Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast

Thread: The Xbox Thread

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Fackkkkkk, I was kind of looking forward to this one.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post

Fackkkkkk, I was kind of looking forward to this one.
    Not wanting to release on the same day as Cyberpunk 2077 is a helluva drug.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

I guess the referral game is very lucrative for him, holy cow.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Meanwhile, it's release day and there wasn't a single unit available to order from Best Buy. Most other retailers followed suit. It's going to be a pain in the ass getting one of these.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Series X runs smooooooth.

Last edited by october_midnight; 11-10-2020 at 09:17 PM.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Playing Valhalla on the series x.

This game is the best since black flag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Yeah I'm lovin' it. Also, surprisingly having a blast with EA's "Anthem". Not sure why it got so much hate, I'm diggin' it.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Yeah I'm lovin' it. Also, surprisingly having a blast with EA's "Anthem". Not sure why it got so much hate, I'm diggin' it.
    You got the updated version of it. The game was a full on mess and deserved all the hate it received when it was released lol... there was absolutely nothing to do.

Not to mention the horror stories that came out from the development team. They got worked lol.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    You got the updated version of it. The game was a full on mess and deserved all the hate it received when it was released lol... there was absolutely nothing to do.

Not to mention the horror stories that came out from the development team. They got worked lol.
    Oh that I know well about, I remember reading that article about the development nightmare...shit was bonkers. I still checked out some more recent reviews and they still bag on it, despite the updates. Oh well, I'm into it at least.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Oh that I know well about, I remember reading that article about the development nightmare...shit was bonkers. I still checked out some more recent reviews and they still bag on it, despite the updates. Oh well, I'm into it at least.
    Gotcha lol. As long as you're enjoying it, all that matters. Sucks for a game that comes out pretty much DOA and cannot gain their play base back. No Man's Sky made sort of a comeback and Fallout 76 still has a following; I can see Anthem going that route. I played the demo and I was very close to buying it, but all of my friends scrapped it lol. But man.. the flying is so much fun.

All of these types of games just remind me of Destiny at this point. Despite Destiny not being a lot of things we wanted it to be, I haven't seen the infamous "Destiny Killer" yet.
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 11-15-2020 at 03:31 PM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I haven't seen the infamous "Destiny Killer" yet.
    Destiny is it's own killer. It's a self-perpetuating joke that doesn't have a punchline. It's less a game and more an experiment in just how much abuse a player base is willing to take.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
    Destiny is it's own killer. It's a self-perpetuating joke that doesn't have a punchline. It's less a game and more an experiment in just how much abuse a player base is willing to take.
    Oh, you're right. Definitely now, yes, (And moments in the far past) but they were onto something at the end of Destiny's life cycle.

While Destiny is a lot of things (and not) I plugged about 1500 hours into the first game and was there for the vanilla days. Once they got all the bugs out, the raids were satisfying and challenging, Kings Fall was pretty incredible, hanging out with your friends was a blast, and the chase for certain exotics like the Gjallarhorn gave me and many others one of the most memorable moments in my gaming life lol. Destiny 1 held its flaws, but when I played Anthem (Aside from the Iron Man flying) it felt like a shell of what Destiny was and just did it much worse imo.

Anthem didn't even put in the effort to change the gun designs or add anything meaningful to the game before it was a baron wasteland 3 months after release (Development hell) Destiny's first two expansions weren't that great, but Bungie and Activision at the time were able to draw in millions of old and new players within the same year before, and after Kings Fall took off almost exactly a year later. But then again... Destiny had a much better road map.

I'll defend the first game (Because it was pretty good at one point) but the sequel deserves all the criticism. When I see streamers I follow that are still just mindlessly grinding for almost nothing (And bitching about it and the newest update while they play it) blows my mind. I tried to jump into it and there were so many little subtle changes, it completely turned me off... It's incredibly saturated now.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I'll admit i poured over 1300+ hours into the first Destiny myself as well, because when it was GOOD, it was really, really good. It's just a shame how much they catered to a minority of entitled nerf happy players over most everyone else.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
    I'll admit i poured over 1300+ hours into the first Destiny myself as well, because when it was GOOD, it was really, really good. It's just a shame how much they catered to a minority of entitled nerf happy players over most everyone else.
    Don't even get me started on the crucible and the constant meta changes for no reason lol... Ohh those early Hawkmoon days.

On an Xbox note, anyone able to grab the series x? First impressions?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    On an Xbox note, anyone able to grab the series x? First impressions?
    It's insanely fast. Loading into a map in Borderlands 3 takes 12-15 seconds, it takes well over a minute on PS4. I know games specifically made for next generation load pretty much instantly on both systems. The UI and general functionality seems to be pretty much identical to Xbox One. Not a bad thing I guess, didn't have to figure out how to do everything all over again.

The lack of interesting launch titles is a bummer. So far I've just been playing the same games I've been playing for years, only faster.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdrcraig View Post
    It's insanely fast. Loading into a map in Borderlands 3 takes 12-15 seconds, it takes well over a minute on PS4. I know games specifically made for next generation load pretty much instantly on both systems. The UI and general functionality seems to be pretty much identical to Xbox One. Not a bad thing I guess, didn't have to figure out how to do everything all over again.

The lack of interesting launch titles is a bummer. So far I've just been playing the same games I've been playing for years, only faster.
    The load times seem to shine, yes from what I've been hearing. I was messing around on the PS5 on how instant it was this time around and it is there, but it is nice that you can jump from multiple games instantly on the Series X. Not necessarily a feature I need, but it's nice to have.

Yea... The games are abysmal. I feel bad for fans that were expecting Halo Infinite or a few other titles.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    there's always...ps2 games?

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    In my experience on both consoles there are still noticable load times. Xbox has big advantages in the familiarity of it's interface, backwards compatibility, and the extra horse power means you aren't always choosing between resolution and frame rate. You stin kind of make that choice, but in my experience the resolution option can keep the frames at least somewhere above 30

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    there's always...ps2 games?

Not just PS2 games, I think the X/S can handle everything up to PS2, which is awesome. Maybe even RPSC3 or whatever if it gets ported to Retroarch.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    ...and there you go Sony, the Xbox has better PS Backwards Compatibility than your new impossible-to-get thing.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    At this point... What is the reason to own an Xbox besides wanting to play Playstation games on its backwards compat? Ffs... They really want their consumers to buy gamepass, but this isn't the way.

$120.00 a year to play F2P games if you're not grandfathered in.
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 01-22-2021 at 03:01 PM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Honestly I don’t know... if it’s backwards compatible that’s all I care about... there’s nothing coming out for this I can’t get elsewhere

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Fuck me. New Xbox All Access program allowed me to buy a console and 24 months of Ultimate Games Pass today. Should get a console next Friday.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Fuck me. New Xbox All Access program allowed me to buy a console and 24 months of Ultimate Games Pass today. Should get a console next Friday.
    I really like how Microsoft has treated their customers within the past few years...I think All-access is a great idea for families to afford it a little easier.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    I really like how Microsoft has treated their customers within the past few years...I think All-access is a great idea for families to afford it a little easier.
    Xbox One and the Kinetc fiasco I think humbled them. I find Microsoft vastly more user friendly and less pompous than Sony in the past decade.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

wow, those look nice.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I just realized that Octopath Traveler was only Switch and PC, so I did the game pass thingy. The transaction was so simple, and realized I haven't seen my Xbox avatar in some time.The fact that I could grab this and not pay 60 bucks for it was kinda nice. Now only if Playstation...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I just realized that Octopath Traveler was only Switch and PC, so I did the game pass thingy. The transaction was so simple, and realized I haven't seen my Xbox avatar in some time.The fact that I could grab this and not pay 60 bucks for it was kinda nice. Now only if Playstation...
    It is nice, plus you have EA Play included too. It's a hell of a deal.