Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virushopper View Post
    New live album coming out on 12/20.
    @Toadflax time to relive it!

Hey, it’s that guy I am!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Did anyone else order the Picture Disc version of Mirrorcell from the Bandcamp page? They were supposed to ship by November 30, and I can't get any updates out of them. I emailed via the order page and got a reply from the Federal Prisoner shop saying I needed to contact Bandcamp since the order was through them. That is wrong since Bandcamp doesn't fulfill merchandise orders, it's the artists or their representatives. I'm sure it's delayed, but it's more frustrating that I can't get any answer from them other than trying to pass me back to Bandcamp which isn't helpful at all.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    I hate to say it, but this sounds...not very good.
    the recording and mixing sound good, and he sounds good when he's screaming, but yeah his singing vocals are...weird?

this is also (as you and i talked about) my least-fav song from his solo stuff.

unrelated - i finally listened to mirrorcell over the weekend and FUCK was it good. honestly like it way more than child soldier; much more cohesive.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Live Album is now on sale via Bandcamp.

Got the Blood Red/Electric Blue splatter version.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    The Black Queen's Instagram posted a new photo today with Greg, Steve and Justin. Definitely seems like Josh is no longer associated with the band, which bums me out.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trollmanen View Post
    The Black Queen's Instagram posted a new photo today with Greg, Steve and Justin. Definitely seems like Josh is no longer associated with the band, which bums me out.
    Well, that sucks. Dammit...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    Well, that sucks. Dammit...
    That's true. But at least it looks like the band is still active at all and that's a good thing!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Josh being out doesn't surprise me honestly. I remember him saying last year on Twitter or Instagram that Telefon Tel Aviv won't be performing live for a long time, so even if he kept on the band he wouldn't be touring with them, he always seemed to enjoy more being on the studio than on the stage.

I'm glad TBQ still a thing specially with Justin now being a official member since I love Polyfuse. Was afraid Josh being out + Puciato's solo career would quietly end the band.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

A post shared by on

Greg's solo dates have been announced!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Oh shit, Vancouver! Let's go.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Gonna hit up either Nashville or Charlotte

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    great bill but right in the middle of basically every band on the planet touring as well. If i went to the NYC show I'd be going to three shows three days in a row. Brutal. Sucks b/c I wanna see Escuela Grind too.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    great bill but right in the middle of basically every band on the planet touring as well. If i went to the NYC show I'd be going to three shows three days in a row. Brutal. Sucks b/c I wanna see Escuela Grind too.
    We are getting old man! I also have three shows around the Greg Puciato concert (Caroline Polachek, Fever Ray, and this one), this is during a 10 day period. It'll be rough (I need my 8 hrs of sleep) but it'll be worth it.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Something funky is going on with the Montreal show. The venue has a completely different band listed on that date. And outside of Greg’s announcement I can’t find any information about him playing anywhere in Montreal. Someone commented on Instagram that they emailed the venue and they replied that Greg’s date is the 21st, which is an obvious conflict with the Toronto date. I have commented and sent messages and emails, but haven’t been able to find any information about that show.

Friday edit: they confirmed that they accidentally double booked, and at the moment there is no Montreal show. They’re trying to find a new venue. Really hope that happens because the Boston date just doesn’t work for me, unfortunately.
    Last edited by otnavuskire; 03-24-2023 at 12:58 PM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    New band featuring Greg Puciato from Dillinger Escape Plan and the former members of Every Time I Die just got announced! First song is so good.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Shit slaps.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Holy shit I never even considered Greg to be Jordan's new vocalist. This is fucking SICK. Love love love everything about this.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tour dates with Underoath announced too:

UNDEROATH/THE GHOST INSIDE/WE CAME AS ROMANS/BETTER LOVERS: 2023 TOUR
    07/15 Mansfield, OH – Inkcarceration Festival (no We Came As Romans/Better Lovers)
    07/16 Chicago, IL – The Salt Shed
    07/17 Louisville, KY – Old Forester’s Paristown Hall
    07/19 Reading, PA – Santander Arena
    07/21 New Haven, CT – College Street Music Hall
    07/22 Liverpool, NY – Sharkey’s
    07/23 Toronto, ON – RBC Echo Beach
    07/24 Montreal, QC – L’Olympia
    07/27 Asbury Park, NJ – Stone Pony Summer Stage
    07/28 Brooklyn, NY – Coney Island Amphitheater
    07/29 Baltimore, MD – Pier Six Pavilion
    07/30 Worcester, MA – The Palladium Outdoors
    08/01 Myrtle Beach, SC – House of Blues
    08/03 Tampa, FL – Yuengling Center
    08/04 Boca Raton, FL – Sunset Cove Amphitheater
    08/05 St. Augustine, FL – St. Augustine Amphitheater
    08/06 Atlanta, GA – Coca Cola Roxy
    08/08 New Orleans, LA – Orpheum Theater
    08/10 Houston, TX – Bayou Music Center
    08/11 San Antonio, TX – Boeing Center at Tech Port
    08/12 Dallas, TX – The Factory in Deep Ellum
    08/14 Albuquerque, NM – Revel (no Better Lovers)
    08/15 Tempe, AZ – The Marquee (no Better Lovers)
    08/18 San Francisco, CA – The Warfield (no Better Lovers)
    08/19 Santa Ana, CA – Observatory Festival Grounds (no Better Lovers)

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Damn, members from Underoath, ETID, and TDEP all on the same tour together?? It's like its 2006 all over again.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Damn, members from Underoath, ETID, and TDEP all on the same tour together?? It's like its 2006 all over again.
    Kind of like that Static-X tour?! lol

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virushopper View Post
    Kind of like that Static-X tour?! lol
    Yo if that tour was actually coming to KC I'd be there in a heartbeat.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Not into that song, especially as it means longer until more Black Queen, but good for people who are missing the harder side of GP!

This leads me to a question I'd been wanting to ask on here: what are some DEP songs that would be enjoyable to someone like me who absolutely loves The Black Queen but doesn't screamy/hardcore stuff like the song above or most of DEP (as far as I've heard, at least). For context, I'd say Mirrorcell is all within my tolerance level but starts to push it. Deep Set is another song I enjoy but would start to pull away from if it got any noisier/screamier.

Thanks! Looking forward to hearing some recommendations!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    Not into that song, especially as it means longer until more Black Queen, but good for people who are missing the harder side of GP!

This leads me to a question I'd been wanting to ask on here: what are some DEP songs that would be enjoyable to someone like me who absolutely loves The Black Queen but doesn't screamy/hardcore stuff like the song above or most of DEP (as far as I've heard, at least). For context, I'd say Mirrorcell is all within my tolerance level but starts to push it. Deep Set is another song I enjoy but would start to pull away from if it got any noisier/screamier.

Thanks! Looking forward to hearing some recommendations!
    Oh boy! One of us is the Killer (the song), Milk Lizard, Unretrofied, Widower, Black Bubblegum, Parisitic Twins, Symptom of Terminal Illness, Nothing to Forget and Dissociation (the song). But do yourself a favor and listen to the whole discography. If you are more into his solo stuff then I would start with Ire Works, and if you like what you hear then go for the full catalogue!

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cahernandez View Post
    Oh boy! One of us is the Killer (the song), Milk Lizard, Unretrofied, Widower, Black Bubblegum, Parisitic Twins, Symptom of Terminal Illness, Nothing to Forget and Dissociation (the song). But do yourself a favor and listen to the whole discography. If you are more into his solo stuff then I would start with Ire Works, and if you like what you hear then go for the full catalogue!
    Again, I'm not into the screamy/noisy stuff, so I doubt I'll ever get into the whole discography. I just did a quick scan through some of the songs you mentioned, and they're an interesting blend of stuff that's more approachable but then with screamy/noisy bits here and there. That makes me hesitant, but it could also be the gateway drug I need to get used to that sound.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    This new track fucksssss. Can’t wait for a headlining tour. Gotta start doing more cardio for sure

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Greg just posted an updated image of his solo tour dates...and fucked the dates up, listing Toronto on the wrong date. Montreal is the date I was hoping to go to, really the only one that worked for me, but it's officially not happening now. Sucks.

Also I just realized, the title of the Better Lovers song is 30 Below 13. Which could be written as a fraction as 13/30. Which equals...

43%
    Last edited by otnavuskire; 04-24-2023 at 02:55 PM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Nick Sadler is joining Greg's band for the solo tour. Kinda glad I'm not going now. I know he didn't do anything directly himself, but he didn't do much to help the situation with his former bandmate when the shit went down a couple years ago.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    Nick Sadler is joining Greg's band for the solo tour. Kinda glad I'm not going now. I know he didn't do anything directly himself, but he didn't do much to help the situation with his former bandmate when the shit went down a couple years ago.
    You ain’t lyin’… Surprised tbh.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Saw Greg in Charlotte last night. Maybe 90 people there. Killer show though. He jumped to the barricade and we sang part of the Heavy part of Evacuation. Then he saw my Dillinger final shows shirt smiled and YANKED ME to his face while we screamed “HOW COULD IT ALL BE”. Good times.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Caught the final show of the tour and it was amazing! Small crowd too, but Greg and co. delivered the goods. Having hinted that there was special final track to the show, I was pleasantly surprised Greg and the band played "One of us is the Killer" in its entirety. Greg has teased the track before "September City" but he screamed and sang the entire thing. Another highlight was seeing Billy Howerdel play to TBQ song "The End Where We Start?" with Greg on guitar. His playing really accentuated the guitar parts to almost an APC track guitar lick.

Random tidbits:
    I did not realize Gil Sharone stood next to me the entire time during Greg's set.
    Just like the last LA show, I bumped into Tyler Bates and Jerry Cantrell while entering the venue.
    Greg's favorite version of "Silent Scream" is the remix by Haex. Very cool to see Sarah Graves (?) of the group perform the track with him tonight.
    I never expected Greg to do the DC Dark Metal track, "Now You​’​ve Really Done It" but it slayed! Tyler Bates and Gil Sharone killed it too.
    "Roach Hiss" live is fucking amazing. My initial thought, the track Ben Koller would be a Killer be Killed track.

Good times.