Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Mortal Kombat 11

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Definitely makes a huge difference. The gifted currency is already gone. Proves how much of a grind krypt truly is. 500k is nothing.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I'm only diving into towers to finish off my trophy list here... and again, it's absurd. But these guys are known for that...

Anyone remember MK9, with the trophies requiring you to play for a ridiculous amount of time as EVERY character? Nobody got that trophy because it required you to play the game for practically thousands of hours. Ever since that moment, I've felt like the people who make these games have half baked ideas... and this entry is pretty much a confirmation of that.

I'm not going to say I want my money back... I got my money's worth I guess. But... it's the last of my money these people ever get.
    I got that trophy, but those people were insane. Spilling 10,000 pints of blood, 100 fatalities and 100 X-Rays wasn't bad, but the fact that you had to spent 24 fucking hours with each character meant the only remotely possible way to do it was to go into tag practice mode with 2 people and let the console sit overnight. For like a week and a half. That was insane.

Now that it's been established the Krypt has set rewards but with chests just randomized per person, it's not all that terrible to me. I'll get everything even if it takes a few months. MK is one of the few game franchises left I think is still pretty consistently great despite the flaws here and there and I'm just glad it exists still and that we don't have to spend real money for anything in there.

Tip: There's an item you can get called Sindel's Ring which will reduce the costs of all chests for one minute - when you get one, save that until you get into Shang's throne room, where everything is 25,000 koins or something insane.

And people have just found an exploit which will let you bypass the fifty fatalities on each character needed to impale their heads in the Warrior Shrine:

"Apparently you can walk up to a locked impaled head chest, exit to Main Menu, go back into the Krypt and HOLD X or A depending on your system until the Krypt has loaded up, walk up to the chest and the chest will be free to open up!"

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Random musings -

Dunno if this has been mentioned yet, but when you finish up specific character tutorials, you're awarded a skin for that character. One less you have to worry about finding in the krypt.

The time towers can give you enough koins to open several chests in the krypts now and a brutality nets you five hearts per battle. Dragon challenges pay out per 1000 now instead of per 100 before, so these are great changes to make the krypt less tedious.

I've never been a juggler so some of the tutorials are very annoying. I'm more of a brawler - get in there and hit combo after combo. The krushing blows are amazing and satisfying against an opponent who rails on you. I like to play surgically so the slowdown is great.

Ronda Rousey is a horrible voice actress and she does that thing where she talks from the roof of her mouth instead or pronouncing outward. I can't with her as Sonya.

Overall, I'm enjoying the game. The story was quite epic and my go-to is Sub Zero.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    "Apparently you can walk up to a locked impaled head chest, exit to Main Menu, go back into the Krypt and HOLD X or A depending on your system until the Krypt has loaded up, walk up to the chest and the chest will be free to open up!"
    Confirmed! Just did this last night and unlocked every single one. This is also required to open up Shang Tsung's throne room at the front of the krypt so I'd advise everyone does this until an update wipes it out. It's gonna save you a lot of grind time.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    LOL when I saw you bringing up a voice actor I immediately wondered “is he talking about whomever did the voice for Sonya?”

But I don’t know where I’m at with this... I got the platinum and I wanna move on to something else for a bit. My favorite mode so far has been co-op tag team against over powered AI, but that mode is scarce

btw, that Krypt trick with the impaled head thing has been patched

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post

btw, that Krypt trick with the impaled head thing has been patched
    Figures, now I'm stuck doing it the long way.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    FYI - Cetrion's head is the most impactful on Krypt progression as her head also unlocks an amulet you'll need to unlock another insecty area below. Best way to get the heads is to lower the difficulty to Very Easy, change the match settings to 1 round total, and AI farm it out. AI will usually do a fatality, but playing it manually will be the most efficient way to go.

Also, save Sindel's ring for Shang Tsung's throne room as it'll slash the 25k koin require to 12.5k koins for 60 seconds. It also applies to hearts since there's a Scorpion and Shao Kahn chest in there.

Finally, has anyone dabbled with Mercy yet? If you do a Mercy and then finish with a Brutality in a match, you get 8 hearts total.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Figures, now I'm stuck doing it the long way.
    I saw the “update ready to install” alert while I was in the middle of cleaning up that exploit, heh

And I only realized there must be an exploit when I glanced at the trophy list, and saw that the percentage of people with five victories equipped had jumped from .1% Of players to 5% or something

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    2k souls unlocks the bridge that gives you access to a Shao Kahn chest. I forgot what's in it.
    3k souls in the Dead Woods gives you a chest for 250k koins (save a lock pick or a Sindel ring for it) that unlocks a bunch of ninja skins for the classic ninjas.
    10k souls in the Dead Woods give you the key ingredient to make Shinnok's amulet in the Forge so you can use it in the underground level of the dragon seal door.

Spend your souls wisely and I'd advise not using them on any of the canisters until you've done all three of these. There's a recipe to make souls in the Forge that can help you net 210 souls each time, but the ingredients can be a little tricky to get. I'd recommend using the Kronika reversal thingy in the courtyard to regenerate chests so you can unlock more ingredients.

I've put in about 12 hours of actual fight time and have almost 500 koin chests opened in the Krypt, so the update with higher rewards per match and per tower has really helped. There are still some skins I'm targeting for Sub-Zero, but the grind hasn't been as bad as I thought it would be at first.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Has anyone found Reptile in the Krypt? Is he in a specific place or does he appear randomly? I've found the statue where he first appears and I have the blindfold. I've been trying to follow the noises he makes and when I think I'm getting closer to him its another dead end.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookster426 View Post
    Has anyone found Reptile in the Krypt? Is he in a specific place or does he appear randomly? I've found the statue where he first appears and I have the blindfold. I've been trying to follow the noises he makes and when I think I'm getting closer to him its another dead end.
    He has random spawn locations.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    He has random spawn locations.

I found him yesterday. He was at The Pit (for me).

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Shang Tsung gets revealed tomorrow and the running theory is that he morphs into the absent ninjas: Reptile, Ermac, Smoke and Rain.

I'll be throwing up with the fans of those respective fanbases

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Yeah that would be me, accepting my consolation prize, quite bitterly

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Shang Tsung gets revealed tomorrow and the running theory is that he morphs into the absent ninjas: Reptile, Ermac, Smoke and Rain.

If true, what a lazy decision.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    That would be weird, if true. The colors could have more to do with the other dlc characters too. I wouldn't really hate it though.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

I'd expect something like that to happen. Maybe not with all of the ninjas though. Most of a kombat pack just being ninjas would be a little lame.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    I’m waiting for the outside DLC announcements. Particularly I’m hoping for Pennywise. Considering that WB owns both properties and the new IT movie comes out in September, I’d be surprised not to see him

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    If the Shang Tsung theory posted above is true I'm 100% done with buying Netherrealm season/fighter passes ever again. They're always absolute dogshit.

I low key regret buying the premium edition of this game knowing I'm not super into the game as much as I was X and the DLC will probably be weak sauce.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 05-31-2019 at 06:57 PM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    The leak list was true. Burned again... People wanted Rain and this is what we got. Shang looks awesome. I really need to stop buying passes and just pick and choose. Week early or not.

Nightwolf is the dumbest character, ever.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

Your DLC will be Sindel, Nightwolf, Spawn, and further down the line Ash Williams, Terminator, Fujin, Sheeva, and The fucking Joker according to the leaked scripts and dialogue.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Your DLC will be Sindel, Nightwolf, Spawn, and further down the line Ash Williams, Terminator, Fujin, Sheeva, and The fucking Joker according to the leaked scripts and dialogue.
    Lovely...

Your DLC will be Sinden
    Good.

Nightwolf
    Waste/boring.

Spawn
    No interest but decent.

Ash Williams
    Neat but doesn't fit.

Terminator
    Don't care and not interested.

Fujin
    Good.

Sheeva
    Good.

The fucking Joker
    Trash. No thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Adding Sheeva is good indeed. Fujin?.. Uhm, okay. At least not Shujinko or Blaze.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I'm good with the list. Nightwolf was one of my favorites from MK9 so I'm looking forward to see how he's gonna play for this. That Shang Tsung reveal was excellent, especially with the old MK movie callback at the end. All for it.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Does anyone legitimately use combos online on this game?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Does anyone legitimately use combos online on this game?
    I do and so far, I have a 9-4 record. I deal with zoners quickly and without prejudice.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ltrandazzo View Post
    I do and so far, I have a 9-4 record. I deal with zoners quickly and without prejudice.
    I won the match but I found a guy who was Cassie Cage and did nothing but do distant handgun shots high and low the entire first round.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I won the match but I found a guy who was Cassie Cage and did nothing but do distant handgun shots high and low the entire first round.
    I try to become proficient with at least one teleporter (Scorpion, Raiden, Liu Kang, etc.) because if I go online, I'm playing as one of them so I can deal with zoning. Can't stand it and I honestly can't see how it's fun for the person doing it as well since it's just repetitive move spamming. The goal is competition and to become better and improve at the game; not exploit one aspect of it and repeat it over and over.

Some kid called me the n-word for choosing Scorpion and it became obvious why when he picked Baraka for his blade blast. I backed his ass into a corner and went to town, mercy'd him, and finished him with a brutality.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Shang Tsung is a lot of damn fun to play. His 4-hit soul combo might be one of the more satisfying moves to pull off and I'm trying to figure out different ways to branch it out. Big pressure for the next DLC character to be up to par but man, he's great. I already built 3 variations for him already, which might be a little too ambitious.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    They knocked it out of the park with Shang. He's great. My only gripe is the lack of ninjas in ranked. That sucks. His warlock variation is solid though and sort of makes up for it. I'm very curious to see how they follow him up.