Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30

Thread: The Black Queen

Mentioned
    393 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    I managed to catch SRSQ at a gig in Philly last month, with Public Memory (cheers @frankie teardrop ) and your description is no exaggeration. I was kind of bummed that I wouldn't be getting an encore when TBQ came around, but I also get not wanting to saturate a market I guess. If you can catch SRSQ live, do it.

Uniform reminds me of that one band in the nine-band lineup at the all ages fire hall show in 2000. Not my cup of tea, but glad to see there are folks who are enjoying their set, so I'll leave it at that!
    i feel like it can be really hard to dance/move/emote when you're stuck at a keyboard (somehow it never feels as hard on drums, despite also being stuck in place), and the fact that she can do it so well and deliver some of the most powerful, ethereal vocals at the same time, on stage by herself, is absolutely incredible.

totally get what you mean about uniform haha

One great big festering neon distraction....
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Hawpee berfday, Greg Puciato.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Just got home from tonight's show and loved it. The band sounded great and loved it when Chris Hornbrook (Big Black Delta) joined the band on drums for the ending to "Apocalypse Morning". I loved when the visuals didn't work and Steve slammed that MacBook hard. Anyway I can't articulate everything, good night.

Random tidbits:
    I spoke with Chris Hornbrook prior to the show and asked about the status of Big Black Delta and he even doesn't know.
    Uniform was awesome!
    SRSQ was all right, she didn't gel with me.
    I finally know what the actual guitar parts in the songs are! @Toadflax let's hang sometime.
    Justin is one tall dude. (I'm 5'7)

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virushopper View Post
    @Toadflax let's hang sometime.
    You got it!

Great show, although the sound mix was quite bad right in front of the stage. Also, it felt like the crowd energy was sapped a bit from the place only being 2/3 full.

Pics!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Show was fun! Uniform were great as always and their singer mentioned they'll be back around August \m/ <3

I've given TBQ quite a few chances, on paper it seems like a band I'd be into. But idk, I guess they're not for me. Really enjoyed some riffs and ideas they bring on, but ultimately they reminded me of other acts therefore not sounding like something new and fresh. If anything, their stage energy was great.

Oh and pretty sure we spotted Matt McJunkins hanging out in the crowd next to us. Always nice seeing musicians supporting their buds.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Is anyone interested in a sealed clear vinyl variant of Infinite Games? Have to part with it to pay some bills. $100 shipped (within US, outside US will need to add shipping).

Message me. SOLD
    Last edited by Reznor2112; 10-16-2019 at 04:18 PM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Yo, I am now selling my swirl variant of Infinite Games.

$150 -- free shipping in US -- Still Sealed.

Message me.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Last edited by ryanmcfly; 01-21-2020 at 01:46 PM.

Mentioned
    393 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    you might also want to list it on Discogs! there's a bunch of people with it on their wantlist, and the only copy is currently up for $150

https://www.discogs.com/The-Black-Qu...elease/7459822

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    There could be hope for people who missed the original pressings...

A post shared by on

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    What's all this Federal Prisoner business? I just got an email about an imminent announcement.

https://www.instagram.com/federalprisoner/

Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    I'd appreciate a repress. It can be basic boring black for all I care.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'm still wondering if anyone here got one of the original Fever Daydream tapes, the one limited to 33 copies that has a 33 minute ambient loop on each side. To my knowledge, the audio still hasn't leaked yet. And I believe the band wanted the people who got the tapes to share what was on it.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    What's all this Federal Prisoner business? I just got an email about an imminent announcement.

https://www.instagram.com/federalprisoner/
    Federal Prisoner is the label that they created. They talked about doing a bunch of stuff (non music stuff too) for it. They've been posting some teasers on instagram with sound. People in the TBQ facebook group I'm in are speculating that they could be teasing a Greg Puciato solo record.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trollmanen View Post
    I'm still wondering if anyone here got one of the original Fever Daydream tapes, the one limited to 33 copies that has a 33 minute ambient loop on each side. To my knowledge, the audio still hasn't leaked yet. And I believe the band wanted the people who got the tapes to share what was on it.
    Wow - never heard about what was on those tapes and would of course love to hear it!

Mentioned
    393 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trollmanen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by barkhammer View Post
    Wow - never heard about what was on those tapes and would of course love to hear it!
    i think @Reznor2112 has one, if i remember correctly. someone on here definitely does. if i had money i would absolutely buy it off of someone who wasn't selling it for too much.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i think @Reznor2112 has one, if i remember correctly. someone on here definitely does. if i had money i would absolutely buy it off of someone who wasn't selling it for too much.
    I used to have one but someone in the TBQ facebook group has it now. Both sides are the subtle ambient backing track from The End Where We Start on loop. Honestly nothing to write home about. More of a novelty to have it in your hand than anything.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I have one of the tapes

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    393 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJK View Post
    I have one of the tapes

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Stephen Alexander Ryan and Justin McGrath released a soundtrack EP for Rob Sheridan's comic book High Level this week. 35 track album releasing later this spring.

https://stevenalexanderryanjustinmcgrath.bandcamp.com/