Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Terminator: Dark Fate was OK!

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Mountains in the background are the same ones she drove towards at the end of the first film too...sort of a cool throwback.
    Good catch!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Mountains in the background are the same ones she drove towards at the end of the first film too...sort of a cool throwback.

"There's a storm coming..."

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Yikes i def hope they improve some of the CG effects work by the time the movie comes out, some of those scenes were def like 2000s era rough. Hopefully that's just because they're half baked and not in a finished state.

Linda Hamilton's entrance was cool but that's about all i really dug in this trailer :/

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    The lack of charisma from everyone involved (except Arnold) really makes this very unlikeable. There's only one Robert Patrick I guess, lol.

Laughed at the first comment on YT: "Plot twist: John Connor's mullet redheaded friend is the protagonist."

This one was good too:
    Feminator: Dark Fate for Arnold T-800

Bring on the facepalms lol.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Oh my god. They never learn. This is gonna suck so hard. I guess there's a slight chance that it's slightly better than Genisysysys.

Can I also add how viciously I have the godawful covers of great songs in the trailers? Is this a recent trend?

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    That Bjork cover is very strange...

Also, it's a huge pet peeve of mine when movies ask you to ignore certain installments in a franchise. To say that this is a direct sequel to T2 is BS, the studios that made halfassed Terminator movies own this shit and they shouldn't be given a free pass to just erase those. Fuck that.
    And the movie itself needs to address this somehow. You can't just hear that from the press release, the movie needs to make it clear. Somehow.
    (I had the same problems with the latest Halloween)

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Ive seen them all, didnt care for T3, Really liked Salvation and Genisys was very MEH, borderline terrible because of the ending. I am OK with discounting all sequels except for Salvation because I love the world they created. After seeing this trailer....I just dont know. Love that Hamilton is back with Arnold but nothing in the trailer made me go WOW!. If this installment doesnt work, it may be time to put the franchise to bed.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I am a huge Arnold fan, obviously. I feel like the Terminator movies have been the same for the exception of Salvation( Which I actually liked) since the first movie. I need to see more of this, but I am not hyped for it all as its the same thing all over again.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    I will defend Salvation to no end. This is the only film that had balls to bring something new to the table, and Bale was brilliant as JC.

In this trailer we can see an "almost human" terminator (hello to Marcus) and uhh... another liquid/micromachine-covered-skeleton? (hello to T-X and faux John Connor). They can ignore the three last films all they want, but they still stole ideas from them.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    I will defend Salvation to no end. This is the only film that had balls to bring something new to the table, and Bale was brilliant as JC.
    Agreed. T4>T3. While I enjoyed T3, it was just T2 redux. I thought I read Salvation was supposed to be part one of a trilogy that never happened. As for this new trailer, I'm in the minority here, but I thought this looked pretty cool.

Is Arnold just making a cameo, or is he just a minor character in this one?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I agree with this 100%. I love that movie and I am pretty disappointed they didn't continue with the other 2 movies. Honestly, what was the backlash with Salvation? Did it just not perform well enough or did people actually not like the movie?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buckaroo View Post
    I agree with this 100%. I love that movie and I am pretty disappointed they didn't continue with the other 2 movies. Honestly, what was the backlash with Salvation? Did it just not perform well enough or did people actually not like the movie?
    That movie started to lose me once Marcus escapes the human base to infiltrate Skynet. He proceeds to have some sort of pow wow with Skynet who reveals some convoluted plan that had Marcus created on the off chance that he meets John Connor and then lured him to the Skynet base? What was the point of taking human prisoners? Why was the human military base way out in the open where Skynet could just bomb the shit out of them? And why didn't they? Open heart transplant in a tent in the middle of the desert? The film made less and less sense as it went on and when it was over further analysis just revealed more silly plot points.

I love Christian Bale but I found him too recognizable and serious for that role. He would have been much better as Marcus... I think that was the original idea.
    What the movie did right was to attempt something original. It was really interested to have a character convinced he was a human turn out to be a robot (Westworld pulled this off to greater success). The world created for that film was sufficiently dystopic and desaturated, the robot designs were pretty cool. The idea of seeing how John Connor came to be the leader of the resistance was an interesting one but the execution was off imo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So the trailer reveal on Reddit turned into a AMA with Arnold. His comments are gold especially the scene that didn't make it into Commando. https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comm...m_medium=web2x

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    The machine/human hybrid stuff turned me off. I was really hoping this could be about the guy who the original Terminators are based on, not Arnold playing an aging robot.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    The machine/human hybrid stuff turned me off. I was really hoping this could be about the guy who the original Terminators are based on, not Arnold playing an aging robot.
    I don't think we know who is he yet. In his AMA he refused to answer, and trailer does a relatively good job at not spoiling the whole plot.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by quietime View Post
    So the trailer reveal on Reddit turned into a AMA with Arnold. His comments are gold especially the scene that didn't make it into Commando. https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comm...m_medium=web2x
    "you're hired" hahahahaha

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

In this trailer we can see an "almost human" terminator (hello to Marcus) and uhh... another liquid/micromachine-covered-skeleton? (hello to T-X and faux John Connor). They can ignore the three last films all they want, but they still stole ideas from them.
    I loved Salvation too, I wish we would have gotten the planned trilogy.

Especially the atmosphere of the film, I know at the time alot of people complained that it wasn't how the future was depected in the first two films. But really? Do you expect it to be night all the time? It's not like the Matrix where it's perpetually dark out.

And the scene with the Harvester was awesome too, the lack of music and just terrible machine sounds. And the motorcyle Terminators? LoVE that shit, even if it make no sense.

edit: Genisys was so bad, I went to go sell it back to the used media store I bought it from, they told me they were overstocked already. So I told them consider it a donation! Garbage film, worst I've seen in a LONG time.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Watch at your own discretion. What he says in here can't be anything but spoilers (if not for the actual movie, then for a backstory inbetween T2 and this).

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    SO, in a fairly shocking turn of events, James Cameron confirmed today at San Diego Comic Con that Edward Furlong will reprise his role as John Connor in Terminator: Dark Fate.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    SO, in a fairly shocking turn of events, James Cameron confirmed today at San Diego Comic Con that Edward Furlong will reprise his role as John Connor in Terminator: Dark Fate.
    I gasped in amazement. WHAT

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    New trailer

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Man, I just don't know. Hopefully it kicks ass, but it doesn't look to have anything that separates it from the previous few sequels.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Arnold a few months ago: here's a trailer that doesn't give away the plot
    Arnold now: lol j/k

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I don't know why they need to keep making Arnold a robot and explaining that the bionic flesh ages blah blah blah and that's why he looks 80. Why can't he just be the military guy who the T800 were modeled after. It will at least be good a for some action set pieces.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Shit. It looks like it might, maybe, be alright. I haven't seen a terminator movie since the second one. Idk. This looks decent to me, judging by the trailer.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Shit. It looks like it might, maybe, be alright. I haven't seen a terminator movie since the second one. Idk. This looks decent to me, judging by the trailer.
    i also haven't seen any of the sequels besides T-2 (which i still maintain is not only the best sequel ever made, but one of the best movies ever made).

the tv series was pretty great, though.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post
    I don't know why they need to keep making Arnold a robot and explaining that the bionic flesh ages blah blah blah and that's why he looks 80. Why can't he just be the military guy who the T800 were modeled after. It will at least be good a for some action set pieces.
    Kind of surprised they just don't CGI Ahnooold to look like he did in 1984.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i also haven't seen any of the sequels besides T-2 (which i still maintain is not only the best sequel ever made, but one of the best movies ever made).

the tv series was pretty great, though.
    Totally agree. The show was definitely a good new direction. Too bad they didn't go very far with that. This trailer for the new movie looks pretty crappy to me.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    Kind of surprised they just don't CGI Ahnooold to look like he did in 1984.
    They already did both of these. In a deleted scene from T3, Arnold appeared as "Sgt. Candy," the physical model for the T-800. And they de-aged him with a body double to appear as the 1984 terminator in Terminator: Genisys. I know you both probably meant "why don't they do it for more than one scene or even a deleted scene," but maybe they just don't want to retread territory that's aldready been covered in previous/inferior sequels.