Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Grand Theft Auto

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Grand Theft Auto

With the announcement of GTA 5 a little while ago, we can't NOT have a GTA thread.

Also, they just announced the price and release date for GTA 3 for Android and iOS. December 15th for $4.99.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    V looks hyper realistic and fun. I've not played much of Rockstar's number one series but I did love them when i did. I've only ever touched IV ad downloaded San Andreas from the Xbox Marketplace.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    V looks hyper realistic and fun. I've not played much of Rockstar's number one series but I did love them when i did. I've only ever touched IV ad downloaded San Andreas from the Xbox Marketplace.
    why in the fuck aren't you playing san andreas at this very fucking moment.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by twilight explosion View Post
    why in the fuck aren't you playing san andreas at this very fucking moment.
    Lack of time and patience tbh.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    The trailer for GTAV reminds me of Max Payne 3's trailer.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I recently busted oiut my San Andreas hard copy due to excitement from this. Looks great. Hoping there's a little more focus in this one, than in 4.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    IV was overwhelming. I recently played it again and finally beat it (for some reason I always lost interest in the main story after getting to Alderney) and I'm still shocked by what a massive beast that game is. There's so much to do and see, and I've barely scraped the surface. The thought that V could top it (and I'm sure it will) is almost unimaginable.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    I have IV but I haven't really played it that much. It's badly optimized for PCs and mine won't run it smoothly. So like most other games that don't run flawlessly on my machine, it sits nicely on the shelf until I upgrade. Not to mention the social club bullshit and windows live crap that won't run but wouldn't tell me why. (I had to flip switches in my Services to make it work).

I played the shit out of III, Vice City and San Andreas though.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    GTA2 is my favourite. I think i'm halfway through IV, i play it 2-3 days then there may be a pause for a month.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I really should go back and finish San Andreas.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    should go back and finish San Andreas.

you will see a really sloppy ending. it might have been a parody for some movie i haven't seen, but i was really disappointed with how the storytelling evolved in 3rd city.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    GTA3 didn't even have much of an ending though, heh. Get the girl, kill the baddies, kill the girl.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenAkenobi View Post

you will see a really sloppy ending. it might have been a parody for some movie i haven't seen, but i was really disappointed with how the storytelling evolved in 3rd city.
    San Andreas was great but I didn't like the whole chapter in Las Venturas. I can see why it was necessary, especially since R* were going for the grand effect with that huge map and all the diverse areas to travel through, but I always get bored after the desert and just want to skip straight to the finale back in Los Santos.

Some people are speculating that there will be more than one city in V, as apparently in the early press releases of San Andreas they didn't reveal right away that there was more than just Los Santos. I'd love it if there were two major cities and some countryside between them. Maybe San Fierro or a new city entirely? There's some speculating about a representation of San Diego or San Jose. I think the reasoning was that if you can fly planes (which it looks like you can) it would make sense to have more than one airport, and in the trailer there's a major international highway that in real life goes between Los Angeles and San Diego. Need more details!!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Wouldn't be surprised to see the other cities. If IV can have Alderney, then I don't see why V can't have San Fierro and Las Venturas.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Just bought IV, i have a pretty decent PC but the game is pretty much unplayable, 20/30 mins of play before screen freeze, pain-in-the-ass windows live-social club bullshit. Kinda pisses me off the developers are allowed to port unplayable half-assed pc games and get away with it, regardess of the patches they release after.
    Anway, the entire GTA series is 10 quid on Steam at the mo, so it's not exatly a waste of money.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    It's somehow weird to imagine these games online...even though I know well how it is on RDR.

Is it fun online?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    YES. FINALLY. GTA 3 is coming to the PSN on July 31st - in North America, at least.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/07/...tation-network

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenAkenobi View Post

Story was never the strongest in GTA, IMO. Its about being a badass, with a few laughs inbetween. That's gta to me anyway. I'll be scooping this up most likely. Hopefully they do this with the others as well.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    well, i honestly enjoyed the story in "Liberty City Stories" (PS2), because... Salvatore. yes. such a pillar of man. when the game's end credits rolled i regretted i couldn't shake his hand and ask for autograph.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magrão View Post
    It's somehow weird to imagine these games online...even though I know well how it is on RDR.

Is it fun online?
    GTA IV was some of the most fun I've had online. I'll never forget some of the times I had in free roam.

Its really something when you're on a server of random people and something happens that looks straight out of a movie. Completely unscripted movie like moments. They're rare but I've only found them in GTA.

EDIT: I'm mostly excited for GTAV to see what R* learned and what they do to improve multiplayer.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Considering what they did for RDR and Payne. I think it's got serious potential.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)

I just picked this up recently, i think these collections are mostly out of print but i managed to stumble across it at a department store... 14.99 and I've now got PC versions of the original top down games. XD (I know that GTA and GTA2 i think are freeware from Rockstar Games but i still wanted retail copies and I had never played London before)

Having these now pretty much completes my collection of the main games, i have 3, Vice City and San Andreas all for PC except i have IV on PS3.

I don't have any of the DLC or "Stories" games though but i do have Chinatown Wars on my iPod.
    Last edited by thelastdisciple; 07-30-2012 at 12:09 PM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I played the shit out of III and IV. I have had RDR for about a month now and I cannot find the time to keep playing it consistently. I'll wait a bit before I get V.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Gta v

Grand Theft Auto Fucking Five.
    Can. Not. Wait.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wow, those screen shots look impressive. I hope the gameplay is similar to IV. Loved 2, loved 3, HATED Vice City & San Andreas, loved IV.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    This looks fantastic and all, vut theres already a gta thread on this page of this section...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Shit my bad, I checked every where BUT the first page.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    These screenshots are so cash. I am excited omg
    But I still doubt we'll see it this year; even if their projected release date (whenever they choose to announce it) falls in or before December, they always delay their projects anywhere from two to six months.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    This looks fantastic and all, vut theres already a gta thread on this page of this section...

For convenience

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    So, apparently a former Rockerstar employee is leaking out GTA 5 information. Here's a link. Hard to say how much of it is true, but if it is true, this is shaping up to be a really awesome title.

http://m.ign.com/wikis/grand-theft-a...mors_and_Leaks

Ex-Rockstar Information Leak

An Examiner article publicized a large chunk of GTA5-related rumors, stating the following:
    "It has recently been brought to our attention that a poster over on the official GameSpot forums have posted a massive list of unreleased information about the future title, Grand Theft Auto V. Through a post, that has since been deleted by the forum moderators over on the GameSpot forum, along with the poster, a user by the name of Gloggle has revealed that he is a friend of an ex-RockStar employee that was fired for misconduct. Now, it seems that the ex-RockStar employee now has the intentions of leaking information on GTA V."[9]
    As for the information that was listed, you can find the post as a whole below or you can view a Google cache versionhere.

Warning: Number 8 on the list contains spoilers of past Rockstar titles (RDR and L.A Noire).

1. The protagonist will be one character, and one character alone. His name is (as some rumours said) Albert De Silva. He's a half hispanic man who was once part of a crime family in Vice City. He decided to settle down and have kids in Los Santos. He has one son called Kevin De Silva who is your stereotypical CoD player. He's lazy, useless and shouts racial abuse online and is really into FPS games. Kevin does admire his Dad though.
    2. Multiplayer will hold 32 people on the Xbox and PS3. I wasn't told how many were able to be on the PC. Just like in RDR, players will be able to form Gangs. These gangs are not ranked through XP anymore, but via Reputation. Instead of gang hideouts, you can do jobs that range from robbing a launderette to breaking into a military base and stealing state-of-the-art weaponary. The Gang leader has much more control over his or her gang by being able to rank members of their gang and setting more specific objectives to specific members of their gang. Gangs can have their own terratory but this only applies to areas inside the city of Los Santos.
    3. The map is about 5x as large as the GTA IV map and the City of Los Santos takes up just under half of this area (so it's a bit bigger than 2 GTA IV Liberty Cities). The map is (like most GTAs) seperated into three different sections.
    4. Planes are flyable, they range from World War 2 fighter planes to Private Jets.
    5. Cars and guns are customisable to an extent, for example, you can customise a gun to have a supressor on it and you can install nitrous into cars.

Here's some stuff you might like:

1. The protagonist is the "rich guy" from the GTA V debut trailer. You get to learn more about this man in the second when he talks about his troubles. You only see the protagonist twice in the trailer. First time is the side of his face and second time is when he is driving a Deceptor (Audi R8). The people robbing the jewellery store are just with the protagonist. He is driving the van ready to get away.
    2. Gunfights are more realistic. When you are shooting a gun out of a window of a car, depending on how fast it's going you will have troubles aiming due to shaking cameras.
    3. The game is due in May 2013. A more specific date has not been decided because the game is still needing 6 months to be fully developed. They will have a playable demo at E3.
    4. Police chases are now way more than either running or driving. Depending on how wanted you are, police may bring out riot shields and flash bangs.
    5. When someone reaches 4 star wanted level, there will be a radio warning on some stations.
    6. Radio stations now do traffic reports that are actually correct. So if you don't know what route to take, you can check the traffic reports on your phone or the radio.
    7. The in-game TV now has many more channels.
    8. The protagonist DOES NOT die unlike in Red Dead Redemption and L.A. Noire.
    9. The underworld actually has a working economy that you can contribute to by buying and selling drugs, weapons and illegal cars in single player.
    10. The protagonist can take drugs which will have some effects. But smoking weed on the streetwalk will lead to getting a one star wanted level.
    11. Police cars will go after you if you're obviousely breaking the speed limit. Having high speed crashes will also damage your health.

Wanted levels:
    1 star - police follow you on foot and try to make an arrest. No sirens, no car chases (unless you are speeding).
    2 star - police will still attempt to make an arrest. If a weapon is drawn then the police will begin opening fire. Police will use stun guns if a weapon is not drawn.
    3 star - Chases begin and the police don't care how they stop you, they just want to do it.
    4 star - road traps, radio stations and much more hostile police.Even when you have evaded them, they will still search for 24 in-game hours for someone matching your description.
    5 star - shoot to kill, arrest only if it's made very possible. Even when you have evaded them, they will still search for 48 in-game hours for someone matching your description. Few missions become unavailable if you are wanted.
    6 star - military vehicles come after you. Even when you have evaded them, they will still search for 72 in-game hours for someone matching your description. Some missions become unavailable if you are wanted.
    Sorry it's so huge! Thought I'd save everyone having to click the link. Also, trailer #2 is coming next week!
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 11-07-2012 at 01:59 PM.