Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Henry Rollins

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    I went to see the movie in 2016 with Rollins actually being there. It was fun but as you can imagine there was little to zero substance to the film apart from giving all of our heroes a sequence to shine. Rollins is pretty much the only narrative element here. What I did like was the band that accompanied the movie, playing all kinds of cover songs of some classics like "ace of spades" and "raining blood". The singer is very capable and I liked the atmosphere. A longer tour was cancelled like Digital Twilight already pointed out.

I managed to talk to the director once on instagram as they were apparently reworking some elements of the show, but suddenly it all stopped and the thing seems to be in limbo right now.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Man, y'all are slippin'.

Henry SANG friggin' RISE ABOVE at Cyndi Lauper's annual benefit show in LA.

Yes, this starts off awkward. Yes, the backing band looks lame as fuck (and please have the fucking keyboardist & backup singers sit out the Black Flag cover). Yes Lauper looks like she's gonna float away at any moment in that absurd dress. But overall I still think I back this. Rollins looks uncomfortable at first (understandable) but then slowly eases into it and has good (if awkward) energy throughout. He sounds GOOD. And they def. were having fun. Considering this was at a benefit show, i'm glad it happened even if there were some corny things surrounding the performance.

I don't think Rollins has performed Black Flag music live since the West Memphis 3 shows, correct? And nothing for Rollins Band since 2006?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    They keytar player looks like the keyboard player in Michael C. Hall's (yes, Dexter) new band Princess Goes to the Butterfly Museum. Same dude, right?