Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast

Thread: The Xbox Thread

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I think I'm gonna grab Dishonored to play at some point, that game looked bad ass. That Strike Suit Zero looks pretty sweet too. I actually haven't taken advantage of Games with Gold yet, have so many PS3/360 games sitting around that I haven't played as it is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That 1T advanced warfare xbone looks so sexy. I think I'm going to get this.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Season 2 Begins October 15, 2014

Product overview: ​Microsoft Studios and the development team at Iron Galaxy are excited to reveal that starting on October 15th, Killer Instinct: Season 2 begins with new fighters, enhanced game modes, and a completely revamped sleek interface.

Fans will have several options to purchase Killer Instinct: Season 2, which includes special discounted fighter packages:

• Killer Instinct: Season 2 – Ultra Edition $39.99/34.99 Pounds/39.99 EURO
    o Eight fighters, starting with TJ Combo and Maya, and adding a new fighter each month
    o Select fighter costumes and accessory packs
    o Killer Instinct 2 Classic – a perfect port of the arcade game with full multiplayer support for intense fighting over Xbox Live
    o Content Early Access – Customers who buy the Ultra Edition will get early access to characters and customization items before anyone else

• Killer Instinct: Season 2 - Combo Breaker $19.99/16.99 Pounds/19.99 EURO
    o Eight fighters, starting with TJ Combo and Maya, and adding a new fighter each month
    • Players can also purchase Season 2 fighters individually as they are made available for $4.99/ 3.99 Pounds/4.99 EURO each

For fans who want to get TJ Combo early, they can purchase the Killer Instinct: Season 2 - Ultra Edition between September 23rd and October 14th. This offer not only includes instantly adding TJ Combo to the roster, but also gives fans early access to Killer Instinct 2 Classic.

Additionally, we are excited to announce that award-winning composer Mick Gordon will return to produce the soundtrack for Killer Instinct: Season 2 and Kevin Bayliss, the original art director for Killer Instinct and Killer Instinct 2, will design eight costumes for Killer Instinct: Season 2 – Ultra Edition. The Killer Instinct: Season 1 soundtrack as well as the original Killer Cuts will also be available to purchase on September 23rd.

More details on Killer Instinct: Season 2 will be released closer to launch. Killer Instinct: Season 1 is currently available for purchase digitally on Xbox One and a special retail version will be available starting September 23.
    $39.99 again? Fuck. They're really raking fans over the coals for this sequel. This'll be the second time I'm gonna dish $40.00. $80.00 total. All just because I want KI2 Classic. Ugh.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Xbox getting MKV support! excellence.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Pretty pissed off at the moment. I got a Bone a couple of days back and bought Diablo III and Wolfenstein on disc for it. I haven't been able to play either due to some issue apparently caused by the August update (which launched on the same day I got my console). I bought a digital copy of Titanfall to tide me over until they fix the bug, but it seems they aren't able to fix it without a service. I've tried every single troubleshooting tip I can find to no avail. I got it pre-owned (but never opened) off eBay, so exchanging in-store isn't an option. I'm now going to be stuck without a Titanfall fix for who knows how long while my console is sent away for repair. Just my luck :/

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xmd 5a View Post
    Pretty pissed off at the moment. I got a Bone a couple of days back and bought Diablo III and Wolfenstein on disc for it. I haven't been able to play either due to some issue apparently caused by the August update (which launched on the same day I got my console). I bought a digital copy of Titanfall to tide me over until they fix the bug, but it seems they aren't able to fix it without a service. I've tried every single troubleshooting tip I can find to no avail. I got it pre-owned (but never opened) off eBay, so exchanging in-store isn't an option. I'm now going to be stuck without a Titanfall fix for who knows how long while my console is sent away for repair. Just my luck :/
    NEVER EVER buy electronics used, you're asking for trouble.

Hope you get it back soon.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    NEVER EVER buy electronics used, you're asking for trouble.

Hope you get it back soon.
    Yeah, I generally avoid pre-owned consoles but the price was right and the console was in mint condition. Just a bit miffed that it got screwed up by an update.

In any case, I'm going to hold on to it for a week or so until I hit 50 in Titanfall. This game is SO addictive.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Anyone have the Xbox One headset that came with the console that they aren't using? I'd be willing to buy it off someone for a cheap moderate price.

Bit strapped for cash that I can't buy a Turtle Beach headset for 360 and the Xbox One headset adapter plugin at the moment.

Please PM me!

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    My controller seems to have crapped out. I have to pay for shipping this thing out before microsoft even sends me a new one? Not happy about that. I will be getting some type of credit... oh yes i will.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Anyone picking up Sunset Overdrive?

Review scores are coming in hot. Game looks bananas.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Played about an hour of it...fairly fun. For about that hour. Holy repetitive. Pass.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Insomniac Games are usually better than they seem at first... I'd like to try this one, but I don't have an Xbone so not going to happen any time soon.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Played about an hour of it...fairly fun. For about that hour. Holy repetitive. Pass.
    Really? = \

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
    Really? = \
    So is Call of Duty, so is Destiny, so are Fighting games, so is Battlefield, etc etc etc. Subjective. If it's fresh with the gameplay (like seen/shown) I can look past "repetitive" gameplay.

Still my number one anticipated game this year. Tomorrow it's finally here.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    While I'm obviously not a stickler for reviews, this review pretty much articulates my thoughts on what I played to a fucking T. It's just soooooo repetitive. And no, not in a way like Call of Duty or TitanFall ('All I do is shoot a gun'). This is much, much more drab.

- The rail grinding is barely novel and requires no skill. When you grinded in Tony Hawk you had to balance...it took skill, and it felt like you accomplished something...here it's just...fuck, it's so bland. You can grind around a square roof just non-stop, all the while holding in the trigger while you aim at seas of the same enemies.
    - The missions are lame...enough with the fetch quests.
    - If you die, you respawn right next to where you died (no penalty whatsoever = no real threat).
    - Constantly shoves it in your face how WACKY it's supposed to be, and HEY! WE'RE SO META! WE'RE REFERENCING AN INTERNET MEME HERE! AND A TROPE OVER THERE! AND ANOTHER GAME OVER HERE! Over the top....meh it goes for it, but it's just so....bland lol.
    - End point? It's just not fun. At all. The premise and idea for it is so great, but the game is probably the worst case of 'Was insane for 45 minutes! Then sucked my ass at minute 46! I've played in a while.

So yeah, toss all the money at it you want lol.

This sums it up as well:

Last edited by october_midnight; 10-27-2014 at 05:50 PM.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    i'll probably wait to buy it when it gets cheaper or get it used. there's no way i'l have time for this and MCC

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I got the game and am loving it. Fun stuff and I'm mostly wandering throughout the city like an aimless tumbleweed. I'm gonna waste a lot of time on this game.

If you like third person (and TPS), open world and shooting shit then get the game. I have no complaints. Doubt I ever will either. Little load times, no glitches (yet), smooth parkour and a fun, stupid story.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Anyone here own Forza Horizon 2? Thinking about buying it but I wanna make sure it was as enjoyable as the first one...

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubeninphoenix View Post
    Anyone here own Forza Horizon 2? Thinking about buying it but I wanna make sure it was as enjoyable as the first one...
    Demo was great and the friends I have that do have it, enjoy it. Definite buy for sure.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I think it's so much better than the first one.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Demo was great and the friends I have that do have it, enjoy it. Definite buy for sure.
    D’oh! Of course the demo, how did I forget about that? Will have to download it but....(see reply below)

Quote Originally Posted by Madmya View Post
    I think it's so much better than the first one.
    I’ll have to take a fellow ETSer’s word for it and that I REALLY LOVED the first one.

Time to buy a proper steering wheel and pedals controller and a nice gaming chair for said controller (and game of course).

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    D’oh! Of course the demo, how did I forget about that? Will have to download it but....(see reply below)

I’ll have to take a fellow ETSer’s word for it and that I REALLY LOVED the first one.

Time to buy a proper steering wheel and pedals controller and a nice gaming chair for said controller (and game of course).
    Only downside with Horizon 2 is the soundtrack. The first had better tunes.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Only downside with Horizon 2 is the soundtrack. The first had better tunes.
    Hmmm, just looking at the soundtrack, looks like I would enjoy Horizon Bass Arena the most this go-around. Last time, it was Pulse.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I actually didn't like the first Horizon much at all, and this is from a big Forza fan. I think Horizon 2 just does a much better job of hooking you in. You really won't be disappointed with the purchase.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I'm getting an xbox one for Christmas. I'm getting the Assaasins Creedd bundle which comes with Black Flag and Unity. I'm also getting The Master Chief Collection. Mostly for nostalgia and because I haven't played the 4th one yet. Do y'all like it? Also really wanting to get The Evil Within and Far Cry 4. I am pretty excited. My brother in-law has a ps4 so we will have access to all the exclusives then.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theburningreptile View Post
    I'm getting an xbox one for Christmas. I'm getting the Assaasins Creedd bundle which comes with Black Flag and Unity. I'm also getting The Master Chief Collection. Mostly for nostalgia and because I haven't played the 4th one yet. Do y'all like it? Also really wanting to get The Evil Within and Far Cry 4. I am pretty excited. My brother in-law has a ps4 so we will have access to all the exclusives then.
    Halo 4 is pretty fricking sweet. That is/was a great story as it developed throughout the campaign.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Question, is all multiplayer halo 2 or do they go to each respective game?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Hopefully you're lucky and Master Chief Collection works for you by then. Game is a pile of rubbish. Broken servers, glitchy frame rate drops, lousy matchmaking with still no fixes and other errors I can't even list. I've replayed the first mission of Halo 4 5 times, the achievement progress is at 100% and has been for 4 days and has yet to unlock. I played the second mission today and got no achievement nor does the game even acknowledge that I even beat it within the stats career menu.

This series is an amazing journey and a lot of contentfor the pricetag but these fucking issues are making it goddamn useless.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Question, is all multiplayer halo 2 or do they go to each respective game?
    There is multiplayer for each respective game. You can mix it up too I believe, so play some halo 1 followed by 2 etc. Though I can't give you a definitive answer on that because I can't get a game online.