Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 LastLast
Results 511 to 540 of 566

Thread: Grand Theft Auto

  1. #511
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    455
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I'm surprised raping wasn't in the game already. You can do just about everything else.

  2. #512
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,722
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I like GTA V, it's a technical marvel and has a nice, breaking bad esque melancholy feel that the other games didn't - but I just don't like it as much as San Andreas. I'm not sure if I just got older or what. I miss the gang wars a lot & the soundtrack isn't as good (plus is it me or can you not mod characters and vehicles as extensively?). Plus I think the hospitals are just too far apart and the loading times are too long - for example trying to steal a jetfighter becomes an exercise in tedium because if you die it's a massive drive back to sandy shores to get the heli, or it's a long wait while you reload the file

    I want to believe but I just can't get into it as much. Plus that 90s hip hop station on SA was sooo good.

    I remember just playing SA every day for hours having sieges with the cops and long chases, but I can never play V for more than an hour every now and then

  3. #513
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everett, WA
    Posts
    721
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    So, the first person mode in the next-gen GTA V looks AMAZING!

    http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/11/04...person-trailer

  4. #514
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    22
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    So I was playing GTA Online on my xbox last night and I was running around in an open lobby and a guy came up and raped me.

    Yup.

    A modder somehow modeled a character with his pants around his ankles and he bent me over and raped my character. I laughed so hard I thought I was going to get sick, I have no idea how he managed to do it but yeah.
    LOL How did that happen? I am in between GTA 5 and stuck on Trevor, as Michael and Franklin are "laying low" after the heist. Trevor is boring and pisses me off. I can't even make him look prettier

  5. #515
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cardiff, Wales
    Posts
    735
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Triggermine View Post
    So, the first person mode in the next-gen GTA V looks AMAZING!

    http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/11/04...person-trailer
    Yes! I haven't been excited about the re-master since I sold my copy for Ps3, citing lack of time.. but something about seeing the game in first person made my brain go "Grand Theft Skyrim?!" and then I got tingles.. might have to temper that feeling down until we hear more.. but its still a very pretty game.

  6. #516
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Somerset, UK
    Posts
    1,005
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Triggermine View Post
    So, the first person mode in the next-gen GTA V looks AMAZING!

    http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/11/04...person-trailer

    this plus an Oculus Rift could be great

  7. #517
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    294
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    http://au.ign.com/articles/2014/12/0...-to-sell-gta-5

    "It's a game that encourages players to murder women for entertainment. The incentive is to commit sexual violence against women, then abuse or kill them to proceed or get 'health' points"


    ಠ_ಠ

  8. #518
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    4,824
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somethingelse View Post
    http://au.ign.com/articles/2014/12/0...-to-sell-gta-5

    "It's a game that encourages players to murder women for entertainment. The incentive is to commit sexual violence against women, then abuse or kill them to proceed or get 'health' points"


    ಠ_ಠ
    Goddamned victim complex. Those people could find a reason to bitch about goddamned candy crush.

  9. #519
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    2,441
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Finally got GTA V, it is a helluva game. Just up to some of the Trevor missions, holy crap the Rampage one where you have to get 25 kills with that time limit, it took me fucking forever. Must've died like 100 times, ridiculous. Then of course later on trying to fly that damn plane, definitely crashed it a few times before i figured it out not to mention landing successfully.

  10. #520
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    10,403
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    Finally got GTA V, it is a helluva game. Just up to some of the Trevor missions, holy crap the Rampage one where you have to get 25 kills with that time limit, it took me fucking forever. Must've died like 100 times, ridiculous. Then of course later on trying to fly that damn plane, definitely crashed it a few times before i figured it out not to mention landing successfully.
    The plane piloting controls are ass. That was one of the few things I did manage to complete when I owned the game (all the TP Industries arms race missions). They were hard and boring, even though there were only 10 (I think?).

  11. #521
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    2,441
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    I'm getting better at the helicopters and with the planes i managed to fly under a few bridges so that's a start lol

    60% along with GTA V at the moment.

  12. #522
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    4,424
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    Finally got GTA V, it is a helluva game. Just up to some of the Trevor missions, holy crap the Rampage one where you have to get 25 kills with that time limit, it took me fucking forever. Must've died like 100 times, ridiculous. Then of course later on trying to fly that damn plane, definitely crashed it a few times before i figured it out not to mention landing successfully.
    Just so you know, if you're interested in the online, there's an Echoing the Sound crew you can join. No idea how active anyone here is across what consoles though, but you could get your character to wear a 2013 NIN logo, and that's cool.

  13. #523
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    2,441
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    Just so you know, if you're interested in the online, there's an Echoing the Sound crew you can join. No idea how active anyone here is across what consoles though, but you could get your character to wear a 2013 NIN logo, and that's cool.
    Yeah i had a look at that, didn't seem active but yeah as far as Online goes oh man am i ever terrible at it so far. I honestly don't understand what's even going on sometimes in there like while in freemode you can go passive to say you're not interested in any combat while you're figuring other stuff out, deciding what jobs to take etc. i was under the impression you were given some kind of invincibility but all the red psychotic assholes always end up killing me. It's like i just go to get my car from the insurance lot or whatever and some bastard comes out of nowhere and plants stickybombs on the car just as I'm leaving the lot. Never seem to have a chance and the matchmaking has been irritating me, i try to start a job or mission with low level players... the invites get sent out but no one ever fucking responds to them so i can finally play something. Also when i say i want low level folks... match me up with low level folks, not dudes that are level 300+...... that's no fun for anybody just starting out.

    Went to go rob a store, oh gotta turn passive off i guess and all of a sudden..............sniped. FFS!

    Unless i just completely can't grasp how this whole thing is supposed to work.

  14. #524
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ayrshire
    Posts
    254
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'm about 61% completed, only got 10 of the main missions to do then it's the side ones to complete, haven't really bothered with the online, done a few races but that's been it

  15. #525
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    A Warm Place
    Posts
    530
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    Yeah i had a look at that, didn't seem active but yeah as far as Online goes oh man am i ever terrible at it so far. I honestly don't understand what's even going on sometimes in there like while in freemode you can go passive to say you're not interested in any combat while you're figuring other stuff out, deciding what jobs to take etc. i was under the impression you were given some kind of invincibility but all the red psychotic assholes always end up killing me. It's like i just go to get my car from the insurance lot or whatever and some bastard comes out of nowhere and plants stickybombs on the car just as I'm leaving the lot. Never seem to have a chance and the matchmaking has been irritating me, i try to start a job or mission with low level players... the invites get sent out but no one ever fucking responds to them so i can finally play something. Also when i say i want low level folks... match me up with low level folks, not dudes that are level 300+...... that's no fun for anybody just starting out.

    Went to go rob a store, oh gotta turn passive off i guess and all of a sudden..............sniped. FFS!

    Unless i just completely can't grasp how this whole thing is supposed to work.
    Yeah that’s the downfall with passive mode is that as soon as you get in a car, you rid yourself of it and are open to be attacked again. It only works if you’re walking and LS is way too big a place to “just” walk through.


    As for the Hard as Nails crew, I have been wondering how many people are active on it myself as well. If anyone wants to play with, my GT is on my profile and I’m on the XB1.

  16. #526
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    2,441
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    60hrs playing Story Mode and 90% complete.

    My Online dude is nearly lvl 18, finally scooped up enough cash for an apartment lol starting to get a handle on how things work in there.

  17. #527
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    4,424
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    60hrs playing Story Mode and 90% complete.

    My Online dude is nearly lvl 18, finally scooped up enough cash for an apartment lol starting to get a handle on how things work in there.
    If you're on PS4, I'll totally do online with you. My PSN is Copyofacopyofa.

    I've been re-doing the story mode on PS4 after having played it on 360 and forgot how much I hate the mission as Trevor where you basically get to play Dock Worker Simulator: 2013 (New 2014 Edition!).

  18. #528
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    2,441
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    I'm afraid I've just got the PS3 version, I'm cheap as fuck...... haha

    Also.... just ran into this guy.

    IMPOTENT RAGE!



    EDIT: Just finished collecting all the nuclear waste with the submarine, damn that took way too long.

    EDIT: Stumbled across Niko Bellic's Lifeinvader profile, haha neat GTA IV easter egg.

    EDIT: I found a mime!


    Meanwhile....

    This

    http://instagram.com/p/xzF4q1Ha00/
    Last edited by thelastdisciple; 01-13-2015 at 12:23 PM.

  19. #529
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    4,424
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    http://www.rockstargames.com/newswir...stspc_02242015

    Heists March 10. I'll believe it when I've finished playing all of them and had a day to recover and know that I didn't dream it.

  20. #530
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Lancaster, PA
    Posts
    1,340
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Yeah I wouldn't be surprised at all if that date got delayed. Did play some online last night with a couple friends to get back into it a bit before the heists come. Had a lot of fun just screwing around and doing some missions. Kinda forgot that the online is fun as shit with friends, just needed an extended break from it I guess.

  21. #531
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Lancaster, PA
    Posts
    1,340
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Trying to play Heists last night was a shit show. My 3 friends got through the first 2 player one but by the time I was able to get online everything was fucked. We could start the first 4 person one but it would start kicking us out after the cut scene.

  22. #532
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    2,441
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Anyone get the PC version of GTA V?

    How are you liking it?

  23. #533
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    128
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I got the PC version on release and I'd say it is definitely the best version of the game and the PC port is really good too (on GTX 780 with graphics options set for Very High/High it runs 60+ fps). I bought the game first when it was released on X360, while I enjoyed playing the game then, now I couldn't go back playing it on it. The difference in gameplay is pretty big between them, higher frame rate and graphics really makes the game much more enjoyable experience.
    Last edited by Ax Mr. L; 04-16-2015 at 10:38 PM.

  24. #534
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Czech Republic
    Posts
    682
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    I think Rockstar (or whoever did the port) deserves massive props for optimizing the game. I have cheapest 250$ Lenovo laptop with dedicated graphics card (GeForce 820N) and I can run the game alright. Everything looks like shit, but I don't care, I can play the game. This notebook have problems even with TF2 so I was genuinely surprised I was able to run this.

  25. #535
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    2,441
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    So any thoughts on the remastered 3/VC/SA trilogy coming up? It's being released on November 11th supposedly.

    Screenshots and a trailer are out now.

    I think the main issues for me is that Rockstar Games are selling them full price and that on PC we're stuck using their crappy storefront and launcher.

  26. #536
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Stowe, VT
    Posts
    1,490
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    I'm excited to play them again. It's been a long time. Especially San Andreas. I miss using that fighter jet as my primary mode of transportation.

  27. #537
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    8,399
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    They are going to re-release these games, along with Skyrim, until the end of time.



    I mean…Sam Andreas is coming to game pass and I’m damn sure gonna play it, but still.

  28. #538
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    the beginning of the end
    Posts
    8,524
    Mentioned
    638 Post(s)
    I have an XBOX and GTAV and I'd REALLY like to get into it, but i'm a retro gamer. I beat Chinatown Wars, and I had the first one, but that's about it.

    So, in GTA V, I got stuck at a part where I had to chase this dude on a motorcycle and shoot him, I think. It was early in the game.

    Somebody told me that mission isn't even necessary.

    Basically, I'm wondering: can walkthroughs help you with a sprawling game like this?

  29. #539
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    2,900
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Shouldn't be $60, but I would honestly play one in full, and play some of the rest and never return to them ever again. I payed through 1, 2, 3, Vice City, and San Andreas like 5 times each, 4 I never finished and 5 I never touched.

  30. #540
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    2,441
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post

    Basically, I'm wondering: can walkthroughs help you with a sprawling game like this?
    Absolutely dude, you should be able to find distinctions in the walkthrough footage between story missions and side missions which should help.

    I can't remember the exact thing you're describing though, been a long time now since i first played the game.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions