Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: The Xbox Thread

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Can you reserve the console today?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I see the feminists are on this like flies on shit....

OMG NO FEMALE CHARACTERS!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post

When we get female characters we have tits and ass and that is unacceptable. CANNOT WIN!

Looking over it now, despite my initial discontent, I think I very well might set a goal to get the Xbox One on launch of the month after if I can.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    That was fast. For weeks all ive seen is hate for this thing and in just two simple hours people are down to buy one? Although Space and October always seemed open to it, I guess. Patiently waiting for Sony's word on the more controversial end of things.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Because people are quick to judge. I have been on board since they announced it because it seemed like a cool system.

Can't wait to hear more about Xbox live.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Re: The Xbox Thread

Wonder how xbox live will work as well. Are they going to continue the free games after launch for gold members? Seems like they're teasing the idea of PlayStation plus.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare looks amaaaaazing. Third person co-op shooter based on PvZ? Yes please.

Gameplay video.
    Last edited by october_midnight; 06-10-2013 at 03:20 PM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Because people are quick to judge. I have been on board since they announced it because it seemed like a cool system.

Can't wait to hear more about Xbox live.

I really dislike a lot of what Xbox One is doing but why on earth is everyone putting that PS4 on the pedastal it doesn't deserve? Both systems had their pros and cons and will continue to do so in the next generation.

I'm more inclined about the Xbox One over the PS4. I own 360 and PS3 so I'm not a blind fanboy who bashes and praises one over another.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Sony hasn't even taken the stage yet... I'm judging based on launch titles at this point. Sony has them beat on that imo. I think by the time Halo comes out, I'll cave and buy one. But in all honesty, they're not so different from one another, aside from exclusives.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Sony hasn't even taken the stage yet... I'm judging based on launch titles at this point. Sony has them beat on that imo. I think by the time Halo comes out, I'll cave and buy one. But in all honesty, they're not so different from one another, aside from exclusives.
    Basically all it comes down to. I look at articles and such everywhere and all I see is bashing of Xbox One and the praise for PS4. Not even over the titles, just stupid ass shit. Every comment I read is illiterate, ignorant, whiny or just plain dumb. The resounding hatred for Xbox One I don't get. I was thrown off by the initial announcement, overhype of entertainment crap and some practices they are going to put into effect but I never truly despised it or wrote it off. These people are writing it off immediately for no reason because they think that PS4 is going to be any different. I guarantee everything Xbox One is doing will be along the same lines with what PS4 will enact.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    To be honest, some of us here including my self will own both.

This sensless internet bitch fest has gotten so annoying since the consoles have been revealed.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    These people are writing it off immediately for no reason because they think that PS4 is going to be any different. I guarantee everything Xbox One is doing will be along the same lines with what PS4 will enact.
    If Sony comes out and basically says that they're doing all the same stuff that people are bashing Microsoft for doing, they are THE stupidest company in the world.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    If Sony confirms that they're doing the same thing, then I'll be one of the first people to shun the PS4, too. But so far, there's no real evidence to say they'll go one way or the other, so as it stands right now, the PS4 is looking better in just about every way to me. Isn't the Playstation conference tonight anyway? We'll know by then. Just a matter of time.

I can see myself picking up one of the new 360s, though. Maybe I'll just have a 360 and PS3 for a while, pick up the PS4 next holiday, and then maaaybe the Xbox One after a couple years, if it's proven it's worth the money by then.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Just got back from puttin' $50 down on an Xbox One...had to bite the bullet lol.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Is $50 the minimum you can throw in?

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Just got back from puttin' $50 down on an Xbox One...had to bite the bullet lol.
    Wait, where? The GameStop near me wanted 100 so I have to wait till Friday.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    When we get female characters we have tits and ass and that is unacceptable. CANNOT WIN!
    Someone should make a game that sexualizes men, and then make the females badass just to shut up these tumblr "feminist" imbeciles.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Wait, where? The GameStop near me wanted 100 so I have to wait till Friday.
    BestBuy. The EB near me (Canadian side of GameStop) told me they were 'only getting 50 consoles in at launch' and that I had to be there when the store opened tomorrow as today after the conference there was an influx of people going in to ask the same thing. Screw that, went to BestBuy, they had a big display with cards, grab one, take it to the counter and pay. Easy. I didn't know EB/GS wanted $100 either, so maybe it's a good thing haha.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    no display for ps4?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    If Sony confirms that they're doing the same thing, then I'll be one of the first people to shun the PS4, too. But so far, there's no real evidence to say they'll go one way or the other, so as it stands right now, the PS4 is looking better in just about every way to me. Isn't the Playstation conference tonight anyway? We'll know by then. Just a matter of time.

I can see myself picking up one of the new 360s, though. Maybe I'll just have a 360 and PS3 for a while, pick up the PS4 next holiday, and then maaaybe the Xbox One after a couple years, if it's proven it's worth the money by then.
    To be fair, though, Microsoft made it seem like it was more of a Publisher/Developer thing that Microsoft. Also, I think PS4 will have DRM as well. What i'm curious about (if they indeed do it) is whether or not they'll go the same route as Microsoft. The whole, "check in, or lock out" thing is a jab to some people, and a bit over the top and excessive. So, if Sony does DRM as well, will they go the same route, or will they actually try to compromise with the consumers instead of the whole "tough shit" mentality we're getting from Microsoft.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    no display for ps4?
    Yep it was there, same deposit amount required.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/...ne-launch-game

Was pretty jealous that KI is X1 exclusive. Then got really jelly when I read that it's FREE (wait for it) on X1.

By free, they mean that you get ONE CHARACTER or free. The other characters? You gotta buy em.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nemesiswontdie View Post
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/...ne-launch-game

Was pretty jealous that KI is X1 exclusive. Then got really jelly when I read that it's FREE (wait for it) on X1.

By free, they mean that you get ONE CHARACTER or free. The other characters? You gotta buy em.
    ...and then I looked into it further, and found that the original studio and team have nothing to do with the new Killer Instinct game, and that instead it's been handed over to Double Helix Games, creators of stuff like Battleship: The Movie The Game

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I'll probably be going PS4 based on price alone (it was the deciding factor for me going 360 this generation).

It's a pretty valid complaint. The rabid misogynist, anti-feminist backlash has made me extremely reluctant to call myself a "gamer" nowadays. I actually find it hilarious that so many people are whining abot games being subjected to the same critical analysis and discussion in terms of gender, race, etc that films, books and music have for decades yet want games to be considered an "artform". Can't have it both ways, aresholes.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xmd 5a View Post
    I'll probably be going PS4 based on price alone (it was the deciding factor for me going 360 this generation).

It's a pretty valid complaint. The rabid misogynist, anti-feminist backlash has made me extremely reluctant to call myself a "gamer" nowadays. I actually find it hilarious that so many people are whining abot games being subjected to the same critical analysis and discussion in terms of gender, race, etc that films, books and music have for decades yet want games to be considered an "artform". Can't have it both ways, aresholes.
    Totally agree. It's pretty hard to be told that a lot of what you enjoy is massively biased to one gender, and that this is wrong, but the entitled, crumb spitting response is completely ridiculous and at times.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I just find the instant knee-jerk complaints from all sides completely annoying valid or not whether it's ageist, sexist, mothers against violence or whatever the fuck it is I'm tired of hearing about it

It's like can nothing be sacred just for one day? leave your logic at the door for a minute. I know I'm not innocent either in this regard but seems like a hard thing to ask, a fantasy basically. Everyone is going to bitch about something that's just how we're programmed.... hell I'm bitching about the bitching.

At least there's a new Mirror's Edge coming.
    Last edited by thelastdisciple; 06-11-2013 at 08:02 AM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    It's like can nothing be sacred just for one day? leave your logic at the door for a minute.
    It's odd that you imply that we should not take this serious, or speak up about it (the sexism, price issues, DRM issues), yet, also use the term "sacred." Uh, yesterday was basically a day of marketplace competition, played out before our eyes; you know, two major companies rolling out their respective products? So, yeah, people are going to compare, scrutinize, make their voices heard and point out flaws. Regardless of which side one is on, to bury your head in the sand (though your right) does not mean others can't judge both companies and make their concerns known. As for "knee-jerk complaints," many of the flaws regarding DRM issues and price were issues about which we have been hearing over the last few months. So, people had already decided they did not want the DRM restrictions and even petitioned the respective companies, voicing their concerns. Microsoft chose to ignore it, and consumers are letting them hear about it (as they should).

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruined View Post
    Uh, yesterday was basically a day of marketplace competition, played out before our eyes; you know, two major companies rolling out their respective products? So, yeah, people are going to compare, scrutinize, make their voices heard and point out flaws.
    No fucking kidding, i can't believe i didn't think of this before...... did i not just say it would be fantasy otherwise?

Quote Originally Posted by Ruined View Post
    It's odd that you imply that we should not take this serious, or speak up about it (the sexism, price issues, DRM issues), yet, also use the term "sacred."
    Also there's this saying: let sleeping dogs lie.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    There's also a term, "discussion thread." So, what, we have a thread and don't actually post our respective thoughts? You criticize others for voicing their opinion and then basically, exclaim, "Silence! I have spoken!" So anyway, the general consensus (from consumers and analysts) is that the Xbox One has an uphill battle (with its pricing and DRM issues). I'm sure Xbox users will remain Xbox users and PS users will remain PS users; however, the neutral will either stay PC gamers or lean toward the PS4 based on price, used games, etc.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    No fucking kidding, i can't believe i didn't think of this before...... did i not just say it would be fantasy otherwise?

i think these dogs are awake and barking at each other...

and if we don't speak out on what we think is right and wrong around big issues such as gender, equality etc and ask the difficult questions, then we are never going to address them.