Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: The Xbox Thread

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by twilight explosion View Post
    oh so i can record shit on my 360? brb montage
    No, that's one thing that's not the same that I'm glad they're adding.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    No, that's one thing that's not the same that I'm glad they're adding.
    but i thought there was nothing new

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by twilight explosion View Post
    but i thought there was nothing new
    Yeah, yeah, yeah.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    The whole recording yourself playing baffles me. Who gives a shit about watching 30 second clips of your friend playing a game. Big whoop.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    The whole recording yourself playing baffles me. Who gives a shit about watching 30 second clips of your friend playing a game. Big whoop.
    I can see the appeal...You know, for Let's Players. But all of those people generally have their own equipment for doing so, and I imagine that the footage you record with the the console isn't exactly going to be people's go-to choice for video capture, so even they probably won't use it too often. It's pretty much safe to assume that we're probably just gonna see an even bigger influx of these "Top 24 1/2 kills in Duty Call: Block Aps" set to the latest Falling in Reverse track popping up all over the place. Innovation!

On the other hand, sooometimes shit happens I'd love to show other people. I was playing Bioshock: Infinite a few days ago, and was doing some backtracking after beating the Siren. I walked into a room where all the corpses of men I'd killed were paired up and laid in blatantly sexual poses on the floor. I swear on my life, it was probably the strangest unintentional(?) thing I've seen playing a video game.
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 06-22-2013 at 01:26 PM.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I like the ability to record gameplay videos. I do it with Halo all the time.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I think being able to record game footage a lot easier is also very convenient for catching and pointing out glitches and bugs that devs might have missed when the product was shipped, devs would be smart to take advantage of something like this as a bug report so they know what to fix for patch releases.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Well, for one thing, it'll make helpful tutorial videos like this one a little more helpful and a little less headache inducing

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Hmm, I didn't think about those. Very good points!

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Apparently microsoft intentially placed a sly clue as to the future publishing of crackdown 3 in their presentation.

Ive been saying that a next gen crackdown is one of the few things that would make me really want this think, but i figured it was an unlikely demand.... but Im excited! Crackdown is a game that stands a lot to gain from next gen power.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Xbox One: Pre-ordered.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I pre-ordered the xbox too, last week. Now I just have to decide what games should I buy at launch, I think I'll get Watch Dogs and Froza 5 or Dead Rising 3. Can't wait for November!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Good news for xbots:
    Well-placed development sources have told Digital Foundry that the ESRAM embedded memory within the Xbox One processor is considerably more capable than Microsoft envisaged during pre-production of the console, with data throughput levels up to 88 per cent higher in the final hardware.
    Bandwidth is at a premium in the Xbox One owing to the slower DDR3 memory employed in the console, which does not compare favourably to the 8GB unified pool of GDDR5 in the PlayStation 4. The 32MB of "embedded static RAM" within the Xbox One processor aims to make up the difference, and was previously thought to sustain a peak theoretical throughput of 102GB/s - useful, but still some way behind the 176GB/s found in PlayStation 4's RAM set-up. Now that close-to-final silicon is available, Microsoft has revised its own figures upwards significantly, telling developers that 192GB/s is now theoretically possible.
    So how could Microsoft's own internal tech teams have underestimated the capabilities of its own hardware by such a wide margin? Well, according to sources who have been briefed by Microsoft, the original bandwidth claim derives from a pretty basic calculation - 128 bytes per block multiplied by the GPU speed of 800MHz offers up the previous max throughput of 102.4GB/s. It's believed that this calculation remains true for separate read/write operations from and to the ESRAM. However, with near-final production silicon, Microsoft techs have found that the hardware is capable of reading and writing simultaneously. Apparently, there are spare processing cycle "holes" that can be utilised for additional operations. Theoretical peak performance is one thing, but in real-life scenarios it's believed that 133GB/s throughput has been achieved with alpha transparency blending operations (FP16 x4).
    From Eurogamer (Digital Foundry)

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I'll just leave this here.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    bare in mind that when they downloaded a game, and played it, it locks it for all other accounts while its 'in use'. Plus the rumour that it would only be a limited trial version.

Like ps3 game sharing, where 5 people could use one game on the store, that wasn't going to happen. Are they really going to let people pay $6 each to all play one $60 game?

I don't see why they couldn't still do this with Digital content anyway.. or are XB1 discs still gonna install regardless of the day one patch?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Hopefully you can still install games. It seems like you need the disc to play though.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Re: The Xbox Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Hopefully you can still install games. It seems like you need the disc to play though.
    Will be like it is now on the 360. Install, but gotta keep the disk inside.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Paid off my console preorder last night as well as prepaid for a few games, a fast $650 or so, but fuck it...can't wait!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Jesus Christ, my wallet spent a chunk of money today. This weeks DOTW for Capcom titles has me reeling. Bought Asura's Wrath, its DLC Episode IV and with spare points Street Fighter III: Online Edition. They have tons of other shit on sale as well...Lost Planet and 2, Capcom Arcade Cabinet, Resident Evil 5 content and tons of fighting game shit. Too much awesome today.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    The sales the last few weeks have been amazing... I picked up

Borderlands 2
    Crysis 3
    Lost Planet 2
    Resident Evil 5
    Tomb Raider (2013)

And maybe a couple months ago, I got Dark Souls and Fallout: New Vegas.

MS really needs to keep taking pages from Steam and offering games super-cheap.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    neat feature but then you read the comments and it's like WTF? what are these kids complaining about. http://kotaku.com/microsoft-explains...tche-965513515

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
    neat feature but then you read the comments and it's like WTF? what are these kids complaining about. http://kotaku.com/microsoft-explains...tche-965513515
    That is neat and was an initial feature that peaked my interest.

The comments are just mandatory whining/complaining that needs to be on every Xbox related news article. I try not to look.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    August's free games for XBL Gold members: Crackdown, Dead Rising 2, Dead Rising 2: Case Zero.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Are you fucking kidding me? I just bought Dead Rising 2 in disc form. I'm pissed.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Cool, I didn't want or was going to use it anyways.

Wonder what people are gonna bitch about now as far as the Xbox One goes.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    What did I say, by launch, everything would be forgotten, fixed and no-one will care..
    This is good news for them.
    The question now is, is the tv and entertainment stuff enough to make it stand out from essentially two identical consoles?
    I've got a ps4 preordered but my bet is MS's marketing budget is big enough to get the public back on side