Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: Citizenfour documentary about Edward Snowden by Laura Poitras

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Citizenfour documentary about Edward Snowden by Laura Poitras

The entire soundtrack of this movie is composed of pieces of NIN Ghosts I-IV. I have a hunch Trent is really happy about that.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    I posted that in NIN Spotting because I figured Trent wasn't directly involved with it. But I would be curious to hear his (or anyone with the group's) opinion on it.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I'd be curious too... it's kind of an unfortunate side effect of the creative commons license on Ghosts though... you're starting to see this material get used everywhere, and many times I don't think it's because it necessarily really fits, but because it's more like "hey, we don't have to pay for a soundtrack."

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I'd be curious too... it's kind of an unfortunate side effect of the creative commons license on Ghosts though... you're starting to see this material get used everywhere, and many times I don't think it's because it necessarily really fits, but because it's more like "hey, we don't have to pay for a soundtrack."
    They do have to pay if they make profit from it - student films get it for free, professional documentaries don't.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    They do have to pay if they make profit from it - student films get it for free, professional documentaries don't.
    yeah, that's why i publish all of my stuff as Creative Commons, Attribution, Non-Commercial, Share-Alike.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    woooo KONY2012!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    While I certainly hope they are paying something for the soundtrack as it is a commercial release albeit a limited one. I thought it was a good fit and helped to build the tension of the film. Edward Snowden might be the best example of a government employee biting the hand that feeds in my lifetime. That is more what I was referring to.