Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Grand Theft Auto

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Patch coming tomorrow to (theoretically) fix online. Also, someone I know was in a building and some other random asshole followed him, parked his car in front of the only door, jumped on the hood, and proceeded to give him the finger for like 45 minutes straight LOL.

Picture he took.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ibanez33 View Post
    The BAWSAQ market is influenced a bit by other players buying & selling, the LCN market is influenced by events that happen in single-player, like certain missions or, say you blow up a bunch of Cluck'n Bell trucks, their stock will drop, and then you can buy it while it's low. IIRC the stock values update every 2 hours so you can wreak havoc on a company from 4pm-6pm, buy a bunch of stock between 6 and 8, then check back every couple of hours to see how it's doing. AFAIK the LCN stock won't change while you're not playing, but BAWSAQ goes round the clock so you have to be a little more careful with your gambling, but on reddit and the GTA forum's everyone's kind of agreed to just dump all of their money into 1 stock for a week and then mass sell it during a 2-hour window on the weekend, and start over next week with a cheap company. That's why PISWASSER is (or was until recently) the most expensive stock on the market, it went from like $3 a share to $15 over a just a few days.
    When does BAWSAQ become available? After I finish the main story? Or is there a particular time it unlocks?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    When does BAWSAQ become available? After I finish the main story? Or is there a particular time it unlocks?
    Always? Go to Cell phone > Internet > Money and Services > BAWSAQ

It's like the second or third one down I think.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Hmmm. I ask because it's usually unavailable.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Patch coming tomorrow to (theoretically) fix online. Also, someone I know was in a building and some other random asshole followed him, parked his car in front of the only door, jumped on the hood, and proceeded to give him the finger for like 45 minutes straight LOL.

Picture he took.
    Oh, man, that made me really laugh! I don't know what's funnier: The fact that this guy trolled your friend, like that, or the fact that your friend tolerated it for 45 minutes rather than simply restart the game. Wow!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    It's my buddy Johnny D (used to live here in Vancouver way back in the day)...he probably got a kick out of it. Is it bad that this is one of the things I'm most psyched for in Online once I can play it more steadily? To grief people? lol

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ibanez33 View Post
    The BAWSAQ market is influenced a bit by other players buying & selling, the LCN market is influenced by events that happen in single-player, like certain missions or, say you blow up a bunch of Cluck'n Bell trucks, their stock will drop, and then you can buy it while it's low. IIRC the stock values update every 2 hours so you can wreak havoc on a company from 4pm-6pm, buy a bunch of stock between 6 and 8, then check back every couple of hours to see how it's doing. AFAIK the LCN stock won't change while you're not playing, but BAWSAQ goes round the clock so you have to be a little more careful with your gambling, but on reddit and the GTA forum's everyone's kind of agreed to just dump all of their money into 1 stock for a week and then mass sell it during a 2-hour window on the weekend, and start over next week with a cheap company. That's why PISWASSER is (or was until recently) the most expensive stock on the market, it went from like $3 a share to $15 over a just a few days.
    I think people are still unsure exactly how the Bawsaq works. Some of the companies Lester tells you to invest in are in the Bawsaq and your single player game directly affects them. Also, when almost everyone dumped their shares in Pisswasser the stock prices continued to rise and are now at $21.57. This could be because a bunch of people unaware of the reddit bought into Pisswasswer too or we just don't understand how Bawsaq actually works (more likely).

Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Hmmm. I ask because it's usually unavailable.
    You need to be online to access it. The only time it's been down for me is when Online launched at the servers all went down.
    Last edited by sa_nick; 10-04-2013 at 12:03 AM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    So, my single player file managed to fix itself... But my online character is gone. He was only level 6, but still, I'd like him back and some reassurance that I don't have to worry about my character being lost again. Hopefully the new patch coming fixes these issues.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    How are the online servers now? Not had any chance to check

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kojane View Post
    How are the online servers now? Not had any chance to check
    Seem to be all right and they are releasing another patch today to fix issues.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Seem to be all right and they are releasing another patch today to fix issues.
    Cool, man! Thanks for the heads up, might have a go tonight see how it is

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Great, now i'm going to have to go grab a semi and start parking it outside of building doors don't I?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I can't seem to join any of you fuckers' games.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Just trying to get tutorials done while getting waxed by level 15ers over and over is very annoying.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bruised View Post
    Just trying to get tutorials done while getting waxed by level 15ers over and over is very annoying.
    Sounds like they reached too far and didn't think this out fully.

I can't say concretely because I haven't even tried to play it yet, but I saw the trailer of what they were promising... and I'm sorry if I'm a negative nancy, but I watched that and said "yeah, that's not going to happen, at least not any time soon"

Maybe if GTA: Online was subscription based, it would keep popluation down and finance the servers and updates, but otherwise, the most popular game in the world tacking on an MMO just cuz they feel like it?
    Last edited by Jinsai; 10-05-2013 at 12:24 AM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bruised View Post
    I know how that feels. After joining a real TDM after tutorials with mostly 4-6 levels, I had a level 21 guy on my team and he pretty much mowed everyone down. Not very fair if you ask me.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    A big thanks to the guy who done the nin logo its very good indeed.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by humie74 View Post
    A big thanks to the guy who done the nin logo its very good indeed.
    I wasn't sure if the NIN logo would be too obvious of a choice. Hopefully it looks good on clothes in game. If you're going to wear the Crew Logo I'd suggest wearing something black so there's not a big black square uglying up your threads.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    The logo rocks and my character is wearing it but there's no applicable black shirts or upper clothing articles that make it look seamlessly added. no matter, I still have it on and am loving the look.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    I made an edit to the logo so that the background is blank, but still black inside the NIN box. Published it to the crew if you guys want to change anything else up with it *edit* those lines/cracks are still there though, I'm not sure if there's an eraser tool or something to get rid of them maybe? I think it kinda looks good as is but they may need rearranging so they're still not cut off at the edge or whatever.

for future reference, you click on the bottom square on that thing where your current/recent colors are to change the background color, then pick the white one with the red slash through it to make it blank

Last edited by ibanez33; 10-05-2013 at 05:05 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The online tutorial feels a bit long..

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Great, my online character is now gone. Thanks rockstar

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    The very first race you do at night with Lamar, I got first...and at the end when it shows the WINNER screen and your character does the taunt (flips the bird or whatever) it said in giant font YOU JUST SET A WORLD RECORD. So I clicked the bumper and checked and sure enough, first in the entire world? "Yeah, that'll last a long time..." played a bit more before heading out last night for beers, jumped back on this morning and my time is already like #199th lol. Should've taken a picture of that bullshit!

My shit got reset as well, but only a level or so...I logged back in for half an hour this morning and jumped back down from level 9 to 7. Thank fuck it wasn't totally erased...

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Well, funny thing is, my car and money are still there. I am still apart of my crews.

I lost my levels and my character design.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    I know some people have mentioned that they're having trouble with their games being erased when playing online, but has anyone had any trouble with their offline game? The game has now erased a pretty decent chunk of my progress twice. Each time it sets me back to before Franklin does the tow truck side mission, so I have to do that all over again and, if I remember correctly, I then have to do the entire first mission with Franklin and Michael again, too (I was just past their first mission when I lost the game).

I wasn't digging the game that much to begin with, but I was going to keep playing for awhile, hoping it would grow on me. At this point I'm pretty much done with it because I'm getting sick of having to replay missions because the damn thing keeps erasing my game.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I haven't touched this since yesterday morning but the horror stories of erased files makes me re think my liking to play this game.

Still backing up my single player file on the cloud.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 10-06-2013 at 09:20 PM. Reason: typo

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    The very first race you do at night with Lamar, I got first...and at the end when it shows the WINNER screen and your character does the taunt (flips the bird or whatever) it said in giant font YOU JUST SET A WORLD RECORD. So I clicked the bumper and checked and sure enough, first in the entire world? "Yeah, that'll last a long time..." played a bit more before heading out last night for beers, jumped back on this morning and my time is already like #199th lol. Should've taken a picture of that bullshit!

My shit got reset as well, but only a level or so...I logged back in for half an hour this morning and jumped back down from level 9 to 7. Thank fuck it wasn't totally erased...
    I think the World Records are either bugged, or REALLY specific, like "compared to everyone else who did this race with this car with traffic on and no wanted levels, you're the fastest!", because I've set like 20 so far even when I've played like shit a couple of times. It did feel really badass to see "WORLD RECORD" pop up the first few times, though.

I haven't had my character lost or anything super bad but I was kicked from a game last night while it was saving and it set me back 2 levels to my last save which is kind of a bummer.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I probably won't get on the online portion of the game until I read better things because most of the stuff so far that I have read or been told by my buddy don't seem like it is worth getting into at the moment.

Also I am also about to the beat the story mode pretty soon guess I am a mission away from that. Will probably then focus on some of the side missions I haven't partaken in like the alien parts, the murder mystery, the cults, and stuff.
    Last edited by Tums206_BFY; 10-07-2013 at 01:07 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Grand Theft Auto

Played online last night for a few hours with a couple friends, it's awesome. We made a private lobby so we wouldn't have to deal with people fucking with us. We spent a lot of time robbing stores. One guy flying a helicopter and the other 2 of us would parachute out, rob the store and then our buddy would pick us up out front with the helicopter. Gonna spend a lot of hours doing shit like that.

Edit: Something I found out about crews, maybe everyone already knows. I'm in the Hard as Nails crew and me and my friends started another one for when we play together. I had the logo from Hard as Nails on my character's shirt, when I changed my active crew to the other one it automatically switched my shirt. So looks like wearing the crew logos only works when that crew is set as your active crew.
    Last edited by kdrcraig; 10-07-2013 at 05:30 PM.