Page 30 of 37 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast

Thread: The Black Queen / Greg Puciato (solo) / Better Lovers

One great big festering neon distraction....
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Hawpee berfday, Greg Puciato.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Just got home from tonight's show and loved it. The band sounded great and loved it when Chris Hornbrook (Big Black Delta) joined the band on drums for the ending to "Apocalypse Morning". I loved when the visuals didn't work and Steve slammed that MacBook hard. Anyway I can't articulate everything, good night.

Random tidbits:
    I spoke with Chris Hornbrook prior to the show and asked about the status of Big Black Delta and he even doesn't know.
    Uniform was awesome!
    SRSQ was all right, she didn't gel with me.
    I finally know what the actual guitar parts in the songs are! @Toadflax let's hang sometime.
    Justin is one tall dude. (I'm 5'7)

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virushopper View Post
    @Toadflax let's hang sometime.
    You got it!

Great show, although the sound mix was quite bad right in front of the stage. Also, it felt like the crowd energy was sapped a bit from the place only being 2/3 full.

Pics!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Show was fun! Uniform were great as always and their singer mentioned they'll be back around August \m/ <3

I've given TBQ quite a few chances, on paper it seems like a band I'd be into. But idk, I guess they're not for me. Really enjoyed some riffs and ideas they bring on, but ultimately they reminded me of other acts therefore not sounding like something new and fresh. If anything, their stage energy was great.

Oh and pretty sure we spotted Matt McJunkins hanging out in the crowd next to us. Always nice seeing musicians supporting their buds.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Is anyone interested in a sealed clear vinyl variant of Infinite Games? Have to part with it to pay some bills. $100 shipped (within US, outside US will need to add shipping).

Message me. SOLD
    Last edited by Reznor2112; 10-16-2019 at 03:18 PM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Yo, I am now selling my swirl variant of Infinite Games.

$150 -- free shipping in US -- Still Sealed.

Message me.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Last edited by ryanmcfly; 01-21-2020 at 12:46 PM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    you might also want to list it on Discogs! there's a bunch of people with it on their wantlist, and the only copy is currently up for $150

https://www.discogs.com/The-Black-Qu...elease/7459822

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    There could be hope for people who missed the original pressings...

A post shared by on

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    What's all this Federal Prisoner business? I just got an email about an imminent announcement.

https://www.instagram.com/federalprisoner/

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I'd appreciate a repress. It can be basic boring black for all I care.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I'm still wondering if anyone here got one of the original Fever Daydream tapes, the one limited to 33 copies that has a 33 minute ambient loop on each side. To my knowledge, the audio still hasn't leaked yet. And I believe the band wanted the people who got the tapes to share what was on it.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    What's all this Federal Prisoner business? I just got an email about an imminent announcement.

https://www.instagram.com/federalprisoner/
    Federal Prisoner is the label that they created. They talked about doing a bunch of stuff (non music stuff too) for it. They've been posting some teasers on instagram with sound. People in the TBQ facebook group I'm in are speculating that they could be teasing a Greg Puciato solo record.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trollmanen View Post
    I'm still wondering if anyone here got one of the original Fever Daydream tapes, the one limited to 33 copies that has a 33 minute ambient loop on each side. To my knowledge, the audio still hasn't leaked yet. And I believe the band wanted the people who got the tapes to share what was on it.
    Wow - never heard about what was on those tapes and would of course love to hear it!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trollmanen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by barkhammer View Post
    Wow - never heard about what was on those tapes and would of course love to hear it!
    i think @Reznor2112 has one, if i remember correctly. someone on here definitely does. if i had money i would absolutely buy it off of someone who wasn't selling it for too much.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i think @Reznor2112 has one, if i remember correctly. someone on here definitely does. if i had money i would absolutely buy it off of someone who wasn't selling it for too much.
    I used to have one but someone in the TBQ facebook group has it now. Both sides are the subtle ambient backing track from The End Where We Start on loop. Honestly nothing to write home about. More of a novelty to have it in your hand than anything.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I have one of the tapes

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJK View Post
    I have one of the tapes

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Stephen Alexander Ryan and Justin McGrath released a soundtrack EP for Rob Sheridan's comic book High Level this week. 35 track album releasing later this spring.

https://stevenalexanderryanjustinmcgrath.bandcamp.com/

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Not good at linking things but the Federal Prisoner instagram page is teasing an announcement for Sunday on the Daniel P Carter show on BBC radio. The picture has an inverted picture of a kid that I'm going to assume is Greg. My guess is solo music maybe.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9IAjkIJtV3/

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Greg has a new solo album coming out! New song "Fire For Water" premiered on Radio 1's Rock Show about half an hour ago, and will be officially released tomorrow. Much more like DEP than TBQ. It's really good.

You can hear it on the replay of the show at 47:17:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000fyyz

EDIT: Song is on Apple Music now!
    Last edited by otnavuskire; 03-02-2020 at 08:43 AM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

A post shared by on

Steve Alexander Ryan and Justin McGrath have created a soundtrack for Rob Sheridan's comic book, High Level. Pre-orders and digital this Friday!

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Same day as Dais' repress of Coil's Musick to Play in the Dark. Friday's gon be 'spensive.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Hey this is gonna be a great day tomorrow! I just finished the artwork layout for the digital release. it looks epic. Glad to be a part of this on some small level. The soundtrack is epic. You won't be disappointed!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Already have my copy pre-ordered! Rob put up a bundle early for his patrons including a signed copy of the album.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Latest single off Greg's new solo album. It's a lot more like TBQ than the rest of the singles so far, but still pretty different. I like it a lot.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    Latest single off Greg's new solo album. It's a lot more like TBQ than the rest of the singles so far, but still pretty different. I like it a lot.

Great song.... but def feels odd mixed with the other 4 singles. Maybe it will make more sense in the context of the record but at first this was like whiplash.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post

Agreed. It has a heavy TBQ vibe going especially with his vocals.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

A post shared by on

Just posted by the Federal Prisoner and TBQ social media accounts. Terrible logo, but if it means new music, I'm cool with it.