Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Bloodborne

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Beat it, now I've finished every Souls game...so good. The only big thing that bothers me about these games are the terrible endings. You have these great worlds with vague stories, then a 20 sec ending almost every time. It's ridiculous.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I went and bought Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin for my PS4 today. Looking for more fun. Right?

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    Beat it, now I've finished every Souls game...so good. The only big thing that bothers me about these games are the terrible endings. You have these great worlds with vague stories, then a 20 sec ending almost every time. It's ridiculous.
    One of the choices at the end actually does have a pretty lengthy ending that's really nifty.

Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I went and bought Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin for my PS4 today. Looking for more fun. Right?
    Yeah... as soon as they fix the issues I'll dive back in. As it stands now, rolling/dodging is broken due to the frame rate increase, and weapons degrade at least twice as fast as they should. I've heard there's problems with hit detection too... so I think I'll just wait for the patch. The game's hard and frustrating enough without that

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    One of the choices at the end actually does have a pretty lengthy ending that's really nifty.

Yeah... as soon as they fix the issues I'll dive back in. As it stands now, rolling/dodging is broken due to the frame rate increase, and weapons degrade at least twice as fast as they should. I've heard there's problems with hit detection too... so I think I'll just wait for the patch. The game's hard and frustrating enough without that
    Is it? I think they fixed the weapon durability glitch.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/new.../1100-6426819/

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Jinsai, do you mean the "third" ending? I actually saved my game to a USB stick to see all of them.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    Jinsai, do you mean the "third" ending? I actually saved my game to a USB stick to see all of them.
    Spoiler: The one where you "submit" and don't fight the final boss... I liked that one...
    Also, maybe I'm interpreting it wrong, but my guess was that the "good" ending, if you fight the real final boss etc, is a reference tying to the final boss of Demons Souls?

and yeah @Space Suicide , that's the patch, but it's still incoming with no official date set yet.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Bloodborne expansion confirmed!

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/blo.../1100-6427497/

Cannot wait. Love this game!

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Bloodborne expansion confirmed!

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/blo.../1100-6427497/

Cannot wait. Love this game!
    excited too...

Bloodborne is the best game I've played in years.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    DLC is live... currently getting my NG+++ character back to the endgame
    Also, remembering why this might be the best game ever made.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Well, after putting it off of no reason and beating DSIII extremely quick (doing PvP and random exploring before NG+) I have decided to revisit Bloodborne and buy The Old Hunters DLC. Can't wait to start it in a bit!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Old Hunters is absolutely amazing, hope you like it!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    After playing and failing I've easily become frustrated with this DLC already, which i expected but not this early on. I'm playing NG+ so besides being semi-rusty this added difficulty modifier is making this even more difficult than it could and should be to me. My weapons are so fucking weak I can't even damage Ludwig in the first boss fight. I'm not even using a shitty leveled weapon. I'm using a +8 Saw Cleaver. It does next to no damage. Guess I'll be power leveling with bosses in co-op just to level myself up to kill this fucker.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    NG+ would be really hard, shit regular mode was really difficult. I thought it was the hardest part of any of the Souls series so far. I've beaten all of them except for DS3.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    what is a good point to hop into the dlc, I'm still like mid way in the game, just reached the Shadow of Yarnham boss, been taken to some of the nightmares and am about level 55 (i do suck at bosses tho..)
    Also snake head things? my newest fear.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    After finding help on reddit I killed Ludwig the Jerk. Jesus Christ was that difficult.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    After finding help on reddit I killed Ludwig the Jerk. Jesus Christ was that difficult.
    that was for me the hardest fight in the whole game. I went into it on NG+++, but that was really rough.
    @liquidcalm ummmm, you might as well unlock the DLC because you're at the point where you can, and maybe you'll want to run in there and grab some of the cool things you can loot... but just don't frustrate yourself unnecessarily if it's too much. The DLC is easily the hardest "area" of the game.

It depends on your build and how you play, but 55 might be a little low.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 05-02-2016 at 02:11 PM.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I don't play a lot of games and finish even less but Bloodborne is seriously a top-contender for my all-time favorite, and that says a lot. I've been obsessed with KOTOR since I was a kid and in love with classic Fallout for ages but, good god, BB is just ... it's everything I ever wanted in a game but never expected to get. It's a Lovecraftian nightmare shrouded in a Victorian Gothic wrapping paper with some of the greatest lore and visual world-building, fast-paced and challenging combat that's often more fair than it isn't, some of the most breathtaking and horrifying (and often at times a mixture of the two) art I've ever seen in a game world. It's just near-perfect for me.

I've still avoided the DLC because I don't like the idea of never having anything else new to do in this world. I extremely doubt we'll ever get a BB2, but just, fucking hell. I'm still really obsessed with it. No game's gotten under my skin like it did thematically. It's an incredible story of the birthing process and maternal grief, an incredible presentation of cosmic dread and a really kickass action game to boot.

It's the only game that's genuinely made me feel deep dread and terror despite being a powerful bad ass. Most horror games fail miserably when they let you run around killing everything -- I never got Dead Space and couldn't find it remotely scary because I could beat the whole game relatively easily with just the starting gun, let alone all the other high-level shit they toss into your hands. But Bloodborne really, really freaked me out deeply and in a psychological way from just ... everything about it. The implications of the lore. The world around you. The level design. The absence of humanity. The regular sense that you're stepping foot in a place where there used to be life, just a moment ago, but now it's completely desolate and all that's left are the monsters that made it that way. It's the only reason I don't regret buying a PS4 in general (I just hardly play anything and it's often the Netflix Machine in my living room). I can't gush enough about it. It feels tailor-made for me and my interests.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    that was for me the hardest fight in the whole game. I went into it on NG+++, but that was really rough.
    @liquidcalm ummmm, you might as well unlock the DLC because you're at the point where you can, and maybe you'll want to run in there and grab some of the cool things you can loot... but just don't frustrate yourself unnecessarily if it's too much. The DLC is easily the hardest "area" of the game.

It depends on your build and how you play, but 55 might be a little low.
    As I've heard, seen and read EVERYWHERE. You're not alone and I definitely say he was hard as shit. He tests EVERYTHING. Luckily the guy that helped me had a strong arcane build. He helped a lot with additional damage. His 2nd phase is far cooler and easier to fight (and wow the music!). It played a lot like a Dark Souls tank type boss. That 1st phase where he's a rampaging, unpredictable dickhead had me gripping my controller and my desk in huge muscle flexes of angst. I'm glad it's over and I dig his sword. I'll try leveling it through my continuing play through.

After seeing and reading up I'm really dreading the Orphan of Kos fight as well.... Maria of the Astral Clocktower seems like it'll be a cool fight. Can't wait to try that one.

As for the Hunter's Nightmare in general, what makes it difficult is all the hunter enemies. They're so quick and those weapons they use are brutal. I think they overamped the difficulty for the DLC though. Admitted I'm only in NG+ in the Forbidden Woods (haven't played the game since last summer) but the DLC feels like NG++ to my character.

Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    I don't play a lot of games and finish even less but Bloodborne is seriously a top-contender for my all-time favorite, and that says a lot. I've been obsessed with KOTOR since I was a kid and in love with classic Fallout for ages but, good god, BB is just ... it's everything I ever wanted in a game but never expected to get. It's a Lovecraftian nightmare shrouded in a Victorian Gothic wrapping paper with some of the greatest lore and visual world-building, fast-paced and challenging combat that's often more fair than it isn't, some of the most breathtaking and horrifying (and often at times a mixture of the two) art I've ever seen in a game world. It's just near-perfect for me.

I've still avoided the DLC because I don't like the idea of never having anything else new to do in this world. I extremely doubt we'll ever get a BB2, but just, fucking hell. I'm still really obsessed with it. No game's gotten under my skin like it did thematically. It's an incredible story of the birthing process and maternal grief, an incredible presentation of cosmic dread and a really kickass action game to boot.

It's the only game that's genuinely made me feel deep dread and terror despite being a powerful bad ass. Most horror games fail miserably when they let you run around killing everything -- I never got Dead Space and couldn't find it remotely scary because I could beat the whole game relatively easily with just the starting gun, let alone all the other high-level shit they toss into your hands. But Bloodborne really, really freaked me out deeply and in a psychological way from just ... everything about it. The implications of the lore. The world around you. The level design. The absence of humanity. The regular sense that you're stepping foot in a place where there used to be life, just a moment ago, but now it's completely desolate and all that's left are the monsters that made it that way. It's the only reason I don't regret buying a PS4 in general (I just hardly play anything and it's often the Netflix Machine in my living room). I can't gush enough about it. It feels tailor-made for me and my interests.
    I agree on just about every point you stated minus not wanting to add more to the game's lore so you avoided the DLC. The DLC adds tremendous replayability and cool background history lore through the Old Hunters you can summon. Check out Valtr of the League to see what I mean.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 05-02-2016 at 03:35 PM.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Try to beat Maria solo. It's super easy with decent co-op, but it's a really rewarding win if you do it yourself. I liked the crazy difficulty ramp up, but the overpowered new weapons measure that out. Whirligig is ridiculous

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Try to beat Maria solo. It's super easy with decent co-op, but it's a really rewarding win if you do it yourself. I liked the crazy difficulty ramp up, but the overpowered new weapons measure that out. Whirligig is ridiculous
    I always try to do every boss solo unless I am a complete failure and have no other choice. I know she works like Gehrman and Father Gascoigne with parries and out of the entire "SoulsBorne" series, Bloodborne is the ONLY game I can 100% parry enemies about 90% the time without damage beforehand. So I should be decent!

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    @Space Suicide I have every intention of getting the DLC at some point, I'm just pretty lazy about getting around to gaming and haven't been desperate to run out of first-experiences with the game any time soon.

Also I thought everybody solos Souls games for the first time? I played DS1 with friends co-oping me through it and didn't get the hype at all, then did BB solo and totally understood why people love the games. Part of the fun for me is that helpless discovery and sense of overcoming impossible challenges.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    @Space Suicide I have every intention of getting the DLC at some point, I'm just pretty lazy about getting around to gaming and haven't been desperate to run out of first-experiences with the game any time soon.

Also I thought everybody solos Souls games for the first time? I played DS1 with friends co-oping me through it and didn't get the hype at all, then did BB solo and totally understood why people love the games. Part of the fun for me is that helpless discovery and sense of overcoming impossible challenges.
    The original post just seemed like if you got it, the game would be spoiled in some way. Maybe it was the wording.

Not necessarily. I love and enjoy solo but enjoy playing with my friend (who I've been real life friends with for 14+ years now) as well. It's a toss up. There's no wrong way to play this game or any of the game series installments.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I thought Ludwig and OoK were the hardest parts of the game for sure. Bloodborne has to be in my Top 5 games ever.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Well, still on my first playthrough, but just beat Rom with a cheeky bit of jolly co-operation, just headed into the Unseen Village and I'm like.. whoa.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I guess I'm on the section where the DLC fits, so I'm gonna get it

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Laurence the First Vicar had one hit left. I got one shotted. I'm done for the night.

Thought I'd share the rage.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I just reached maria and it's a tough, perfect souls fight. She is so fast, and hits so hard it's just downright discouraging, but the visual style and tempo of the fight are unmatched in gaming. Dlc is totally worth it. Ludwig was great, too.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    I just reached maria and it's a tough, perfect souls fight. She is so fast, and hits so hard it's just downright discouraging, but the visual style and tempo of the fight are unmatched in gaming. Dlc is totally worth it. Ludwig was great, too.
    Even though he pissed me off, Ludwig is probably my favorite boss in this game in retrospect. Not to mention his theme during his fight is amazing.

I ended up beating Laurence yesterday morning. Need to do the Research Hall and Living Failures today sometime.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    The living failures are absolutely a walk in the park... should I do Lawrence before maria and Orphan, then?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I did Lawrence after Maria, but it's really up to you.