Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Terminator: Dark Fate was OK!

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Terminator: Dark Fate was OK!

This movie looks pretty cool.

Terminator and Terminator II: Judgement Day are two of the best action movies of all-time, IMHO. And not only is the action incredible and the films well-made, but the movies are good sci-fi with interesting stories. While I enjoyed the third and fourth Terminator movies, they were unnecessary sequels--kind of like The Godfather III. The first two movies said all that needed to be said and the sequels didn't really add much to the story/Terminator mythology.

Genisys looks pretty cool though. It takes the original story and adds a twist and reworks the original premise and adds something new to the story, something that Rise of the Machines didn't do and something that Salvation tried to do but missed the mark on.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Arnie still with the I'll be back line.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    It's a shame they didn't try to save at least some of Salvation cast for this film (future/time machine scenes). Could've scored some extra points for continuity.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Haven't seen Salvation since opening weekend back in 2009, and I know it gets a lot of flack, but I didn't think it was shit. There was a lot of potential for something greater, I enjoyed some of the new elements though overall it felt clunky and average. I think it was funny that Arnold said Salvation 'sucked' because Rise of the Machines, though not as bad as some people claim it to be, is still just an okay action movie. Nothing touches the first two, especially Judgement Day. That said, I'm looking forward to this. They're embracing the time travel plot and running with it. Although I wish they wouldn't talk about sequels yet. If it's good, then I want to see more. If not, well...wasn't Salvation also supposed to be the first in a planned trilogy?

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Salvation isn't a great movie, but at least it was an attempt at something different than Arnold. I enjoyed it for what it was worth.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i've never seen salvation, or rise of the machines. i always just pretended that things went relatively smoothly after T-2, until sarah connor chronicles started, with which i was 100% on board.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    God I hated Rise of the Machines Salvation... It was a stupid mix of Terminator, Mad Max and Transformers... That giant decepticon and its silly motobots...
    Last edited by Khrz; 04-03-2015 at 10:18 AM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I liked both part 3 and 4. 3 was just a solid movie, pretty old school , so to say. Nothing special but good for what it was. I watched part 4 at the cinema because I was forced to. It was an ok experience, though I guess if I watched it again, I would find it a little bland. I seem to remember that the John Connor in this one did nothing but look stern and walk around with a gun in hand. Christian Bale must have been a little annoyed at his marginal role, so he tried to squeeze all the juice out of it, which caused his freak out.
    The new movie smells like fail to me. I'd like it to succeed, but the series is over.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khrz View Post
    God I hated Rise of the Machines... It was a stupid mix of Terminator, Mad Max and Transformers... That giant decepticon and its silly motobots...
    You're thinking Salvation

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    The latest trailer kind of spoils a fairly big plot twist...of course it'll all get out, but I feel that this trailer is maybe a bit too long and shows a bit too much. Either way:

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    I never thought I'd hear myself say this but I'm kind of excited now. This trailer didn't grab me as much as that last TV spot (I was seriously geeking out over that one) but it is SO GOOD to see Arnold back and to see the T-1000 (!!!) come back. I don't expect this to be amazing or anything but I'm hoping to enjoy it for what it is. I'll be there opening weekend for sure.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Alright so that trailer is pretty spoilerish....but that's what I needed to get excited for this movie. I'm about the biggest fan of the first Terminator films and was not expecting much out of Genisys. But "Evil Terminator John Connor"? Count me in.

Also the fight between young and old Arnold. Yeah I'm ready for this.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    I'm kinda thinking I've seen the whole film here...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I just realized there' a good sign this movie will be great...

Being not native english speaker, in 1991 I had to learn there is a difference between "judgement" and "judgment". I remember 18-year old me, walking out of the cinema full of emotions "best movie EVER, and so quickly after Total Recall, life is amazing".

Now, 24 years later, I learned there is a difference between "genesis" and "genisys", which is a new word for me meaning... wait... name of "sinister GENISYS program". :-)
    Last edited by Substance242; 04-18-2015 at 06:12 AM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    It looks like it will obviously be better than T4...Salvation . I dont like the look of Sarah Connor from the trailer but the new John Connor looks cool.
    The trailer gives the impression this one wont be as dark as the first three. Looks somewhat more direct and almost family friendly? But overall it looks worth seeing.

Im a really really big fan of the Third Terminator from 2003. I loved the melancholic moody restrained vibe throughout, liked Nick Stahl and Clare Danes, the action scenes that were in the film were astonishing.
    T4 Salvation was one of the worst films ive ever seen. A real embarrassment in every way. Letting McGee direct? dear god. Christian Bale was totally empty in the film, Im so so glad they abandoned that planned trilogy.
    It was the Batman and Robin of the 00s except worse.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Substance242 View Post
    I just realized there' a good sign this movie will be great...

Being not native english speaker, in 1991 I had to learn there is a difference between "judgement" and "judgment". I remember 18-year old me, walking out of the cinema full of emotions "best movie EVER, and so quickly after Total Recall, life is amazing".

Now, 24 years later, I learned there is a difference between "genesis" and "genisys", which is a new word for me meaning... wait... name of "sinister GENISYS program". :-)
    wait, what? http://grammarist.com/spelling/judgment-judgement/

(not trying to be a dick...wondering what you found to be the difference between judgement and judgment)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Interesting... now I am confused. :-) I seem to remember that in my paper english-czech dictionary back then "judgement" was legal in court, and "judgment" when the world ends for everyone, you know what I mean. But, no problem.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Well this is interesting:
    https://www.yahoo.com/movies/james-c...016156362.html

Granted, Cameron probably hasn't made a great movie SINCE T2, it's still pretty cool that he approves of this one as a fan.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Hell yes, I'm pumped.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    If you're using Waze GPS navigation, you can download Arnold's voice in the program now. Cool. :-)

http://www.engadget.com/2015/06/16/arnie-waze/

(this thread because it's part of the promo)

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    That was a great prank. Arnold is still the man.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    well, I just read a review that was pretty harsh, looks like Hollywood once again managed to produce a mess of a movie.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I'm expecting it to be as bad as Rise of the Machines. The trailers look awful and the revealed plot seems highly unappetising.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    If this one is as bad as they say Rise may be considered a masterpiece afterall...

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Just saw this: laughably bad. I knew it would be, but this was so much worse than I was expecting. I haven't had my intelligence insulted by a movie this flagrantly in a long time.

It was like very bad fan fiction.
    Last edited by DF118; 06-30-2015 at 08:22 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    how much did James Cameron get paid to endorse this shite?
    how many out of style, ugly shirts did they give him?

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I'll hold off judgement until I see the film. I may be in the minority, but I really liked T4.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    I'll hold off judgement until I see the film. I may be in the minority, but I really liked T4.
    Don't worry. It's much, much worse than Salvation.