Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast

Thread: The Xbox Thread

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    that release comment is confusing. So, in other words, if you're playing old games on an X, it'll look better than on the S. Right? If so, why can't they just say it like that.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    that release comment is confusing. So, in other words, if you're playing old games on an X, it'll look better than on the S. Right? If so, why can't they just say it like that.

I still have to stop and think for a second when talking about the X, the S AND the One/360 and the V? Was that just a rumor?

Also, would like to know what I should look forward to playing on these consoles before they are released in... 2 months.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    V? I've only heard two consoles for both manufacturers, not a third.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    V? I've only heard two consoles for both manufacturers, not a third.
    Rumor popped up like 4 days ago. Supposed to be less powerful than the X, but more than the S and all digital.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    This marketing campaign is confusing af

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    huh, interesting.
    I'm not expecting it, but honestly who knows at this point. Tomorrow should be interesting for Sony's event.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I almost want there to be another "five hundred ninety nine dollars!" like the PS3 reveal, just because.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I almost want there to be another "five hundred ninety nine dollars!" like the PS3 reveal, just because.
    Hahaa, oh those were the days. I shit my pants, I thought it was a joke.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Buddy I have that works for BestBuy confirmed that with conversion from USD, the Xbox Series X is gonna run me $629.99 plus tax, which brings it to about $705, sigh. Sitting on about $560 worth of gift cards, but was hoping that after selling my Xbox One X, I'd take that money to score a few games...looks like that's just to pay the damn thing off fml.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Microsoft acquires Bethesda for 7.5 billion and dam is it already making players mad lol.

This doesn't necessarily mean that we will see all Bethesda games on Xbox and PC. Phil Spencer stated they will make games on a case by case basis, so expect some of those games to be exclusive at some point to those platforms. Doesn't matter, if Doom comes back to PC, I'll be playing it on that anyway.

Edit... I just realized my PC rig is outdated and probably won't be able to run any new games on it.... Fuck me.
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 09-21-2020 at 05:35 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Preorders start tomorrow! (hopefully less of a mess)

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Arrived at my local GameStop at 6 am. Only one other person. Line slowly grew to 8 people. Manager comes outs around 945 am and say that they only had 4 series x and 2 series s.

Happy I got mine, but I felt really bad for those who actually took the time to come out in person.

I felt like it was 2013 all over again. We were all engaging in conversations, shooting the shit. You can’t beat that experience. Was awesome. Hope you guys and gals get a console in today.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I recall reading a few posts about how weird it was for MS to announce the Bethesda thing on a Monday morning. I mean, if you're going to do it then shouldn't the day before your pre-orders open up be the best day for it? hype and then pre-order.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Pre-orders are a mess with Xbox as well... What a surprise!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    Pre-orders are a mess with Xbox as well... What a surprise!
    I know these companies love their precious holiday buyers to pad their profits for the year in Q4 but with covid, lack of money, lack of actual consoles available and idiotic release management both of these companies should have just cancelled and rescheduled for a Spring 2021 release for these.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I know these companies love their precious holiday buyers to pad their profits for the year in Q4 but with covid, lack of money, lack of actual consoles available and idiotic release management both of these companies should have just cancelled and rescheduled for a Spring 2021 release for these.
    This... Instead of trying to shit out these consoles during a year where people are underfunded and things are absolutely bonkers, they probably said "Fuck it, people will buy anyway." and if that was the case the they were absolutely right lol.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    What a bitch it was to secure a Series X but finally got through the BestBuy.ca site (after it shit the bed for like two hours).

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    the more I think about it, the more disgusting Microsoft's desperate purchase here is. Good business move, you'll do well, but fuck you.

MS has done NOTHING here, outside of make themselves a real "player" again. Fuck you and your money. I wanna play Fallout on my PSWHATEVER, and fuck you. I actually WAS going to buy an XBOX for backwards compatibility and now, y'know what, fuck you.
    I'm not buying an Xbox BECAUSE of this. Maybe I'll buy a PC. But fuck you guys.

Can ANYONE give me a good reason why I should buy an Xbox instead of a dedicated gaming PC that costs the same price?
    Last edited by Jinsai; 09-22-2020 at 02:07 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I like sitting on my couch when I game.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    the more I think about it, the more disgusting Microsoft's desperate purchase here is. Good business move, you'll do well, but fuck you.

MS has done NOTHING here, outside of make themselves a real "player" again. Fuck you and your money. I wanna play Fallout on my PSWHATEVER, and fuck you. I actually WAS going to buy an XBOX for backwards compatibility and now, y'know what, fuck you.
    I'm not buying an Xbox BECAUSE of this. Maybe I'll buy a PC. But fuck you guys.

Can ANYONE give me a good reason why I should buy an Xbox instead of a dedicated gaming PC that costs the same price?
    No, that's why I'm not buying one and enjoying everything on the PC. Shield is used for TV to PC.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    I like sitting on my couch when I game.
    But you could completely allocate a Desktop computer, set up wireless controllers... an Xbox is just a PC at this point. How is it in ANY WAY different besides the boot-up process? At this point, I honestly have NO IDEA why I would get an Xbox over a PC.

Which is the END POINT that Microsoft has been pushing us towards since they fucked up console gaming. Seems like their end plan was "everyone should play games on a windows PC"
    At this point, SERIOUSLY, why should I buy an XBOX instead of a windows PC? Is the ONLY incentive at this point that it's "moderately easier to initially set up?"
    Last edited by Jinsai; 09-22-2020 at 02:34 PM.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Bethesda acquisition definitely a great business move.

All that said a lot of ethesda's flagship franchises are bad now. Skyrim came out in 2011... It hasn't aged well. While the souls series remains just as playable and endlessly influential, Skyrim has not Heald up. I just tried to play it like a month ago.

I've never been into fallout, but fallout 4 doesn't really mechanically advance or update the elder scrolls/fall out schtick. Same engine, same physics, same garbage ai. Better graphics. Even the second wolfenstein game didn't really live up to its first. Same with dishonored.

It's not even that some of these are bad games, it's that they've failed to keep up with contemporary sensibilities and keep up in a modern way. In fact vethesda's involvement remains my only skepticism on Deathloop.

The one thing they do have? Doom. Doom is written in as a competitor to Halo though. I'd debate it *is* better than Halo right now. And I guess it fits Microsoft's brand but we have a lot of homegeny between Halo, Doom, Gears, and Crackdown (which, fight me, is the best Microsoft exclusive series)

Nonetheless it's been a slow boil so many still love and respect bethesda

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Skyrim actually sucks. I would love to hear someone try to explain whatever the "main story" was to that game without laughing.

"and then, you go to this cliff top to learn about dragon shouting..."

OMG fuck off. The story to Skyrim is THE WORST fantasy fiction I've ever had to slog through
    Though really it's why most western RPG games suck. There's no real story, all the characters are bland and interchangeable, and then to distract you from that, here's a side story about a Dwarf who once loved an Elf, and yet, it ended sadly... and unfortunately that has nothing to do with the main story...

I suffered through 100 hours of Dragon Age before I figured this out.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 09-22-2020 at 02:46 PM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I gave both Dragon Age and Skyrim a chance after friends implored me to play them.... I lasted about 4 hours into each before I sold them and never looked back.

I have been saying that Xbox buying all these studios felt like a desperate move to get gamers to come back to their side. Just because they bought these studios does not mean they will be pumping out spectacular games. Bethesda is not what it used to be with their last 5 releases being fucking bombs. They are slowly draining like Bioware but not nearly as much as a cliff dive in quality.

There is literally no reason to game on an Xbox. But check out the almost confirmed rumor in the playstation thread!

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    What the fuck happened to this thread? Jesus you guys get negative real quick.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    What the fuck happened to this thread? Jesus you guys get negative real quick.
    It's 2020.
    You saw this coming.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I actually ordered an Xbox but I bought it for being more powerful, not for the exclusives.

Also I've had knives out for Bethesda for a long, long time.