Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread: The Xbox Thread

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theburningreptile View Post
    Sorry if this is a dumb question, but, can you play an xbox live gold game even when it's not advertised as gold? Or do you have to buy I afterwards? I have an xbox one game on my console that I want to play. It's ready to install, it was for gold but I never got around to playing it.
    If you don't have Live and you got it with Games with Gold then you won't be able to play it until you get a new subscription.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    What are everyone's thoughts on the whole "blending" of PC and Xbox to be one ecosystem? Obviously some level of that has already been going on but it seems like they want to do a lot more with it.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    What are everyone's thoughts on the whole "blending" of PC and Xbox to be one ecosystem? Obviously some level of that has already been going on but it seems like they want to do a lot more with it.
    I preferred the old Xbox One home dashboard (controversial I know) so I'm not entirely sold on the integration thing just yet. I just hope it make sit so cross platform play happens as a reality for a lot of Xbox exclusives.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Xbox live isn't working for me, neither is the keyboard. Anyone else having this problem?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    So after beating the first part, watching the first episode and boggling down on gameplay I really, REALLY recommend anyone who owns an Xbox One to buy Quantum Break. It's an exceptional game with a lot of heart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Still haven't got an X1 yet...i'm always playing my 360 :P would love to upgrade soon

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Is anyone having trouble with the DCU: Online? I make my character then I get to pick a name and my whole xbox locks up on me. I wonder if there is a way to fix it? I've made my character 4 times now and have gotten all the way to the name select point.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    E3 briefing started. Started with the new Xbox One slim, starting at $299, looks like it'll be time to upgrade in a few months. Gears 4 co-op on now. Looks great. BRING ON BIOSHOCK REMASTERED, DAMMIT.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Coming in the summer and fall:

- Xbox Clubs (basically chat rooms and forums on the dashboard)
    - Play your own music during games as background music
    - Xbox Arena - official online tournaments with prizes, etc
    - Xbox Looking For Group - self-explanatory

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Coming in the summer and fall:

- Xbox Clubs (basically chat rooms and forums on the dashboard)
    - Play your own music during games as background music
    - Xbox Arena - official online tournaments with prizes, etc
    - Xbox Looking For Group - self-explanatory
    I think every one of those are great additions, even though I won't change the music.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    We Happy Few coming to XB1 first, yuusssssssssssss. Played a bit of the alpha through a friend and it's very creepy...pumped. Also, a new Cuphead trailer (though no date yet though...)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Wasn't a huge fan of Halo Wars plus I sucked at it. Halo Wars 2 trailer was good so I'll try the beta and give it another go. Free so why not?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    So the big news drop at the end....Project Scorpio comes out Christmas 2017. Officially the next Xbox console. Compatible with all games, but will be the most powerful console ever. 6 terraflops of power, games in 4k, VR compatible (so you'll be able to play The Division, or CoD, or Fallout 4 in VR). Looks like I'll just pass on the new slim and just get that instead.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    We Happy Few coming to XB1 first, yuusssssssssssss. Played a bit of the alpha through a friend and it's very creepy...pumped. Also, a new Cuphead trailer (though no date yet though...)

I was originally really interested in playing this game. I love the art style, the whole 40's throwback to early animation and music... but I've gotta be honest, that was really a let down. The gameplay looks really repetitious and clunky. Maybe it's an early build that needs some refinement, but it seems like they put all of their eggs in the design department and didn't secure much in the way of gameplay.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Nah I feel you. Since it's an independent title though, it'd better be like $9.99 tops haha.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    So the big news drop at the end....Project Scorpio comes out Christmas 2017. Officially the next Xbox console. Compatible with all games, but will be the most powerful console ever. 6 terraflops of power, games in 4k, VR compatible (so you'll be able to play The Division, or CoD, or Fallout 4 in VR). Looks like I'll just pass on the new slim and just get that instead.
    Thats what im doing. Not buying it day one though. Gonna hold off and see how it performs before I cough up anymore money.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Fuck it, just preordered 7 fuckin' new games hahaha...that was a quick $627 lmao.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I have to say. as an idiot who bought the xbox one day one and dropped some good dough on games and accessories. I am really not feeling the love xbox is giving its fans. To try and close the gap with sony, they pretty much said FUCK YOU to those who bought their system with the bundled kinect. Now all these updates are leaving the kinect behinf, and now my system is obsolete.

Now I am doubting even going for the scorpio and just give consoles the finger and build a pc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have an Xbox elite and I no longer feel special. haha. I was a little bit disappointed in Xbox's offerings as far as exclusives go. I was really excited for Scalebound and idk now that the protagonist comes off as a huge douche.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    My body is ready, but my wallet is not.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theburningreptile View Post
    My body is ready, but my wallet is not.
    I'll be getting Mega Man Collection and MAYBE DOOM. Not sure. On the cusp of it.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 07-05-2016 at 07:53 PM. Reason: who is Megan Man?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Pretty lackluster sale. Oh well, I still haven't started Quantum Break so there's that.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Agreed,compared to the steam sale these really are not much of a deal and does not make me wanna buy.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I bought DOOM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I changed my gamertag from spaceSuicide to Limerent Death so there's your disclaimer everyone if I'm on your friends.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    So, Xbox One X for $499. Nov 7th... ~30 games or so (i.e. FFXV, Gears 4, etc) will get free 4K upgrades. Only $599 CDN so i'm definitely down day one. Time to get a bigger 4K TV too if the wife will let me lol. 55" ain't cuttin' it for a console this beastly.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Price isn't as bad as I thought it'd be. Still gonna hold off on getting one though.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I'm so tempted to get one on Day One (because it's my birthday as well) but damn, the issues first gen and especially first roll out consoles have kinda make me wanna wait and see what the bugs are and get them ironed out first before I go making the investment.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I want one, but I won't get one. Here's why.

1.) the price. I paid 499 for my now obsolete day one Xbox. I'm going to wait till the holiday price drop next year or the one after that.

2.) once I bite the bullet after the price drop, they will announce the next gen Xbox. So again, I'm fucked.

I'm building a pc and will be gaming mostly on that. But it's nice to have a console as I love video games. But part of me feels like if I buy this , I'm fuckin myself in the end.