Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 LastLast

Thread: The Xbox Thread

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    It is nice, plus you have EA Play included too. It's a hell of a deal.
    I don't intend to really use EA Play, but it is nice that the option is there for sure. Plus, this game fucking rocks. It is such a callback to older RPG's I grew up with.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

wtf

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Holy fuck was the Xbox Bethesda showcase money. Jeeeesus.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I find it hilarious that the fridge will glow more than the actual console does.

Replaced is the only game I'm very interested in. The lack of gameplay showcased for these games was a bit of a let down. Glad to see that Xbox is finally getting better with the game aspect, because it has been dry since September 2019.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Hellblade II is not even in full production yet. Yea, Unreal 5 is what they are aiming for, but ffs... That announcement in 2019 made it feel much closer. I don't expect squat until at least 2023. What a disappointment .

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Finally cloud gaming coming to console before Christmas. No need to install, play immediately, full cross play, XB1 consoles will be able to play 9th gen only titles too.

Now to see if they can avoid the issues stadia had...

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    I still have my XBOX 360 - was using it more for streaming stuff and playing DVDs/CDs, but the hubby finally purchased a Roku. Is it any worth keeping or selling?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    I still have my XBOX 360 - was using it more for streaming stuff and playing DVDs/CDs, but the hubby finally purchased a Roku. Is it any worth keeping or selling?
    If you don’t play video games there’s no reason to keep it anymore but be sure to check out what apps are on the Xbox Live Marketplace and if they are in the Roku (they all should be).

You wouldn’t get much for the console these days, it’s two generations outdated and unless you got a Slim I would wager most wouldn’t touch it.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Thanks @Space Suicide - makes sense. I'll hold on to it for now.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Well, this just happened.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Total noob question here:

My friend bought me an Xbox One and a year of Gamepass some time ago.
    I'm fairly certain it has run out.

What do I need to do/buy to get another year?

I didn't play it THAT much, but I did have a lot of fun with several games, and think that it's an amazing service.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    Well, this just happened.

My head is spinning after this news dropped.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Total noob question here:
    https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-game-pass#join

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    Goddamn.

So it's more expensive with fewer games, now? I think i.got a year, including EA, for like...I think they paid $60 or $70?

And there were a whole hell of a lot more than 100 games.

Based on the (small) number of games I played last year, I think I'd probably be better off buying used physical copies.
    Last edited by elevenism; 01-19-2022 at 10:31 AM.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Apparently there's a way you can get a lot of mileage out of GamePass for a lot cheaper than how it would add up regularly.

You have to get three 12-month Xbox Live Gold vouchers which are $60 a pop in the U.S.? Redeem them all, the years will stack.

Then supposedly you can convert your XLG to Gamepass Ultimate by joining to get the first month for $1 and it will honour the XLG time you already paid for, you won't get charged until after your three years runs out or at all if you left off recurring billing.

This supposedly saves a hell of a lot of money somehow.

I have no experience doing this or if it's even true but just something i saw floating around, apparently this has been possible since like 2019?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Can someone with more knowledge and insight into the world of gaming tell me if I should be worried about the StarCraft, Warcraft and Call of Duty franchises becoming Xbox exclusives now that Microsoft owns them?

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    At this point I'd think you'd have to worry about COD more than the others as they are primarily PC games vs. COD's console versions.

And even then this is more of a "hey maybe you should put gamepass on your ecosystem" jab at Sony. Honestly if there were ever a one-console-future it would be the one where MS keeps buying companies as big as this.

Nintendo, however:

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    Apparently there's a way you can get a lot of mileage out of GamePass for a lot cheaper than how it would add up regularly.

You have to get three 12-month Xbox Live Gold vouchers which are $60 a pop in the U.S.? Redeem them all, the years will stack.

Then supposedly you can convert your XLG to Gamepass Ultimate by joining to get the first month for $1 and it will honour the XLG time you already paid for, you won't get charged until after your three years runs out or at all if you left off recurring billing.

This supposedly saves a hell of a lot of money somehow.

I have no experience doing this or if it's even true but just something i saw floating around, apparently this has been possible since like 2019?
    I'll definitely look into this.

But I think a bunch of shit has changed. What my friends got me for $60 is now $120.

And, as you know, I'm a retro gamer at heart- also, i'm someone who MISSED a shit load of games.
    So I now have every Wii and GameCube game, and, with the RP2 plus, access to everything up to and including PSP and Dreamcast on a handheld.

$60 (which my friends paid) was cool for the year I had Xbox Live Gold or whatever: I played the Telltale Walking Dead games, and some Tekken 7, and NBA2K21.
    Aside from that, I played (and didn't finish) Bloodstained, Blair Witch, and Hollow Knight.
    I'd like to play Red Dead 2.

I bought GTA V and have barely played it. I bought Tekken.

So like, at this point, like, OK: I bought Bloodstained for $8.99 but there was a EA hockey game in the box instead (edit: I'll mail you that one if you want it @thelastdisciple .)
    I figure the rest of the Xbox One games I wanna play would be pretty cheap, too.

I've also got a PS2 and a PS3 with stacks of games.

Ultimately, I've got at LEAST 12,000 games on hand, 1000 of which I MUST finish before I die, with another 1500-2000 that I'd LOVE to finish.

Basically, I just can't justify spending $120 for gamepass. I can't even justify my friends buying it for me.
    I certainly got $60 of fun from it last year, but not $120.
    Last edited by elevenism; 01-19-2022 at 05:03 PM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Can someone with more knowledge and insight into the world of gaming tell me if I should be worried about the StarCraft, Warcraft and Call of Duty franchises becoming Xbox exclusives now that Microsoft owns them?
    Contracts that Sony has will likely be upheld, but there is no guarantee that COD will stay in multi. Starcraft and Warcraft like Alle said are mainly PC games anyway, but in my opinion, COD can continue to put out garbage every year so Xbox can have them honestly.

If you can't create, I guess just buy up every single studio instead. I mean, Sony did this years ago with other studios, but it wasn't at the forefront of gaming news back then since Xbox wasn't even a thing yet, and Nintendo was and is still dominating to the beat of its own drum. But people saying that "Sony is finished" seem to forget that the studios they have under their belt now still pump out multiple game of the year contenders, along with fresh new IP's. To me, Xbox just has popular names that are dying off to begin with. Hopefully they can make games like COD, Diablo, Overwatch feel fresh again. I'm still dying to see what they do with Starfield and a few other upcoming titles they have.

Xbox had to do something to gain traction, but I didn't see this coming. There is a reason why Xbox hadn't received a GOTY award for any of their games unless it is multiplat. Seems like more of a desperate move in my eyes.

Out of all of this news, the fact that Ubisoft+ will be a thing just makes me want to puke.
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 01-20-2022 at 11:27 AM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    there's also the whole 'how many MS games have actually released for the Xbox since release' problem. They can't get anything going so this is the best way to jump-start that.

I mean look at their past 'hits':

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    there's also the whole 'how many MS games have actually released for the Xbox since release' problem. They can't get anything going so this is the best way to jump-start that.

I mean look at their past 'hits':

Damn, that cover art though! Halo was pretty much the only game that was ever in my friends Xbox consoles way back when, but there were definitely some hidden gems on that console. I almost grabbed a Series X last week, but my car was more important for obvious reasons lol.

I did notice that Gamepass creates this weird SSD storage file on my desktop that made it not only slow down significantly, but made my computer freeze on numerous occasions. Gamepass was definitely the source after poking around, so console is the next step.

Like I said above, I don't go near COD games anymore, but I do jump in from time to time with whatever title I do own and play multiplayer. I feel bad for the gamers that play COD a lot and may have to be forced to buy an Xbox just to play it. Especially with PC hardware being at an all time high, it can definitely be detrimental to a lot of gamers.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I will say Microsoft have done a fantastic job of treating their customers well with the Xbox and Gamepass. Sony still rules when it comes to single player experiences though, and Halo Infinite has been disappointing to me as far as Xbox exclusives go. I could never get into GoW 5 either.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I mean that makes all the sense in the world because Microsoft doesn’t take over until 2023. So, no duh Jason! lol

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

oh my lord, what have they done.