Results 991 to 1,020 of 1107

Thread: The Black Queen / Greg Puciato (solo) / Better Lovers

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    thanks, just got mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Still hoping someone will leak the audio from that pre-Fever Daydream cassette that was limited to 33 copies. It's apparently just a drone but it would be cool to hear it.

Glad they decided to do a bigger run of cassettes, happy to grab one finally.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trollmanen View Post
    Still hoping someone will leak the audio from that pre-Fever Daydream cassette that was limited to 33 copies. It's apparently just a drone but it would be cool to hear it.

Glad they decided to do a bigger run of cassettes, happy to grab one finally.

Someone on here has it - I originally had one of the cassettes and since parted with it but i ripped it and uploaded it here a few years back. I dont have the file anymore though. It is honestly just the ambient loop from The End Where We Start. You essentially get that in the first 10 seconds here: https://theblackqueen.bandcamp.com/t...t-instrumental. but on repeat

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    Someone on here has it - I originally had one of the cassettes and since parted with it but i ripped it and uploaded it here a few years back. I dont have the file anymore though. It is honestly just the ambient loop from The End Where We Start. You essentially get that in the first 10 seconds here: https://theblackqueen.bandcamp.com/t...t-instrumental. but on repeat
    Yeah, whomever has it here isn't talking or willing to share. It's strange since the band basically encouraged the folks who got one of those 33 tapes to share the audio. I know it's nothing really special, but I'd still like to get a rip if someone has the file.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I mean I don't have the equipment to rip it and I'm sure as fuck not mailing it to anyone. So like I don't know, maybe stop being a jerk.

And since you literally DM'd me about this a long time ago I know you're fucking talking about me. I'm not going to mail a stranger an extremely valuable tape so ya'll can here something on loop.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/bh5mz3xpzwsbbks/The%20Black%20Queen%20%5E%20Fever%20Daydream%20Cas sette%20MMXV.mp3

320 kbps MP3. Not my rip, it may be the one one Reznor2112 shared here a few years ago, this is most likely where I got it, but I honestly don't remember.
    Last edited by frl; 10-27-2021 at 09:13 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by frl View Post
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/bh5mz3xpzwsbbks/the%20black%20queen%20%5e%20fever%20daydream%20cas sette%20mmxv.mp3

320 kbps mp3. Not my rip, it may be the one one reznor2112 shared here a few years ago, this is most likely where i got it, but i honestly don't remember.
    thank you!

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/bh5mz3xpzwsbbks/The%20Black%20Queen%20%5E%20Fever%20Daydream%20Cas sette%20MMXV.mp3

320 kbps MP3. Not my rip, it may be the one one Reznor2112 shared here a few years ago, this is most likely where I got it, but I honestly don't remember.
    I never got around to listening to the cassette - it's a little bit like if Belong did Basinski's Disintegration Loops with elements of The End Where We Start.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    I guess you might call this a remix by the barest definition of the term, but I took the cassette audio, ran it through noise reduction and EQ and a lush Eventide reverb for some stereo space, and you can download the result in FLAC here.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    I guess you might call this a remix by the barest definition of the term, but I took the cassette audio, ran it through noise reduction and EQ and a lush Eventide reverb for some stereo space, and you can download the result in FLAC here.
    thank you both

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Regarding Greg solo work:
    Repost from Federal Prisoner:

Federal Prisoner commemorates the one-year anniversary of the release of Greg Puciato’s solo debut album, Child Soldier: Creator of God, and the soundtrack to his livestream performance, Fuck Content, with the free release of the full streamed event on YouTube available to watch now.

Federal Prisoner also reissues both the studio album and the livestream’s soundtrack as new limited-edition vinyl variants. The pair of vinyl releases mark the first time the two albums have been available on the format since selling out of their initial pressing. Each album will be a 2LP release, with Child Soldier: Creator of God available on metallic swirl, and Fuck Content on clear vinyl with a new Draxler-designed gatefold layout. Pre-orders for the 500 hand-numbered online variants are available now via the Federal Prisoner webstore(link in profile), with an additional two unique 500-count variants going to both North American and European retail in the Spring. New and previously sold out merchandise is also available. federalprisoner.shop

Puciato is currently in the studio wrapping up work on the follow-up to Child Soldier: Creator of God. Titled Mirrorcell, it is expected to see a late Spring 2022 release via Federal Prisoner, with more details to come in January.

Last edited by Reznor2112; 12-08-2021 at 01:45 PM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Mirrorcell - the new solo album is up for pre-order now at: https://federalprisoner.shop/

Along with the limited single "Lowered"
    Last edited by Reznor2112; 06-09-2022 at 07:24 AM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    New music video for the single "Lowered"

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Songs rules, and its really awesome seeing Reba get some solo spotlight.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Cross posting from the Dillinger thread (neutral face) lol.

I believe it was @richardp that noticed that if you buy the digital album on Bandcamp, you will get some bonuses:

This bandcamp edition will include an additional bonus download including remixes and scratch demos, voice memos, and other surprise bonuses.
    So far bonuses include(will keep adding things as the release gets closer):
    * Instrumental and Vocal-Only of ALL TRACKS
    * Lowered(GP/RM remix)
    * Lowered(Headless Horseman remix)

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    New Greg solo single
    Last edited by Reznor2112; 06-09-2022 at 07:24 AM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Release date pushed to July 1. Believe original was June 22.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    oh

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    Believe original was June 22.
    Welp...

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I think it has to do with vinyl shortages. I ordered the reissue of the Fuck Content vinyl back in…February? It was supposed to ship ‘Spring 2022’ and I sent Federal Prisoner an email this week asking them for status of that vinyl and they said to expect it ‘mid August 2022’

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Thoughts after one listen! I'll go into specifics in the spoiler zone since most people probably haven't had a chance to get it yet, but overall I love it!

Spoiler: I'm a massive TBQ fan but not at all a DEP fan, as the heavy/noisy/screamy thing just isn't for me. So basically I want Greg's solo stuff to be more on the TBQ side. Mirrorcell is a really nice blend of the two, which only really goes into screamy noisy territory in the last song. But all of the heavier songs have a nice melodic and dynamic quality to them, rather than just being noise for noise's sake. So ultimately, for my personal taste, this is the best I could ask for: it doesn't sound so much like TBQ that it might as well just be TBQ, but also the heavier stuff isn't too crazy for me. Unlike his first album, I'll actually be listening to this front to back, rather than just cherrypicking the songs that suit me. Very excited to spend more time with this!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    Thoughts after one listen!
    You got yours already? I haven't even gotten a shipping notification.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    You got yours already? I haven't even gotten a shipping notification.
    No, my “welp” from yesterday was meant as a subtle indicator that it’s now findable in the places.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    No, my “welp” from yesterday was meant as a subtle indicator that it’s now findable in the places.
    Ah, I'll go look at the places then. Thanks!

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

A post shared by on

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Psyched for solo show news. Fingers crossed the dates line up with my schedule.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Gawdamn this record fucks. Really shows off how good a vocalist Greg is. Definitely in my top three with Corey Taylor and TR.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Fuck that last song is R I D I C U L O U S.

Greg REALLY outdid himself with this album.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Anyone care to give me a nudge in the right direction via DM?