Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: Grand Theft Auto

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Finished the double RP weekend at level 76, the last push to 100 is going to take forever.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somethingelse View Post
    Finally saw this, and joined the group. Thank you!

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    So I was playing GTA Online on my xbox last night and I was running around in an open lobby and a guy came up and raped me.

Yup.

A modder somehow modeled a character with his pants around his ankles and he bent me over and raped my character. I laughed so hard I thought I was going to get sick, I have no idea how he managed to do it but yeah.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Oh my. This is horrible. Don't shower and go straight to your nearest hospital ASAP.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Welp, time to create a new character modeled after Detective Stabler from SVU and go around solving virtual rapes.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I'm surprised raping wasn't in the game already. You can do just about everything else.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I like GTA V, it's a technical marvel and has a nice, breaking bad esque melancholy feel that the other games didn't - but I just don't like it as much as San Andreas. I'm not sure if I just got older or what. I miss the gang wars a lot & the soundtrack isn't as good (plus is it me or can you not mod characters and vehicles as extensively?). Plus I think the hospitals are just too far apart and the loading times are too long - for example trying to steal a jetfighter becomes an exercise in tedium because if you die it's a massive drive back to sandy shores to get the heli, or it's a long wait while you reload the file

I want to believe but I just can't get into it as much. Plus that 90s hip hop station on SA was sooo good.

I remember just playing SA every day for hours having sieges with the cops and long chases, but I can never play V for more than an hour every now and then

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    So, the first person mode in the next-gen GTA V looks AMAZING!

http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/11/04...person-trailer

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    So I was playing GTA Online on my xbox last night and I was running around in an open lobby and a guy came up and raped me.

Yup.

A modder somehow modeled a character with his pants around his ankles and he bent me over and raped my character. I laughed so hard I thought I was going to get sick, I have no idea how he managed to do it but yeah.
    LOL How did that happen? I am in between GTA 5 and stuck on Trevor, as Michael and Franklin are "laying low" after the heist. Trevor is boring and pisses me off. I can't even make him look prettier

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Triggermine View Post

Yes! I haven't been excited about the re-master since I sold my copy for Ps3, citing lack of time.. but something about seeing the game in first person made my brain go "Grand Theft Skyrim?!" and then I got tingles.. might have to temper that feeling down until we hear more.. but its still a very pretty game.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Triggermine View Post

this plus an Oculus Rift could be great

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    http://au.ign.com/articles/2014/12/0...-to-sell-gta-5

"It's a game that encourages players to murder women for entertainment. The incentive is to commit sexual violence against women, then abuse or kill them to proceed or get 'health' points"

ಠ_ಠ

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somethingelse View Post
    http://au.ign.com/articles/2014/12/0...-to-sell-gta-5

"It's a game that encourages players to murder women for entertainment. The incentive is to commit sexual violence against women, then abuse or kill them to proceed or get 'health' points"

ಠ_ಠ
    Goddamned victim complex. Those people could find a reason to bitch about goddamned candy crush.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Finally got GTA V, it is a helluva game. Just up to some of the Trevor missions, holy crap the Rampage one where you have to get 25 kills with that time limit, it took me fucking forever. Must've died like 100 times, ridiculous. Then of course later on trying to fly that damn plane, definitely crashed it a few times before i figured it out not to mention landing successfully.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    Finally got GTA V, it is a helluva game. Just up to some of the Trevor missions, holy crap the Rampage one where you have to get 25 kills with that time limit, it took me fucking forever. Must've died like 100 times, ridiculous. Then of course later on trying to fly that damn plane, definitely crashed it a few times before i figured it out not to mention landing successfully.
    The plane piloting controls are ass. That was one of the few things I did manage to complete when I owned the game (all the TP Industries arms race missions). They were hard and boring, even though there were only 10 (I think?).

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I'm getting better at the helicopters and with the planes i managed to fly under a few bridges so that's a start lol

60% along with GTA V at the moment.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Just so you know, if you're interested in the online, there's an Echoing the Sound crew you can join. No idea how active anyone here is across what consoles though, but you could get your character to wear a 2013 NIN logo, and that's cool.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    Just so you know, if you're interested in the online, there's an Echoing the Sound crew you can join. No idea how active anyone here is across what consoles though, but you could get your character to wear a 2013 NIN logo, and that's cool.
    Yeah i had a look at that, didn't seem active but yeah as far as Online goes oh man am i ever terrible at it so far. I honestly don't understand what's even going on sometimes in there like while in freemode you can go passive to say you're not interested in any combat while you're figuring other stuff out, deciding what jobs to take etc. i was under the impression you were given some kind of invincibility but all the red psychotic assholes always end up killing me. It's like i just go to get my car from the insurance lot or whatever and some bastard comes out of nowhere and plants stickybombs on the car just as I'm leaving the lot. Never seem to have a chance and the matchmaking has been irritating me, i try to start a job or mission with low level players... the invites get sent out but no one ever fucking responds to them so i can finally play something. Also when i say i want low level folks... match me up with low level folks, not dudes that are level 300+...... that's no fun for anybody just starting out.

Went to go rob a store, oh gotta turn passive off i guess and all of a sudden..............sniped. FFS!

Unless i just completely can't grasp how this whole thing is supposed to work.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'm about 61% completed, only got 10 of the main missions to do then it's the side ones to complete, haven't really bothered with the online, done a few races but that's been it

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Yeah i had a look at that, didn't seem active but yeah as far as Online goes oh man am i ever terrible at it so far. I honestly don't understand what's even going on sometimes in there like while in freemode you can go passive to say you're not interested in any combat while you're figuring other stuff out, deciding what jobs to take etc. i was under the impression you were given some kind of invincibility but all the red psychotic assholes always end up killing me. It's like i just go to get my car from the insurance lot or whatever and some bastard comes out of nowhere and plants stickybombs on the car just as I'm leaving the lot. Never seem to have a chance and the matchmaking has been irritating me, i try to start a job or mission with low level players... the invites get sent out but no one ever fucking responds to them so i can finally play something. Also when i say i want low level folks... match me up with low level folks, not dudes that are level 300+...... that's no fun for anybody just starting out.

Went to go rob a store, oh gotta turn passive off i guess and all of a sudden..............sniped. FFS!

Unless i just completely can't grasp how this whole thing is supposed to work.
    Yeah that’s the downfall with passive mode is that as soon as you get in a car, you rid yourself of it and are open to be attacked again. It only works if you’re walking and LS is way too big a place to “just” walk through.

As for the Hard as Nails crew, I have been wondering how many people are active on it myself as well. If anyone wants to play with, my GT is on my profile and I’m on the XB1.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    60hrs playing Story Mode and 90% complete.

My Online dude is nearly lvl 18, finally scooped up enough cash for an apartment lol starting to get a handle on how things work in there.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    60hrs playing Story Mode and 90% complete.

My Online dude is nearly lvl 18, finally scooped up enough cash for an apartment lol starting to get a handle on how things work in there.
    If you're on PS4, I'll totally do online with you. My PSN is Copyofacopyofa.

I've been re-doing the story mode on PS4 after having played it on 360 and forgot how much I hate the mission as Trevor where you basically get to play Dock Worker Simulator: 2013 (New 2014 Edition!).

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I'm afraid I've just got the PS3 version, I'm cheap as fuck...... haha

Also.... just ran into this guy.

IMPOTENT RAGE!

EDIT: Just finished collecting all the nuclear waste with the submarine, damn that took way too long.

EDIT: Stumbled across Niko Bellic's Lifeinvader profile, haha neat GTA IV easter egg.

EDIT: I found a mime!

Meanwhile....

This

http://instagram.com/p/xzF4q1Ha00/
    Last edited by thelastdisciple; 01-13-2015 at 12:23 PM.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    http://www.rockstargames.com/newswir...stspc_02242015

Heists March 10. I'll believe it when I've finished playing all of them and had a day to recover and know that I didn't dream it.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Yeah I wouldn't be surprised at all if that date got delayed. Did play some online last night with a couple friends to get back into it a bit before the heists come. Had a lot of fun just screwing around and doing some missions. Kinda forgot that the online is fun as shit with friends, just needed an extended break from it I guess.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Trying to play Heists last night was a shit show. My 3 friends got through the first 2 player one but by the time I was able to get online everything was fucked. We could start the first 4 person one but it would start kicking us out after the cut scene.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Anyone get the PC version of GTA V?

How are you liking it?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I got the PC version on release and I'd say it is definitely the best version of the game and the PC port is really good too (on GTX 780 with graphics options set for Very High/High it runs 60+ fps). I bought the game first when it was released on X360, while I enjoyed playing the game then, now I couldn't go back playing it on it. The difference in gameplay is pretty big between them, higher frame rate and graphics really makes the game much more enjoyable experience.
    Last edited by Ax Mr. L; 04-16-2015 at 10:38 PM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    I think Rockstar (or whoever did the port) deserves massive props for optimizing the game. I have cheapest 250$ Lenovo laptop with dedicated graphics card (GeForce 820N) and I can run the game alright. Everything looks like shit, but I don't care, I can play the game. This notebook have problems even with TF2 so I was genuinely surprised I was able to run this.