Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Thread: The Xbox Thread

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

woof.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    The brute memes went viral in a matter of hours. I cannot scroll down my Twitter feed without seeing someone's (Brilliant) phtotoshops of this guy... It is quite hilarious. Even more hilarious and embarrassing is this Halo Infinite reaction thing that Xbox is literally boasting about.

Who the fuck reacts like this from a FUCKING MAP SCREEN. I'm so tired of these fake, over-the-top reactions to save a game that looks absolutely subpar after 5 years of development.

https://twitter.com/LoganDodson/stat...469170179?s=19

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Yeeesh.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    you think the console is next?

edit: I swear that sentence looked right the first time I typed it...lol
    Last edited by allegate; 08-11-2020 at 05:00 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    This morning they confirmed a November release for the console.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    OTOH - WB has 'confirmed' a release date for Tenet how many times?

I kid.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    OTOH - WB has 'confirmed' a release date for Tenet how many times?

I kid.
    Haha you're not wrong.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Who phones these atrocious designs in? I cannot stop laughing.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Official Price for the smaller "digital only" Xbox Series S is...

$299!

Microsoft have made the first move...Sony's turn.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I'd definitely go for a Series S if:

1. I didn't ever sell physical games when finished with them (other than Batman and BioShock discs, I have maybe like two?)
    2. I didn't have $600 worth of BestBuy gift cards sitting here.

GIVE ME A SERIES X NOW, KTHX.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    can you buy older 360 etc games via the Xbox digital marketplace for the Series S? If you can, I might get one. There's enough games in the back catalogue now that I would like to give a shot at. It's all about the backwards compatibility for me... which is something that Sony is completely dropping the ball on.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    It still blows my mind that we don't have concrete pricing for both (now just the Series S). It's two months away!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Last edited by allegate; 09-08-2020 at 10:30 AM.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    can you buy older 360 etc games via the Xbox digital marketplace for the Series S? If you can, I might get one. There's enough games in the back catalogue now that I would like to give a shot at. It's all about the backwards compatibility for me... which is something that Sony is completely dropping the ball on.
    I cannot confirm but i assumed this was part of the backwards compatibility...at least that's what i was thinking. Much like yourself that might actually get me to pick on one up...that and it's £250 in the UK and...that's cheaper then a freaking Switch! A next gen console!

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    This price point has, for the first time in YEARS, got me actually thinking about getting an xbox!

Of course there are some caveats to that. Firstly i'm big on physical media, i like having a physical game in hand so i can play whenever i want (and i like to keep all my fav games on display) so i wouldn't be able to do this unless i just used it as a wayback machine for old xbox games and just get a Game Pass with it to give stuff a try.

Second...JRPG's, or just Japaneses games in general. Xbox doesn't have many (i remember this being a big deal when i had a 360) Unless there's a push to port JRPG's onto the xbox it'll be a big draw back for me.

...but at that price, and it being only £250 in the UK, for a next gen console that can play old games with no restrictions...that's REALLY fucking tempting! Also i could buy Cyberpunk physically on xboxone (to have my physical fill and steel case) and upgrade for free. I'm tempted, really tempted!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Both drop Nov 10. Preorders start Sept 22.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    £449 is actually a very good price...i'm honestly tempted!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

EA Play is included?

Last edited by allegate; 09-09-2020 at 10:42 AM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Yeah word is on the same day, EA Play is being brought into the Game Pass family (still available on its own). I reached out to my friend at EA to confirm the date but he hasn't answered my text yet.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Wait...so they just anncoued the plans for All Access. For $24.99 a month for 24 months, you get your choice of net gen console (S or X) Game Pass Ultimate and EA play is now included...that's...that's a fucking outrageous deal!

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    The price is good, but I am still waiting for a next gen game to be running on any next gen Xbox console. People see price and immediately lose their shit. Besides the bw compat schtick, what are you playing on this thing?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    Wait...so they just anncoued the plans for All Access. For $24.99 a month for 24 months, you get your choice of net gen console (S or X) Game Pass Ultimate and EA play is now included...that's...that's a fucking outrageous deal!
    34.99 is for the Series X. 24.99 for the S.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    The price is good, but I am still waiting for a next gen game to be running on any next gen Xbox console. People see price and immediately lose their shit. Besides the bw compat schtick, what are you playing on this thing?
    Same camp. Neither console has any attractive launch game and I don't expect most games to be of value on these systems until at least next summer the earliest, but those will still be accommodating the current gen. Probably will until 2022 if we're honest.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Second...JRPG's, or just Japaneses games in general. Xbox doesn't have many (i remember this being a big deal when i had a 360) Unless there's a push to port JRPG's onto the xbox it'll be a big draw back for me.
    If you're generally a fan of Japanese games, and you have to pick only ONE console to play on, the Xbox isn't it. There's a ton of great games on it, and their policy towards backwards compatibility should really be lighting a fire under Sony's feet... but even then, I've played most of the older games on Sony consoles... There's very little I haven't that I want to check out.

That's not the case w/ the Xbox back catalogue. I really want to play Alan Wake, the Ori games, Lost Odyssey, Sea of Thieves, Killer Instinct, D4, other stuff... it's not much but it's worth it at that price point.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Same camp. Neither console has any attractive launch game and I don't expect most games to be of value on these systems until at least next summer the earliest, but those will still be accommodating the current gen. Probably will until 2022 if we're honest.
    I'm only interested in Ratchet and Spider-man, but PS5 definitely has the more intriguing line up. I mean, I have a lot of games in my PS4 backlog that I need to get to, so knowing I'll be able to play those on PS5 I guess is a plus. Depending on how much better the games will look on whatever boost option or whatever they want to call it, but you're absolutely right.

For me, I think even the people that are making the backwards compat a selling point will come to realize how much they really won't play older games on a next gen console once Xbox starts pumping out these games. But having to wait until 2022 for most of what they showed...this can completely kill Xbox if they don't have anything up their sleeve since Halo Infinite is no longer a launch title. The fact that I can play half of these games on my Intel core 5 Lenovo laptop kind of makes me laugh.

I still have all of my consoles and I think people forget that PS1 games play on any PS3. PS2 is bit more annoying but you can buy one for literally nothing these days; I find them almost all the time for about 20 bucks at pawn shops so the defense that older consoles cost too much money is bullshit.

Everyone has their thing, but I want to play new games on my new console **Shrugs**.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    34.99 is for the Series X. 24.99 for the S.
    Ah my bad...that's still a good price though

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Honestly i'm only tempted to get a next gen JUST for cyberpunk...i want it at 60fps, and rebuilding my PC will cost significantly more then just plumbing for a S. And with EA play i'll get 2 Fifa's in the mix. And i would like to give Forza a look. Tempting.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Ah my bad...that's still a good price though
    Absolutely, a hell of a deal. I'm still wondering if that will have taxes added to it...

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Last edited by allegate; 09-10-2020 at 10:33 AM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)