Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast

Thread: The Xbox Thread

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    That's absolutely hilarious...their product naming is such shit.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    That's absolutely hilarious...their product naming is such shit.
    Its convoluted but being in a rush and not researching your purchase is on the consumer not the product.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Wink I speak fluent sarcasm.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Its convoluted but being in a rush and not researching your purchase is on the consumer not the product.
    Absolutely true, but my point still stands

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I guess I should look into whether or not my multiple Xbox One controllers will work for the Series X so I don't have to buy any more...they should. I hope.

edit: nvm, they do lol.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I can't find the post, but there was literally buying options on Microsoft's store showing "Xbox One" under the description for the new Xbox. It's on both lol...

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    I can't find the post, but there was literally buying options on Microsoft's store showing "Xbox One" under the description for the new Xbox. It's on both lol...
    Like I said earlier.....rushed.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    It could easily have happened to me. In those situations you are drunk on urgency. I forgot to set my alarm and it was all of three hours later. I'm fucking mashing the preorder buttons on 4 or 5 sites. I almost didn't even noticed when it actually made it to my cart, from the homogeny of staring at that shit for 40 minutes. The names are dumb. In conversation I keep calling it the One X

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    $220.00... OOF.

To add, I expected a high price, but this thing cost almost as much as the Series S alone. Branded PS5 expanded memory will probably be similar, but dam, already miss the days where a memory card was 20 bucks.
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 09-24-2020 at 10:13 AM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Last edited by allegate; 09-24-2020 at 10:47 AM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Hahahaha with the conversion that shit'd run me like $299cdn. The Series X comes with a 1TB HD as it is, and with as bonkers as my life is, I usually play only 1-2 games at a time max so should be good.

But yeah, sheesh that's steep.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post

I love Brian Altanos posts.

Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight
    Hahahaha with the conversion that shit'd run me like $299cdn. The Series X comes with a 1TB HD as it is, and with as bonkers as my life is, I usually play only 1-2 games at a time max so should be good.

But yeah, sheesh that's steep.
    A ton of people just saying "Now console players understand what it is like to be a PC gamer." Like that validates it. Making this type of media more mainstream makes sense for the hardware these consoles are putting out and they do need to make some sort of money, but for a time where tons of people are struggling, you think they would work with us a little bit.

Of course people can just do the delete and install other games thing, but the fact that we still have to do that to save money is a bit ridiculous.
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 09-24-2020 at 12:36 PM.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    This kinda smack's of when Sony made the expendable memory on the Vita STUPIDLY expensive and the ONLY method to upgrade the memory...

And this will be a major issue for S owners as it's on digital, and to make it worse games WILL get bigger. For reference Call of Duty Warzone (not Modern Warfare, juts the battle royal) currently takes 120gb, with MW its over 200gb...thats close to half the series S's BASE MEMORY...ONE ONE GAME! Hell even Doom 2016 is 80gb! With games getting higher textures we could start seeing games like the next GTA hitting 200-300gb!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    This kinda smack's of when Sony made the expendable memory on the Vita STUPIDLY expensive and the ONLY method to upgrade the memory...

And this will be a major issue for S owners as it's on digital, and to make it worse games WILL get bigger. For reference Call of Duty Warzone (not Modern Warfare, juts the battle royal) currently takes 120gb, with MW its over 200gb...thats close to half the series S's BASE MEMORY...ONE ONE GAME! Hell even Doom 2016 is 80gb! With games getting higher textures we could start seeing games like the next GTA hitting 200-300gb!
    Then, if you want to switch games, you'll have to redownload whatever you want...which eats up at most people's data cap.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    Then, if you want to switch games, you'll have to redownload whatever you want...which eats up at most people's data cap.
    That's something i didn't take into consideration, as in the UK most suppliers have unlimited data, it's just a case of it taking a few hours to re-download. It's not a great situation all round for the states!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    That's something i didn't take into consideration, as in the UK most suppliers have unlimited data, it's just a case of it taking a few hours to re-download. It's not a great situation all round for the states!
    Yeah it really depends on ISPs here. Usually the cable monopolies do a cap and the fiber companies don't have one.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Here's a solution for big textures:

:-) (see also: demoscene, 4k...)

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    wait... you have a ISP plan that has a "data cap?" I've never even heard of this...

So after you download a certain amount of whatever, then what happens? You just can't download anything else for a month?!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Holy crap at the data dump from the Xbox embargo expiring.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    wait... you have a ISP plan that has a "data cap?" I've never even heard of this...

So after you download a certain amount of whatever, then what happens? You just can't download anything else for a month?!
    No, you get charged every 50GB...mine is like $10 per 50GB used after cap. Cap is set at 1.2TB right now.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    wow... I didn't know this was a thing. All the plans here are unlimited. I don't think I've even been offered a capped plan

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Holy crap at the data dump from the Xbox embargo expiring.

All those next gen games look like they're going to load fast!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Digital Foundry:
    Xbox Series X Backwards Compatibility Tested - And The Performance Is Extreme

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    This is a great (and shorter) video about the actual console itself, controller, storage space (spoiler: you only get 802GB of the 1TB), etc.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

The Xbox Thread

Best Buy has some pre-orders available right now, I just snagged a Series X. Act fast, I doubt they have many.
    Last edited by kdrcraig; 10-21-2020 at 12:31 PM.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    This is a great (and shorter) video about the actual console itself, controller, storage space (spoiler: you only get 802GB of the 1TB), etc.

Why is the OS, etc., 129 GB?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Yeeeeeeeeeesh.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    You beat me to it. This is treading into Anthem territory with the development hell this game is going through. I'm extremely curious what went on behind the scenes.

But imagine having your system seller graphic all over your new consoles box and news like this just keeps pouring out... Yikes.
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 10-28-2020 at 12:11 PM.