Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Mortal Kombat 11

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    To be honest, I can't stand playing fighting games on consoles...the joysticks, d-pad, it doesn't matter. I'm old and need an arcade joystick lol.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    As for me, I was lucky enough to marry a gamer, but she thinks fighting games are inane, unfortunately.

So even though, like every red blooded male in his late thirties, I grew up utterly adoring mortal kombat, there's no point in me buying the game because I'll have no one to play it with me.

But it does look fucking SIIIIIIICK.

I agree that the rap track doesn't fit the trailer though, and I'm a HUGE hip hop fan. Don't get me wrong.
    It just doesn't fit.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    To be honest, I can't stand playing fighting games on consoles...the joysticks, d-pad, it doesn't matter. I'm old and need an arcade joystick lol.
    I play on stick. Most NRS games aren't really made for stick though. You can do it. Not worth it though.

I feel like MK has gone in a different direction than I did. Love fighting games. MK doesn't do it for me like the 90s games did anymore. Playing on controller doesn't help.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    As for me, I was lucky enough to marry a gamer, but she thinks fighting games are inane, unfortunately.

Inane? Fighting games require the most skill level to me and memorization. Definitely the hardest (and best) game genre for serious, skilled players.

Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    I play on stick. Most NRS games aren't really made for stick though. You can do it. Not worth it though.

I feel like MK has gone in a different direction than I did. Love fighting games. MK doesn't do it for me like the 90s games did anymore. Playing on controller doesn't help.
    I guess I'm weird, I play almost every fighting game wth the d-pad (I get a better sense of control in regards to special input commands). Since a lot of MK's current 2D games combos rely on directional inputs I find it infinitely easier to do it via d-paid over the analog stick. I play vastly better on the d-pad.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Inane? Fighting games require the most skill level to me and memorization. Definitely the hardest (and best) game genre for serious, skilled players.

Whoa, whoa now.
    I agree.
    I'M not the one who thinks that

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

I hope my MKX main Erron Black (rumored to be included) retains most of the Outlaw variation fighting style in MK11. If he's not in it at least my MK9 main Skarlet is in the game.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    So here's the full roster according to what's been revealed and a few leaks here and there:

Scorpion
    Sub-Zero
    Raiden
    Skarlet
    Baraka
    Jade
    Kabal
    Johnny Cage
    Sonya Blade
    Kano
    Liu Kang
    Kung Lao
    Kitana
    Cassie Cage
    Jacqui Briggs
    D'Vorah
    Erron Black
    Kotal Kahn
    Geras
    Shao Kahn
    Noob Saibot
    The Kollector
    Cetrion
    Jax
    Spoiler:
    Frost (wearing a white hood in the story trailer)

And allegedly 3 more characters that can be unlocked according to rumors:

DLC Character 1: Shang Tsung

Others seem pretty likely to be:
    Spoiler:
    Mileena
    Shinnok
    Last edited by Shadaloo; 04-15-2019 at 02:38 PM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Hopefully the unlockable rumor is true. Mileena not being in a mk game is blasphemy, and I don't even really play her. Huge Spoiler: Shang Tsung fanboy here.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    So here's the full roster according to what's been revealed and a few leaks here and there:
    There's a 29th character slot, and the rumor is there will be 35 playable characters eventually with Kombat Packs.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Yeah, the 29th slot is new. There's been a bit of an outcry for Spoiler: Rain considering he's a pretty popular character who never makes it into base rosters. Last rumors I heard about the DLC packs were that Spoiler: Fujin, Nightwolf, Sheeva, Sindel, Smoke and Sareena were all being considered for DLC inclusion, with Spoiler: Spawn and Terminator as guest characters.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Codes for stress test are going out around now, I think. It'll probably be like ij2 and no one but steamers get in. But good luck to everyone anyway.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

Noob Saibot kicks ass, sounds like he's voiced by Frank Welker, and Cary Hiroyuki Tagawa is back as Shang Tsung, first DLC character. I'm in heaven.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Noob Saibot kicks ass, sounds like he's voiced by Frank Welker, and Cary Hiroyuki Tagawa is back as Shang Tsung, first DLC character. I'm in heaven.
    Noob looks insane. So happy to see Shang back too. Added bonus that it's the actual guy from the movie. Not often a FG will come along and do such a great job presenting a roster and their playability. No weak links. They all look solid so far. Jacqui being the biggest surprise of them all. She looks nuts with that aegis reflector.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I hope they bring Cyrax in as DLC. Need my Cyber Lin Kuei fix.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    I hope they bring Cyrax in as DLC. Need my Cyber Lin Kuei fix.
    Think they said no repeat dlc. Sucks. I really like the cyborg characters. All can be forgiven if Rain's in the game (almost...).

Liking the beta. I'm getting some combos with scorpion. Tried jade, but I feel like I might need a training mode for her. Really wish they would at least teach some mechanics before throwing you into the wild.

Reminds me a bit of old school mk with the pacing.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I was gonna pre-order it this week but stupidly (and bizarrely) bought Kingdom Hearts III randomly.

I'll pre-order it next week since I missed the beta anyways.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

I mean do I even need to tell you what NIN song has been in my head the past few hours or

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Yeah, if that totally isn't a Mortal Kombat 11 ONLY character right there I don't know what to tell you. We'll never see that guy again after this game.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Definitely, if this franchise has had any problems since it's heyday it's that they add these copy paste or forgettable characters throughout the 3-D era and lean too heavily on the mk1 cast instead of fostering some of the cooler deep cuts from 3 on. MKX was a bit of an exception and that's why some of the newer characters like Skarlet and Erron Black, and D'vorah made it through but I'm shocked at how forgettable se of the new designs are. Especially Cetrion has this whole plant them but all of her moves are that she just throws rocks. And given how contentious this fan base gets about returning characters (all fighting games are like this but outside of smash Bros I've always thought MK was the most) I feel like a new character taking a spot over a returning one, like they had better make it realllly count. And the Collector and Geras and the like definitely don't.

Even some recent returners like Jacqui, and Kotal Kahn and Frost are baffling inclusions because they're so bland to start.

I also feel like an easy way to please the base is just to include every ninja each time, that's usually the stake people have just keep smoke and noob and ermac and reptile and rain and I guess tremor and even chameleon around and you can keep all the shit new guys as much as you want

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I like Frost... New characters are kind of underwhelming. Maybe playing them.will change my mind. The fact there's likely no Mileena is baffling. Yeah, she's dead. But, so is Jade. Bunch of people want Rain and knowing NRS, probably won't get him...

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    Definitely, if this franchise has had any problems since it's heyday it's that they add these copy paste or forgettable characters throughout the 3-D era and lean too heavily on the mk1 cast instead of fostering some of the cooler deep cuts from 3 on. MKX was a bit of an exception and that's why some of the newer characters like Skarlet and Erron Black, and D'vorah made it through but I'm shocked at how forgettable se of the new designs are. Especially Cetrion has this whole plant them but all of her moves are that she just throws rocks. And given how contentious this fan base gets about returning characters (all fighting games are like this but outside of smash Bros I've always thought MK was the most) I feel like a new character taking a spot over a returning one, like they had better make it realllly count. And the Collector and Geras and the like definitely don't.

Even some recent returners like Jacqui, and Kotal Kahn and Frost are baffling inclusions because they're so bland to start.

I also feel like an easy way to please the base is just to include every ninja each time, that's usually the stake people have just keep smoke and noob and ermac and reptile and rain and I guess tremor and even chameleon around and you can keep all the shit new guys as much as you want
    Speaking as a guy who's part of an MK podcast and has an ear to the fanbase, this is kinda off-base.

Sure, there have been misses like Dairou and Darrius and Hsu Hao, but a good portion of the MK fanbase has wanted the likes of Frost, Ashrah, and especially Havik back for a long time now. Fujin had a huge push for DLC in MKX and it was considered appalling when he didn't make the cut. Lots of support out there for Reiko and Sareena too, for those real deep cuts.

A lot of folks liked Kotal. It's not all about the ninjas, you're going to be hard-pressed to find a lot of people who give a rat's ass about Chameleon.

Also, Cetrion's not just throwing plants around: she uses wind, earth, a bit of fire and water in her moves and fatalities, too - reason being, she's an elder god.

Personally I find this guy intriguing. I like the idea that Shao Kahn had a tax collector and we're not getting generic ninja general 87634.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I really think those characters are the exception rather than the rulein the 3D era. Sure, each game had a winner or two

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Aaaand the last character completing the base roster, the game's secret unlockable, is:
    Spoiler:

https://i.imgur.com/VVG5Iho.jpg

Frost!

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Also, Cetrion's not just throwing plants around
    I found that really funny for some reason.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Just received this text message from a good friend this morning and I naturally laughed my ass off:

“Some people in Europe have MK11 early. Shao Kahn has a fatality where he hammers their head so hard it comes out their ass lel”

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    There's a few really neat or messed up ones I've been seeing. I really love Noob Saibot's where he basically forces a shadow clone into your guts and out your mouth.

Reealllly can't wait for Tuesday. I've taken 2 days off to relax and enjoy.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Saw the launch trailer earlier. Saw Cyrax and Sektor and got pissed. I like my cyborg characters and I know they're not playable. Can't wait. Think I'm off that day too. Day gone pretty much.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Pre-ordered the Premium Edition on Xbox One. Fuck it.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    I like Frost... New characters are kind of underwhelming. Maybe playing them.will change my mind. The fact there's likely no Mileena is baffling. Yeah, she's dead. But, so is Jade. Bunch of people want Rain and knowing NRS, probably won't get him...
    I can't claim to be someone who follows MK mythology or the story really, but weren't there like a billion clones of Milleena or something?