does that mean this will be the first Tarantino movie with a full original score?? Django Unchained had the first song recorded specifically for a Tarantino movie, correct?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpool View Post
    Does that mean this will be the first Tarantino movie with a full original score?? Django Unchained had the first song recorded specifically for a Tarantino movie, correct?
    I really hope so. Article.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I read him saying that he doesn't go for original scores because what if they do all that work and he doesn't like it? He would have wasted their time and his own, so he used songs he knew and enjoyed.

Guess he changed his mind....

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I think it's more that Morricone would be one exception to that, since a lot of QT's recent movies have flat out used his music anyway.

I'm very excited for this, I don't think Morricone has done an American film since ​Mission To Mars.
    Last edited by onthewall2983; 07-12-2015 at 12:35 PM.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    A Quentin Tarantino film featuring a score by the Maestro.....?

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    I want to see this in a 70mm screen. For once in my life, I want to see a film in 70mm.
    Do it.
    It was worth it to see Jurassic World (shot in 65mm) on one of those screens when i was in denver last month. We don't have one in the panhandle.

I am fucking thrilled about new tarantino myself.

So this, Star Wars, and Paranormal Activity V-those are the ones i want to at least see on imax.
    PLUS, we have Twin Peaks and X Files coming soon to the small screen. I'm excited.

Edit: Oh, @thevoid99 , i think i was confused about the 70mm FILM thing
    Last edited by elevenism; 07-30-2015 at 07:19 AM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    SPECTRE
    THE FORCE AWAKENS
    THE HATEFUL EIGHT

Nice.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    This looks fuckin' hot.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I want to fucking see this in 70mm. It has to be somewhere in Atlanta and I need to be there.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    The screener has leaked. I'll be seeing this when it comes out here, but this is tempting for a Christmas Eve viewing.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I ain't watching a screener copy. Fuck that, I want to see it in 70mm. Screener copies is for suckers.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Well, I'm a sucker. Watched it last night lol. Was pretty good, typical Tarantino though...it's almost as if he's hemmed in by his own Tarantinoisms. That's a word now. Tonight, The Revenant!

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Last edited by Your Name Here; 07-25-2016 at 12:01 PM.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    I ain't watching a screener copy. Fuck that, I want to see it in 70mm. Screener copies is for suckers.
    The theater up the street from me is (I believe) the only theater in Arizona playing it in 70mm. They have a 7:00 showing tonight and I have to admit I'm tempted to go. If not tonight then definitely this weekend.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Soundtrack is now out, just put in an order.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I hope to see it this weekend as this might be the only time I will ever see a 70mm screening in my lifetime. I've been to a roadshow screening in 2009 for Che which is an experience that I will never forget. I hope to have something that is the same.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Had full intentions of going to see the film tonight at the only theatre in town playing it for the 6pm show. As of 4pm it was sold out... so instead, streamed the screener from the comfort of my own home. Meh, shoot me... I tired to pay for it, had no other choice, lol.

Great film from Tarantino as usual. Easily one of the better films of the year.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    It was pretty good. Beautiful visually. Some parts ran a little long but much better than Django, which I didn't like at all. Jennifer Jason Leigh killed it.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I thought it started off awfully, but it got a lot better after about 45 minutes in. I think I preferred Django, if I'm being honest.

Spoiler: "Black dicks in white mouths" had me HOWLING.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    went to the Roadshow viewing tonight at Cinema East in the East Village. It was alot of fun. First of all this part. movie theatre they screened it in was just beautiful. Big, multi-level, old-school theatre with a huge screen. The 70mm stuff really came through really well with the Wyoming landscape shots of course, but even some of the interior stuff was great with it b/c more was in the frame than you'd typically get in a closer shot. The stage coach interior shots for example were just bigger & wider than they'd be normally.

Cool extras you get as part of the Roadshow:

"playbill" guide to the movie, with nice full-color shots from the movie, cast & background info on everything

musical prelude right before the actual movie starts, with the movie's main theme

15 minute intermission

nothing mindblowing, but definitely sets the tone and made everything more enjoyable. Made it feel like an event.

As far as the movie...it's Tarantino people. If you like his style of dialogue and over the top bloody violence, then you'll almost certainly like this. Sure it could be considered slow at times, but I love how he writes dialogue and can listen to his characters interact all day long. So I loved it. The theatre was laughing hard throughout. Lots of humor.

I loved the mystery and wondering what was going to happen. I could see this one not having the same impact upon repeated viewings, but it sure was good first go round.