Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 LastLast
Results 721 to 750 of 755

Thread: The Xbox Thread

  1. #721
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    7,471
    Mentioned
    420 Post(s)
    Skyrim actually sucks. I would love to hear someone try to explain whatever the "main story" was to that game without laughing.

    "and then, you go to this cliff top to learn about dragon shouting..."

    OMG fuck off. The story to Skyrim is THE WORST fantasy fiction I've ever had to slog through
    Though really it's why most western RPG games suck. There's no real story, all the characters are bland and interchangeable, and then to distract you from that, here's a side story about a Dwarf who once loved an Elf, and yet, it ended sadly... and unfortunately that has nothing to do with the main story...

    I suffered through 100 hours of Dragon Age before I figured this out.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 09-22-2020 at 02:46 PM.

  2. #722
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    2,120
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I gave both Dragon Age and Skyrim a chance after friends implored me to play them.... I lasted about 4 hours into each before I sold them and never looked back.

    I have been saying that Xbox buying all these studios felt like a desperate move to get gamers to come back to their side. Just because they bought these studios does not mean they will be pumping out spectacular games. Bethesda is not what it used to be with their last 5 releases being fucking bombs. They are slowly draining like Bioware but not nearly as much as a cliff dive in quality.

    There is literally no reason to game on an Xbox. But check out the almost confirmed rumor in the playstation thread!

  3. #723
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    3,084
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    What the fuck happened to this thread? Jesus you guys get negative real quick.

  4. #724
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    7,471
    Mentioned
    420 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    What the fuck happened to this thread? Jesus you guys get negative real quick.
    It's 2020.
    You saw this coming.

  5. #725
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Monterey Bay, Ca
    Posts
    2,612
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    I actually ordered an Xbox but I bought it for being more powerful, not for the exclusives.

    Also I've had knives out for Bethesda for a long, long time.

  6. #726
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    2,120
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

  7. #727
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,196
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    That's absolutely hilarious...their product naming is such shit.

  8. #728
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    10,012
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    That's absolutely hilarious...their product naming is such shit.
    Its convoluted but being in a rush and not researching your purchase is on the consumer not the product.

  9. #729
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    W/A
    Posts
    3,505
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)

    Wink I speak fluent sarcasm.




  10. #730
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,196
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Its convoluted but being in a rush and not researching your purchase is on the consumer not the product.
    Absolutely true, but my point still stands

  11. #731
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    7,716
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    I guess I should look into whether or not my multiple Xbox One controllers will work for the Series X so I don't have to buy any more...they should. I hope.

    edit: nvm, they do lol.

  12. #732
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    2,120
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Its convoluted but being in a rush and not researching your purchase is on the consumer not the product.
    I can't find the post, but there was literally buying options on Microsoft's store showing "Xbox One" under the description for the new Xbox. It's on both lol...

  13. #733
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    10,012
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    I can't find the post, but there was literally buying options on Microsoft's store showing "Xbox One" under the description for the new Xbox. It's on both lol...
    Like I said earlier.....rushed.

  14. #734
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Monterey Bay, Ca
    Posts
    2,612
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    It could easily have happened to me. In those situations you are drunk on urgency. I forgot to set my alarm and it was all of three hours later. I'm fucking mashing the preorder buttons on 4 or 5 sites. I almost didn't even noticed when it actually made it to my cart, from the homogeny of staring at that shit for 40 minutes. The names are dumb. In conversation I keep calling it the One X

  15. #735
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    2,120
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    $220.00... OOF.



    To add, I expected a high price, but this thing cost almost as much as the Series S alone. Branded PS5 expanded memory will probably be similar, but dam, already miss the days where a memory card was 20 bucks.
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 09-24-2020 at 10:13 AM.

  16. #736
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    W/A
    Posts
    3,505
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)


    Last edited by allegate; 09-24-2020 at 10:47 AM.

  17. #737
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    7,716
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Hahahaha with the conversion that shit'd run me like $299cdn. The Series X comes with a 1TB HD as it is, and with as bonkers as my life is, I usually play only 1-2 games at a time max so should be good.

    But yeah, sheesh that's steep.

  18. #738
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    2,120
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post

    I love Brian Altanos posts.

    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight
    Hahahaha with the conversion that shit'd run me like $299cdn. The Series X comes with a 1TB HD as it is, and with as bonkers as my life is, I usually play only 1-2 games at a time max so should be good.

    But yeah, sheesh that's steep.
    A ton of people just saying "Now console players understand what it is like to be a PC gamer." Like that validates it. Making this type of media more mainstream makes sense for the hardware these consoles are putting out and they do need to make some sort of money, but for a time where tons of people are struggling, you think they would work with us a little bit.

    Of course people can just do the delete and install other games thing, but the fact that we still have to do that to save money is a bit ridiculous.
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 09-24-2020 at 12:36 PM.

  19. #739
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,955
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    This kinda smack's of when Sony made the expendable memory on the Vita STUPIDLY expensive and the ONLY method to upgrade the memory...

    And this will be a major issue for S owners as it's on digital, and to make it worse games WILL get bigger. For reference Call of Duty Warzone (not Modern Warfare, juts the battle royal) currently takes 120gb, with MW its over 200gb...thats close to half the series S's BASE MEMORY...ONE ONE GAME! Hell even Doom 2016 is 80gb! With games getting higher textures we could start seeing games like the next GTA hitting 200-300gb!

  20. #740
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,196
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    This kinda smack's of when Sony made the expendable memory on the Vita STUPIDLY expensive and the ONLY method to upgrade the memory...

    And this will be a major issue for S owners as it's on digital, and to make it worse games WILL get bigger. For reference Call of Duty Warzone (not Modern Warfare, juts the battle royal) currently takes 120gb, with MW its over 200gb...thats close to half the series S's BASE MEMORY...ONE ONE GAME! Hell even Doom 2016 is 80gb! With games getting higher textures we could start seeing games like the next GTA hitting 200-300gb!
    Then, if you want to switch games, you'll have to redownload whatever you want...which eats up at most people's data cap.

  21. #741
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,955
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    Then, if you want to switch games, you'll have to redownload whatever you want...which eats up at most people's data cap.
    That's something i didn't take into consideration, as in the UK most suppliers have unlimited data, it's just a case of it taking a few hours to re-download. It's not a great situation all round for the states!

  22. #742
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,196
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    That's something i didn't take into consideration, as in the UK most suppliers have unlimited data, it's just a case of it taking a few hours to re-download. It's not a great situation all round for the states!
    Yeah it really depends on ISPs here. Usually the cable monopolies do a cap and the fiber companies don't have one.

  23. #743
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    933
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Here's a solution for big textures:



    :-) (see also: demoscene, 4k...)

  24. #744
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    7,471
    Mentioned
    420 Post(s)
    wait... you have a ISP plan that has a "data cap?" I've never even heard of this...

    So after you download a certain amount of whatever, then what happens? You just can't download anything else for a month?!

  25. #745
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    W/A
    Posts
    3,505
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Holy crap at the data dump from the Xbox embargo expiring.


  26. #746
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,196
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    wait... you have a ISP plan that has a "data cap?" I've never even heard of this...

    So after you download a certain amount of whatever, then what happens? You just can't download anything else for a month?!
    No, you get charged every 50GB...mine is like $10 per 50GB used after cap. Cap is set at 1.2TB right now.

  27. #747
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    7,471
    Mentioned
    420 Post(s)
    wow... I didn't know this was a thing. All the plans here are unlimited. I don't think I've even been offered a capped plan

  28. #748
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    2,120
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Holy crap at the data dump from the Xbox embargo expiring.

    All those next gen games look like they're going to load fast!

  29. #749
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    933
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Digital Foundry:
    Xbox Series X Backwards Compatibility Tested - And The Performance Is Extreme


  30. #750
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    7,716
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    This is a great (and shorter) video about the actual console itself, controller, storage space (spoiler: you only get 802GB of the 1TB), etc.


Posting Permissions