Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Grand Theft Auto

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clownboat View Post
    I'm loving most of the radio stations, though the Mexican one is really obnoxious to me. I wish FlyLo's station was a bit better, as that is half the reason why I wanted the game in the first place. Soulwax is quality and both rap stations are great, but I think the true hidden gem is Lowdown FM. "California Soul" being included makes the game legendary in my eyes.

That said, I gotta be honest: The best thing about the game's music is the original score. I love all of the ambient music. The stuff that plays during loading screens, during missions, while paused in the menu... It's all excellent. Like, seriously good stuff. I can't praise it highly enough. I really hope Rockstar releases it as an album or three very soon.
    I think DJ Shadow did the score, and it will be released as a collection with the soundtrack.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    LOL at some people on the net saying the main storyline is 'too short'. I'm about 18 hours played and at like 55% completion. Need to recruit some of these people for my crew, could always use a couple social giants that are online 24/7 to beef up the money pot lol.

Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    LOL at some people on the net saying the main storyline is 'too short'. I'm about 18 hours played and at like 55% completion. Need to recruit some of these people for my crew, could always use a couple social giants that are online 24/7 to beef up the money pot lol.
    Really? I've clocked about 13 hours total and am only around 38%. I don't even really play this game everyday for hours on end. I haven't even really touched it since Tuesday. People that complain it's too short are probably people that buy a game on launch and are done with it a few days later. I've never understood why people do that.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The likeness to Jack Nicholson is intentional, there's an unlockable clothing item, the Overlook Jacket, straight outta The Shining.

Has anyone signed up to the Rockstar Social Club yet? Checking out other peoples Snapmatic posts and comparing the stuff you do to the stuff your friends do is actually pretty interesting.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Any more talk about creating an ETS crew?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    I wouldn't say it was TOO short, but it's definitely the shortest of the 3D GTA games.

Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FernandoDante View Post
    None but I'm game for it since GTA Online Launch is tomorrow. I won't hold my breath for the launch though. I'm sure it'll be an overpopulated, crowded mess. Probably won't work properly for weeks.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    At least they're not launching it on a weekend. That gives us a SLIGHTLY better chance that people will be busy with like work or school or whatever

I'm totally down for an ETS crew, btw.
    Last edited by ibanez33; 09-30-2013 at 08:30 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FernandoDante View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ibanez33 View Post
    I'm totally down for an ETS crew, btw.
    It's been up for a while.

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/hard_as_nails

Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sa_nick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaned View Post
    Awesome, just joined! My username is Chowderhawk.
    Me as well.

SPACESUICIDE on there so same.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Oh, shit, I totally missed that if it was posted. I'm joined as GarrettR

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sa_nick View Post
    Right on! Joining.

how does the Crew avatar or logo or whatever system work?
    Last edited by FernandoDante; 10-01-2013 at 05:30 AM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Joined. XMD5a8000.

I created a character for Online but haven't been able to get much further than that. The servers are likely being hammered.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Neither have I. Pretty much stopped after the character creation. Characters name is Heisenberg. Hope to play with you all soon! I hope they fix it soon too.

Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Launch is an utter failure as I predicted. Never made it past character customization (which kinda sucks by the way) and pretty much stalled there. I don't expect to even touch online until the end of the month. Oh well. Whatever.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Jesus, talk about fail.

Why can't they just give us the option to not race on the first mission?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Launch is an utter failure as I predicted. Never made it past character customization (which kinda sucks by the way) and pretty much stalled there. I don't expect to even touch online until the end of the month. Oh well. Whatever.
    Yeah I couldn't get past character creation either and yeah, it kind of sucks anyway. I still have a lot of the story to finish so I'm not too bothered by this, but I was looking forward to tearing up Los Santos with a few friends tonight

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    I got up to rank 4 but then I tried to enter a race and it loaded forever, exited to dashboard and went back into it and it said the network was down. since then it's been spotty but still playable for me.

*edit* the crew logo maker is a fickle bitch but I made a NIN logo, should I add it to the crew for now until someone can make a proper ETS one or something?
    Last edited by ibanez33; 10-01-2013 at 06:47 PM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I could only get through character creation. And what the fuck was that? With thebgenealogicsl lifestylr bullshit? Just let me build my character!

Whats the name of our crew again? Hard as Nails. PS3?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    R* username: RyzoInnit
    XBL: RyanCoolGal

Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    It's really insulting to see many people on my friends list actually playing and getting achievements for online and I can't even do the first fucking race tutorial thing.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Seeing the amount of butthurt on my Twitter feed about people being unable to play this part of this video game within the first like 12 hours of it being released is makin' me chuckle.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I got in finally. Took forever for it to find someone to join the first race. After we finished the first couple missions I accidentally punched the player in my lobby in the face and then he killed me. Seems like it's gonna be awesome playing with friends

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The servers are killing me, I read online is awesome. Anyone in a crew? Do we need an ETS crew?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    we have an ETS crew @ericy210 http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/hard_as_nails

I haven't been able to play with my friends yet and it takes ages to load but once I get into online it works great, I'm having a blast so far. I don't know why some people are so upset not being able to play live, virtually every AAA title is like this on launch day, and given the scale of this game and how many people are trying to play, I'll bet it's going to be this way through the weekend. It'll probably pick up a LITTLE BIT soon, but not much.

*edit* I'm having some issues with my Crew management though, specifically changing the emblem. Every time I publish a new emblem to my crew it doesn't load properly, displays as a broken image for a sec and then goes back to the last emblem we had. I'm sure that'll come together soon enough too, though.
    Last edited by ibanez33; 10-01-2013 at 09:40 PM.

Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ibanez33 View Post
    I don't know why some people are so upset not being able to play live, virtually every AAA title is like this on launch day, and given the scale of this game and how many people are trying to play, I'll bet it's going to be this way through the weekend. It'll probably pick up a LITTLE BIT soon, but not much.
    Of course and we've come to expect it but to be honest, it shouldn't be something we're intended to expect. In the past, the game I bought on launch and what was advertised was the final product worked and nothing was missing or unfinished that needed a patch.

I bought a game full price the day after launch and to not have a part of it working just seems like lazy, unfocused shoved out the door material. I appreciate they released it 6 months behind schedule to further fine tune it but to release it and not have the online go live 2 weeks after launch and on launch day it still doesn't equal the full game that I bought due to widespread server failures? I'm not mad or 'butthurt' but I don't see why they weren't ontop of this. This isn't Activision or any other company. Rockstar takes pride in their shit in top form. I'll just say I'm disappointed by the experience thus far.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Just joined hard as nails or whatever. wethermen on ps3.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Oh good, a PS3 system update.

Anyway, trying again in a few minutes. FernandoDante13

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Nothing doing for half an hour, so I played some golf.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Thanks to everybody who joined hard as nails.
    its a xbox and ps3 crew but that does not matter everybody gets the xp and unlockable stuff together.
    thats what is cool about it ,everyone will get ranked up till the spaces are full so tell your friends to join.
    my tag on xbox is halo collector if you want to be friends .
    and anybody wants to do logos you can you have the power .