Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Grand Theft Auto

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    so I finally dove into this game, and while I'm loving it, that torture sequence went a little too far. Was that really necessary?
    I didn't find that it went too far, but I think it went on too long. If you can figure out who the target is early on then you should be able to just take the shot instead of having to wait out through all 5 or 6 torture parts, or have an option to choose to do the torture to find out who the target is and snipe him, or go in guns-blazing and take out the 4 or 5 guys that might be the one you're after and then have to deal with a high-wanted-level escape.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I had no problem with the torture sequence. It wasn't anything to extreme in my opinion. I guess I just looked at it as a game. Don't get me wrong, I could see how the moment can be a bit to much for some, but for a game that makes fun of the american culture, I didn't look at it that way. I guess I'm just desensitized.

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    I guess the actions in the torture sequence vary... did you guys end up smashing his balls with the wrench?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I guess the actions in the torture sequence vary... did you guys end up smashing his balls with the wrench?
    LOL. That read bad.

No, I stuck to the waterboarding, the battery/jumper cables and the hammer.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    LOL. That read bad.

No, I stuck to the waterboarding, the battery/jumper cables and the hammer.
    Waterboarding, jumper cables, and pliers for me. Ripping out his teeth was pretty rough. Might play that again to see what the hammer and wrench are like. Were there any other options?

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    this is what I was talking about, and it just seemed a little over the top

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Damn, my balls flinched when I watched that. That's definitely worse than the tooth pulling or any of the other shit that I saw.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    That whole part of the game is actually very anti-torture, those of you who played the game probably heard his conversation with the victim and he made a lot of very good points about it. Most people just focus on what they want so they can be as offended as possible though.

No offense to anyone in here of course.

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    That whole part of the game is actually very anti-torture, those of you who played the game probably heard his conversation with the victim and he made a lot of very good points about it. Most people just focus on what they want so they can be as offended as possible though.

No offense to anyone in here of course.
    I thought that little speech afterwards (delivered by the game's prime psychopath) was a weak attempt to dodge responsibility for the extended torture sequence. It didn't feel entirely earnest or sincere to say the very least. For me it's not so much "is the game anti torture or pro torture" it's more "was that in incredibly bad taste and completely unnecessary and gratuitous?"

After all, I'm not playing GTA for moral lessons.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    I thought that little speech afterwards (delivered by the game's prime psychopath) was a weak attempt to dodge responsibility for the extended torture sequence. It didn't feel entirely earnest or sincere to say the very least. For me it's not so much "is the game anti torture or pro torture" it's more "was that in incredibly bad taste and completely unnecessary and gratuitous?"

After all, I'm not playing GTA for moral lessons.
    I don't think its much more vulgar than banging a hooker and then stomping her head to death so you can get your money back. The whole GTA series makes its money on being in bad taste in every unnecessary and gratuitous way possible.

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    I don't think its much more vulgar than banging a hooker and then stomping her head to death so you can get your money back.
    Well, to be fair, the game never forces you to do that in order to progress. I'm still loving the game, but this is the first time that I would actually say that the game is entirely invested in being "in bad taste in every unnecessary and gratuitous way possible." It rode an interesting line in the past, and allowed the player to go way too far, but beyond forcing you into gunfights with swarms of police officers, it left that decision up to you.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ibanez33 View Post
    Best thing about the TV is you can watch other players. Put a $9000 bounty on them or spend $7500 for the mercenaries and watch them fight for their lives. Even better if they have a mic and you send the mercenaries, you can hear them going "what the fuck? who are these guys? I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING WHY ARE THEY SHOOTING ME WHAT THE FUCK I'M DEAD WHAT HAPPENED!?!?!"
    Damn, you just got me back in the mood to play a bit more of the online mode

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Is there like an official ETS crew? I wanna join if there is.

PS3 Username: hollow_pointed

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by substanceabuse View Post
    Is there like an official ETS crew? I wanna join if there is.

PS3 Username: hollow_pointed
    It's called Hard as Nails, I know there's an xbox crew - pretty sure there is a PS3 version too.

EDIT: It's more of a NIN crew though

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Hello,

Thank you for contacting R* Games Support.
    We are unfortunately not able to verify the missing progress you reported. However, we have provided you with GTA$800,000 as a customer accommodation, and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
    Best regards,
    R*

Woah, Rockstar delivers.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I haven't played V yet, i know the graphics are a lot better but i was curious in comparison to IV does it handle the jaggies a lot better on PS3?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Someone gifted me 1,250,000. When I friended them and asked wth? They gifted me 148,000,000... A hacker? Will I get banned?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by raygunprimed View Post
    Someone gifted me 1,250,000. When I friended them and asked wth? They gifted me 148,000,000... A hacker? Will I get banned?
    The game keeps track of how you earn your money so you probably won't get banned but don't be surprised if you get a message from Rockstar saying they removed the money the guy gifted you.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    I haven't seen a single report of someone getting banned or having their money taken away.

That being said if you wanna drop some money my way my GT on xbox is idriveacavailer.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Has anyone here tried making a race or death-match with the content creator? XBL or PSN.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Has anyone here tried making a race or death-match with the content creator? XBL or PSN.
    It's hysterically fun, though no one plays player created stuff - they usually pop in once invited then leave immediately.

In other news some fine gentleman gave me 1.15 billion dollars yesterday so that's pretty sweet.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Dude, are you Raygun Brown? Holy shit!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Yes that is most definitely not me. Sorry, kind of disappointing I know.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Haha - moving on. Is is possible to somehow get the photos you take in-game?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Sure, via the Rockstar Social Club: http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/...gtav/snapmatic
    Here's a shot of @tony.parente 's haunted garage
    Attachment 331
    and one of his rides
    tp garage 2.jpg
    Last edited by somethingelse; 12-26-2013 at 09:55 PM. Reason: ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Sure, via the Rockstar Social Club: http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/...gtav/snapmatic
    Here's a shot of @tony.parente 's haunted garage
    Attachment 331
    and one of his rides
    tp garage 2.jpg

Haha how'd you get in my garage?!?!

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Kinda sucks that the photos are such small resolution.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    In regards to reports of hacking and cheating in Grand Theft Auto Online, we are working on a fix that will remove any GTA$ gained through these blatant exploits, as well as prevent this from happening in the future. We'll also be taking appropriate measures very soon to punish anyone that we've discovered manipulating GTA Online in this manner (as we've stated previously, players who have received large sums of GTA$ but not engaged in any game manipulating through exploits can rest assured knowing they have nothing to fear).

If you have been gifted a large sum of money or collected a large bounty and would like to have the money removed from your account immediately, you can submit a request to Rockstar Support to have your balance properly adjusted. Otherwise, the money you've been gifted will be removed once our upcoming fix is in place.

Furthermore, if you encounter someone that is taking advantage of exploits in your GTA Online session, you can alert us directly by using the in-game reporting functionality. In the Pause menu, under the Online tab, select Players and scroll to the offending player. From there, select Report and choose Exploits from the violation options. We appreciate the community's support and understanding as we work to address these issues and apologize for all inconvenience caused.

Thanks,
    Rockstar Games

So, it seems those of us who have been given money (I'm up to 1.4billion from glitchers) won't be banned at least. Though I do wonder what will become of the vehicles etc bought with the cash.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    @sheepdean Yeah it will suck huge amounts if they take away all the goodies purchased with modder money. I've gotten quite use to them. I'd say they wont, as a courtesy for the, erm, trouble they have caused. I've been baiting high level characters by placing a bounty on them, if they are in GOD mode or place an extreme bounty on me - I report them via that in game option. Fuck 'em.

Haha how'd you get in my garage?!?!
    I caught a ride with a random stranger, next thing I knew I was kidnapped into this garage. The stranger disappeared, and that's when weird shit starting happening. Vehicles were bouncing, fire was igniting from nothing. Very creepy indeed. I'd move if I were you mate

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    I plan on going home tonight, create about 10 different accounts and transferring 10 million to each account and then buy 10 adders/fully mod them.
    That way when they wipe my cash I can sell the adders and transfer the cash back to my main.