Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: ETS covers NIN

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)

worthy attempt.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)

This dude posted this in artistic expression a couple of years ago.
    I've been following his music ever since; his original stuff is REALLY good.

. Idk if he still reads the board of not, but I really dig this cover.
    @birfudgees is his screename
    Last edited by elevenism; 07-20-2018 at 06:23 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I posted this a few years back but I deleted my old youtube channel. Just recently I came across the file again and decided to reupload.

Back around 2011 I decided to try a cover, In the end I went with "Right Where It Belongs".

Armed with a few free VST instruments and a Guitar Hero: World Tour USB mic, I decided to give it a try.

Last edited by AkumaPlant; 07-21-2018 at 04:58 PM. Reason: Link fix

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AThousandDaysBefore View Post

I do not know what to think about this
    I really like the arrangements, the music sounds good, but the lyrics makes me feel this cover can't sound good, They dont fix with the new arrangement
    I wasn't so sure at first, so I gave it multiple chances and it really grew on me. I definitely agree with you on it sounding good.

For me, it actually works if I think of it in a sort of cynical, passive-aggressive, sarcastic mindset and approach. (Which is what I've also visualized/imagined in certain NIN songs such as Head Like A Hole and Wish.)

I imagined it in like a "So, my life's been shot to Hell. How about you?" or "Well, it's not like it can't get any worse now can it? And remember, it could always be worse." type of way.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Edit : ehh...needs more work
    Last edited by Dryalex12; 12-27-2018 at 09:40 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    made this for my partner as a christmas gift, ended up liking it enough to post it (here). hope you enjoy

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Right Where It Belongs. I do low quality minimalist covers of songs with no editing and little practice.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrodoommonkey View Post
    Right Where It Belongs. I do low quality minimalist covers of songs with no editing and little practice.

Hey man! I feel it!
    I do that sort of thing, too: doing solo acoustic covers of songs, just for fun. That totally sounds like something I would do.

Anyway, I REALLY like it. You got originals?

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    https://soundcloud.com/karen-gellend...hts-in-the-sky

Trying to join the solo acoustic cover party, but I'm having trouble uploading my stuff. This cover of Lights in the Sky seems to have turned out REALLY quiet, and I'm pretty sure i didn't record it that way? I mean, LITS is quiet in general, but not this quiet.

Oh well. I haven't done audio editing in a while and I'm pretty rusty. I'll work at it some more.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hi all

I finished my cover of The Good Soldier, the other day.
    All music performed/programmed by myself; original album vocals taken from the Year Zero multitracks.

The idea behind making this cover was to make it a fun and quick project. The goal was to FINISH it, rather than making it perfect.
    I picked this song because A) I always liked it and B) it didn’t seem that technically difficult to tackle. In the end, it did take me quite a bit longer to get it done.

I took the multitracks as a starting point for my cover. It was interesting to dissect all the layers and sounds that went into the song. Some of the things were a little more difficult to replicate, or even to find out how to play them.
    I actually tried to do the vocals myself, too. However, I had never tried singing before and, well ... That experiment failed miserably. So, I decided to leave Trent‘s vocals in there.

Anyway, hope you like the cover.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Not a cover but this is a good enough place to put it as any.

I have really been enjoying fucking around with the random NIN stems on that one site. Especially the PHM songs. TDS and TF get all the love in the thing for their meticulous layers of sound. I never realized how few elements are in some of these PHM tunes and how far TR and his producers were able to stretch them.

I've been messing around with them to pass the time. Anyways, here's Wonderwall.

https://soundcloud.com/user-27658670/nine-inch-nails-only-time-version
    Last edited by mfte; 06-13-2021 at 04:32 PM.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    faster, remastered / remix of a nin song I made way back in the long long ago

https://soundcloud.com/sirensection/only-fast-boom-boom

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Nicely done.
    Subtle vocal effects are key.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Terrible Lie Remix for fun.
    Again, using mostly only the sounds from the stems, with the exception of subtle parts from the live version.
    I've always liked how the PHM era remixes were very close to what ended up on the album, and I tried to follow that tradition.

https://soundcloud.com/user-27658670...ible-lie-remix
    Last edited by mfte; 08-02-2021 at 05:01 PM.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Friendly reminder that I have made a thread specifically about remixes and mashups as opposed to covers:

https://www.echoingthesound.org/comm...es-and-Mashups