Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Grand Theft Auto

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I have the game pre-ordered but I won't be able to pick it up until tomorrow afternoon/evening. Can't wait though.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    ImTheWiseJanitor

LET'S DO THIS. I can't decide if I wanna get it at midnight or just wait until tomorrow. I'm off work all day and don't work until 9 Wednesday...Hmmm...Fuck it. I'm probably getting it tonight.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    PSN is shadaloosoldier. I will take our heist and shoot you, so just shoot me first, 'kay? Kay.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruined View Post
    Given the size of the game, I'm expecting a long install time of a couple of hours. I'll probably go to the midnight release just so I'll be able to install it by tomorrow, heh.
    Nah, I've heard 15-30 minutes max. I'm gonna check out the foldout map and have a couple cigarettes and I expect it to be done by then.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Rockstar's reaction to the reviews pouring in.

http://geek.cheezburger.com/share/7802016000

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Anyone tried out the iFruit app on iOS? Can't seem to get a connection here...

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    PS:available to download NOW on PSN. Just go to "all PS3 games" on the store and download it from there.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    This is pretty good so far. Im only an hour or two in but the improvements over 4 are pretty dramatic. The game is colorful and shiny and everything pops. Make 4 look even more like mud. Controls are responsive and even the sound design just feels very real.

The story is more engaging, not just because they skipped the bowling. The characters feel real and interesting and so far the missions are things that i feel like i want to actually do. So far its real good.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Just looking at the map has me drooling. I've only had enough time to install the game thus far (never encountered a mandatory install for the 360 before...) but can't wait to get stuck in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Map is insane. Spent all night exploring, trying to fill in all the blank spaces on the menu map, still a big hole in the middle that I'll probably get to later. One thing I notice, and have to adjust my brightness scale a lot for: it never really seems like night. It can be 1am and there's a pink band on the horizon line. But when you turn the brightness all the way down in the woods it's terrifying, like you're a million miles from civilization. A good kind of terrifying.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I just spent about an hour surfing fake Internet.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Today is going to be a long day... Picking this up as soon as I get off work though.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Grand Theft Auto

I can't get the iFruit app to work. It always craps out when it's trying to sign in, probably just an overload of activity on it. I've played about 3 hours of the game so far, it's pretty awesome. Haven't done any exploring yet, plan on doing that tonight. I did kill a bunch of aliens with a mini gun in a drug induced hallucination though, I love these games.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    As a pc gamer, I am dying inside right now. If I wasn't so broke I might just cave and go buy a tv, a ps3, and a copy of the game. So jealous of all the people getting to play this. If they skip out on the pc this time like they did with Red Dead Redemption, there's gonna be hell to pay.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantra View Post
    As a pc gamer, I am dying inside right now. If I wasn't so broke I might just cave and go buy a tv, a ps3, and a copy of the game. So jealous of all the people getting to play this. If they skip out on the pc this time like they did with Red Dead Redemption, there's gonna be hell to pay.
    Hang in there buddy, all is not lost: http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/09/17/gta-5-rumourgeddon/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I will probabay steal my brother's copy and play it at some point. Me actually playing video games is quite a rarity now and I'm certainly not betting on finishing it. I'll probably still enjoy it though, if only just for exploring and doing random shit and whatnot.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Dunno if my TV or what, but I'm getting an uncomfortable amount of alias in the distance.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I love the fact that the more common police car (Ford Interceptor, not the Crown Vic) from the LSPD is decked out with lights.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    I played from midnight to 4am and slept for like 4 hours and I've been at it since about 10 this morning. the last month or 2 I've been shying away from new info so this game has totally blown away my expectations so far. I love how they set the story up to play as each character for a bit before they get together.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    :::::::::::::::::::::::::::SPOILERS::::::::::::

Alright, i'm about to do the first heist mission and do i have to complete all of Franklins current missions before getting access to the call or do i just wait for the call without having to do his missions up to this point? BTW This game is nothing short of amazing.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Incredible, incredible game. Spent 20 minutes driving a sports car up a treacherous mountain path, almost slid down, and rode a cable car down. Hit a hiker on the way. Somehow the police tracked me down but they slid off the cliff. Then I spent hours exploring. Almost forgot they're missions to play. Probably forget to go to sleep.....and go to work tomorrow

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I can't afford this game. Poop. I'll have to wait until used copies come into circulation. Two years from now... ( ._.)

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Merse View Post
    I can't afford this game. Poop. I'll have to wait until used copies come into circulation. Two years from now... ( ._.)
    I'm sure there will be the obvious backlash.. plus around xmas there will probably be sales/bundles.

So far I played a little bit, don't think I'm out of the tutorials yet, but its alright so far. I'm wondering why I can't press R2 to unleash superpowered death on everyone, but other than that its pretty fun.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    This game is pretty nuts, coming from LA. Its kind of like... A remixed abreviated version of LA. But sometimes you recognize places that you hang out all the time. My brother just had his engagement party at a restaraunt at the end of the santa monica pier, and that restaraunt is PERFECTLY replicate in this game. Crazy.

Not replicated: LA traffic!

The graphics are really nice and i cant help but wonder if the nextvgen version of this game is just behind the corner, hidden from the public eye for sales reasons. Draw distance in the game is too small to justify many of its own vistas, and most open world games would have covered the graphical error by throwing up really big buildings in your way to shorten the distance. Kind of wierd.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theburningreptile View Post
    :::::::::::::::::::::::::::SPOILERS::::::::::::

Alright, i'm about to do the first heist mission and do i have to complete all of Franklins current missions before getting access to the call or do i just wait for the call without having to do his missions up to this point? BTW This game is nothing short of amazing.
    You have to do all of each guys current missions to set up for a heist I'm pretty sure, as well as make sure you have adequate stats. I was waiting around for ages to do a certain heist, finally got the phone call as soon as Franklins gun skill increased. Check your texts often, they usually help getting shit together to organize your missions.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I'm the luckiest bastard in San Andreas evidently. I had zero plans to get this game and now I magically have it due to a fuck up on my friend's order which got him two copies - one free of charge. LOL.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Having a hard time with the aiming reticule. Can barely see the dot. Other than that, its awesome.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    They had that problem in the halo reach beta iirc. They were forced to fix it in in the finished game. I cant aim for shit with it either.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    So, as someone who has yet to play it, I'm curious to know how you guys feel about he whole character switching thing. I'm hoping it's cool, but my worry is that it will make the story/game experience feel kind of fragmented and split up. So how are people liking it so far?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Grand Theft Auto

Yeah the aiming is rough, it's real bad in a car