Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Terminator: Dark Fate was OK!

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    Haven't played it, but the reviews scores are quite poor:

Metacritic: 59/100 (PC) | 47/100 (PS4) | 55/100 (XBOX)
    Destructoid: 4/10 (PS4)
    IGN: 4/10
    OPM (UK): 5/10 (PS4)
    VG247: 2/5 stars (PS4)
    Push Square: 5/10 (PS4)
    To be fair they are more average then poor. And i should have mentioned it isn't a terrible A title, it's a licensed tie in game, so alot of those sites will have gone in expecting a AAA experience (which a lot of those sites will still shit on even if they are good *cough IGN cough*). The reviews i'm seeing now are basically saying it's a good game if your into Terminator, just don't go in expecting Breathe of the Wild. It also isn't a full priced game...OK now i'm sounding like i'm trying to sell this lol

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    To be fair they are more average then poor. And i should have mentioned it isn't a terrible A title, it's a licensed tie in game, so alot of those sites will have gone in expecting a AAA experience (which a lot of those sites will still shit on even if they are good *cough IGN cough*). The reviews i'm seeing now are basically saying it's a good game if your into Terminator, just don't go in expecting Breathe of the Wild. It also isn't a full priced game...OK now i'm sounding like i'm trying to sell this lol
    Haha. That's all fair. I know 4's and 5's are technically average, but I rarely see reviews of any game below 6, so to me, 7 is average range, and anything below 6 is really bad. But you also said Fallout 4 in your original post, which makes me wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    Haha. That's all fair. I know 4's and 5's are technically average, but I rarely see reviews of any game below 6, so to me, 7 is average range, and anything below 6 is really bad. But you also said Fallout 4 in your original post, which makes me wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
    Yeah i guess it's how most people see average games honestly, with just how many games do come out it's easier for people to just ignore anything under a certain grade, but i find that slightly unfair to a lot of perfectly fine games that many people would probably like...but there's not much i can do about that. I only mentioned FO4 as the review i saw asking people to give it a try said that's kinda what it was, a lite version of FO4 with multiple endings, romance options, shooting and looting but just not open world. I'll probably give it a try, but i need to clear my other games first...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Dark Fate: I liked it, especially basically all scenes with Arnold ("For many years I thought it was an advantage."), actually I rewinded some of them because they were so good ("extremely funny"). :-)

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Starz had a bunch of runtimes for T1 and T2 back to back and it was hella rejuvenating. There is something about T2 for me that makes it so fucking good and I could never put my finger on it.

Still need to see Dark Fate. Definitely in the minority with this one, but the first viewing of Genisys... I didn't find it THAT bad. Definitely cheese, but I enjoyed the relationship with Sarah and the big guy.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Finally got around to watching Dark Fate.

I enjoyed the movie. It seems like after T2 they didn't know where to take the franchise and the past four movies have tried to act as a proper follow-up. I think DF may have been better received had 3-5 not been released and/or it had been released sometime in the late 90's/early '00s, fresh off the success of T2 when the Terminator movies were still in demand. As is this movie seemed to be a dollar short and a day late. The ending of DF obviously left open room for sequels, which based on the box office failure of the film seems unlikely at this point. Still, I enjoyed it. Good cast, good but predictable story, great visuals, even with some questionable CGI.
    Last edited by GulDukat; 03-14-2020 at 11:58 AM.