Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Mortal Kombat 11

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Thats the nature of the thing. You were expecting an online community of respectful reasonable people?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    Thats the nature of the thing. You were expecting an online community of respectful reasonable people?
    You won't find it.

I hate X rays. Most stupid thing ever added to this series. They should be turned off for online matches. I block most but when I don't manage to they literally steal a win from you when you've got the round won just because they manage to chip you and pull it off, decimating your life bar of a cheap 30%+ of damage. I can't stand it. I lost a KOTH match because of it. He had red health left and I had well over 1/3rd of my bar. I stood he triggers it immediately before I could even stand and bam. instant loss. I can't stand it. I don't ever use it either.

I have played and lost close to 12+ games in a row to random dickheads all night and I never once quit and two games in a row that I win back to back against two different people they rage quit both times during my Fatality moment. Seriously pisses me off.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 04-20-2015 at 09:06 PM.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I think the major cost of using the x ray is that you need all 3 meters, which, from what ive learned lately, if i time things right, each of those thirds of meter can be worth as much as the whole x ray. Ive been using my meter so often that i rarely have all three bars filled.

In fact i was playing a guy using kotal kahn, he only needed one meter to do a stupid simple 39% damage kombo. He never used his x ray, because those meters were enough to.kill me if i made one mistake. Luckily he would often whiff the juggle. But in the right hands thats much more terrifying than an x ray.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    oh god I'm about to play someone with 4 losses and 400 wins... I hate this game.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Is there a way to turn off the x rays? They do seem a bit borderline cheap. I haven't played online, but I imagine they would be super annoying there.

If they can't be turned off, then maybe someone would mod the option into the pc version. That would be nice.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Still really enjoying the game minus fucking dickheads barely winning with cheap tactics/X Rays, projectile spammers (literally played a Full Auto Jacqui who did nothing but shoot arm rifle/cannon) and unfair matchups (me as Mileena vs Ermac, which is totally impossible due to zoning and having to have Mileena in CQC).

I've been finding recent success with Necromancer Shinnok now too. Currently keeping it Outlaw Erron Black (main) and trying to learn combos, which is hard as online never presents opportunities for launchers, bounds, etc., Shinnok (all variations), Ravenous Mileena and Royal Storm Kitana.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Boss Invasions

Jesus Christ what the hell

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    in the end, x ray moves aren't really that cheap... once you get the combos down, you can do as much damage with a regular string. The only difference is that an x ray is really easy to pull off and it can't be interrupted.

The matchmaking system however... I just don't get why they can't put you up against people with comparable stats. It's kind of annoying... especially when the guy who beats you just does the same three hit combo over and over again, and there's not much you can do about it because of lag. Fine, put me up against someone who has 500 wins and 10 losses, but at least make sure we have a good connection.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    in the end, x ray moves aren't really that cheap... once you get the combos down, you can do as much damage with a regular string. The only difference is that an x ray is really easy to pull off and it can't be interrupted.

The matchmaking system however... I just don't get why they can't put you up against people with comparable stats. It's kind of annoying... especially when the guy who beats you just does the same three hit combo over and over again, and there's not much you can do about it because of lag. Fine, put me up against someone who has 500 wins and 10 losses, but at least make sure we have a good connection.
    I just hate the X rays as they are a cheap panic move for high damage for a player that doesn't deserve it. I usually see them coming from a mile away and I can feel when someone's going to use it but meh. Yeah, I know you can block and adapt it and punish and avoid and blah blah blah blah but sometimes when they manage to hit it randomly or use it as a wakeup attack, then it's game over if you have your health low enough. I just can't stand losing that way. It just feels like robbery for when I actually do play smart and use meter burns and basic to decent combos.

May 5th everyone who has the Kombat Pass can get Jason Voorhees, if not, May 12th if you want him.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Matchmaking is awful but Space Suicide was completely right. Player matches are a different ball game. I win almost every match in player match. Its crazy i even won consistently against a guy where i had 10% odds.

As for "the same three combos" i hear that criticism a lot, but as far as MK goes that IS how you play. You find like two or three combos. A medium, a low and an over head, or in my case my low combo also uses an over head attack, and you try to set your opponent up into it constantly.

I can set him up with my ex teleport, as a follow up or after a simple combo, and ultimately thats where the only variation comes from. The mix up is going to come from jumping in, low pokes and the far game. In the end you want to do the most damage possible and thats going to come from one or two combos.

Persona was very different. It wasnt always about the same combo. Playing as Yukiko any round involved changing my stratevy as much as four times. That game had a ton of depth and variavility, qll the time. This is the deepest MK but it just doesnt have that. Each opponent will play differently but its more about solving their specific strategy so you can set up that same combo.

Yesterday i fought against a raiden with an insane corner game. So while i was still trying to get in my usual 30%, i had to put in the extra effort to stay out of the corner, and further effort to push out of it when i was there. That means Ermacs teleport is even more unsafe than usual. I had to find a way to play keep away and really find the right moment to get in close especially with the torpedo attack almost always putting me back in the corner.

In another match a guy actually solved my low-overhead combo, which is very tough to figure out, its my best mix up. My normally agressive Ermac game became one of intense patience and cheap low attacks before escaping.

So yeah its the same combo every time but its how i have to get in there to do it that creates the strategy. And i still whiff the soul ball linker like 2/3 of the time.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

LOL.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Doesn't matter but most online stats for players ended up getting wiped. I don't care but my W/L went from like 160+/120+ to 3/5 now after some matches today. Sucks....

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    the weirdest part is, that in America at least, that image there is way more offensive and NSFW than a compilation of the most depraved violence in these games.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Raiden wins.

Sexuality.

I played an hour and a half of ranked matches online with my Mileena and I only lost twice. Once to a person playing as Cassie who did nothing but block and spam her gun. When I tried to grab her, she would get out of it and then just spam the gun again. The second time was against a Liu Kang player who was decent. He won just because I got a little too impatient and tried to rush him and he just did his flying kick and won the match.

Out of the whole time playing, I've learned two things.

1. If the other play picks Scorpion, 9 times out of 10, they will do a teleport within the first 5 seconds just so they can get the first hit.
    2. X-rays are unbelievably lame and people rely on X-rays waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much. Out of all the matches I played tonight in ranked, I remember I only used it twice and that was just to be a dickhead because the other person just did it.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nemesiswontdie View Post
    Raiden wins.

Sexuality.

I played an hour and a half of ranked matches online with my Mileena and I only lost twice. Once to a person playing as Cassie who did nothing but block and spam her gun. When I tried to grab her, she would get out of it and then just spam the gun again. The second time was against a Liu Kang player who was decent. He won just because I got a little too impatient and tried to rush him and he just did his flying kick and won the match.

Out of the whole time playing, I've learned two things.

1. If the other play picks Scorpion, 9 times out of 10, they will do a teleport within the first 5 seconds just so they can get the first hit.
    2. X-rays are unbelievably lame and people rely on X-rays waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much. Out of all the matches I played tonight in ranked, I remember I only used it twice and that was just to be a dickhead because the other person just did it.
    What I've learned:

- Jacqui, Jax and Cassie are gun spam weapon specials online.

- Mileena online has 3 tactics: low sai, mid sai and teleport kick. In succession, guy throws sai, you block low, they throw mid and when you jump to close gap they do teleport kick. It's super frustrating and lame. They also spam the roll.

- Kano users spam knife throws and cannonball move.

- Scorpion players usually play Ninjutsu and spam teleport, spear and sword spin in that order.

- Goro online is a pain due to punch walk and fireball spam if that variation is chosen.

- Sub-Zero online is frustrating due to ice ball throws and constant ice slide spams.

- Liu Kang online is also frustrating. The quick, easy punch combos coupled with random specials make him a pain to fight.

- No one plays as Shinnok, Erron Black, Reptile, Ferra/Torr, D'Vorah or Quan Chi much online. When I do it's not often. Minus one, every Erron Black user I've fought is mediocre and I usually best with my own Erron Black skill.

- When I lose it's due to my own stupidity since I usually lose to people that shouldn't even be defeating me, coupled with luck or a fucking X-Ray panic. Very RARELY is it lag/netcode based. I'll fess up to my lame playing but I just wish I'd win more than I do. I go on severe losing streaks, which troubles me. I'm not a God at this game but I don't suck ass at it either. yet, I still lose.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    What I've learned:

- Jacqui, Jax and Cassie are gun spam weapon specials online.

- Mileena online has 3 tactics: low sai, mid sai and teleport kick. In succession, guy throws sai, you block low, they throw mid and when you jump to close gap they do teleport kick. It's super frustrating and lame. They also spam the roll.

- Kano users spam knife throws and cannonball move.

- Scorpion players usually play Ninjutsu and spam teleport, spear and sword spin in that order.

- Goro online is a pain due to punch walk and fireball spam if that variation is chosen.

- Sub-Zero online is frustrating due to ice ball throws and constant ice slide spams.

- Liu Kang online is also frustrating. The quick, easy punch combos coupled with random specials make him a pain to fight.

- No one plays as Shinnok, Erron Black, Reptile, Ferra/Torr, D'Vorah or Quan Chi much online. When I do it's not often. Minus one, every Erron Black user I've fought is mediocre and I usually best with my own Erron Black skill.

- When I lose it's due to my own stupidity since I usually lose to people that shouldn't even be defeating me, coupled with luck or a fucking X-Ray panic. Very RARELY is it lag/netcode based. I'll fess up to my lame playing but I just wish I'd win more than I do. I go on severe losing streaks, which troubles me. I'm not a God at this game but I don't suck ass at it either. yet, I still lose.
    I'm guilty of spamming Mileena's ball roll just because it's become a habit out of playing against the computer for so long.

Speaking of spamming ice slide Sub-Zero's and Mileena's ball roll. I went up against this ice slide and uppercut spamming Sub-Zero in ranked earlier. I got really sick of him doing the same shit with no mix ups, so I decided to use his play style against him. I did nothing but ball rolls, sai throws and uppercuts. I ended up winning and after a few minutes he sent me a PM saying how I suck at life and how I suck at MK. He sent me a private match invite a few moments later. He played the exact same way, so I did the same shit and won by a landslide. I ended up quitting after the first private match because I don't think people who play like that deserve rematches. He sent me more messages saying I was a pussy and he wasn't playing good because he was trying to choke out my mom while playing. Insanely funny 7th grade insult stuff. Then continued on about how he beat my ass, even though I have video proof that he really didn't.

I absolutely love online just because of ridiculous shit like that. It makes playing online worth it I think. It's nice knowing that somewhere out in the vast world, I royally pissed off some kid because he got his ass beat by his own shitty strategy.
    Last edited by nemesiswontdie; 05-04-2015 at 03:46 AM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nemesiswontdie View Post
    I'm guilty of spamming Mileena's ball roll just because it's become a habit out of playing against the computer for so long.

Speaking of spamming ice slide Sub-Zero's and Mileena's ball roll. I went up against this ice slide and uppercut spamming Sub-Zero in ranked earlier. I got really sick of him doing the same shit with no mix ups, so I decided to use his play style against him. I did nothing but ball rolls, sai throws and uppercuts. I ended up winning and after a few minutes he sent me a PM saying how I suck at life and how I suck at MK. He sent me a private match invite a few moments later. He played the exact same way, so I did the same shit and won by a landslide. I ended up quitting after the first private match because I don't think people who play like that deserve rematches. He sent me more messages saying I was a pussy and he wasn't playing good because he was trying to choke out my mom while playing. Insanely funny 7th grade insult stuff. Then continued on about how he beat my ass, even though I have video proof that he really didn't.

I absolutely love online just because of ridiculous shit like that. It makes playing online worth it I think. It's nice knowing that somewhere out in the vast world, I royally pissed off some kid because he got his ass beat by his own shitty strategy.

I'd learn your Mileena game real quick unless you played like a troll.

Some guy on Xbox Live called me a stupid faggot bitch in severely broken english for choosing the next opponent option after I beat him in a player match.

Day made.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Proper Mileenas will not roll spam because of the terrible recovery time on her moves if they're blocked. They'll wait for an opening for the roll and not throw it out blindly. One roll will get you minimum 25% damage in combo if you know what you're doing, and if they're savvy they can time the F+4 overhead, 3, 3 combo into a ball, neutral jump punch etc combo. to wreck your day. Assuming I don't flub my inputs I can get up to 35% in combo damage without using meter. Telekick is indeed best used for jump punishing. Low sais when they get up only, from a good safe distance.

Sometimes I like to throw out the EX roll to catch people off guard, but mostly I save meter for X-Rays; people seem to have trouble blocking hers for whatever reason (it's an overhead IIRC).

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    from a good safe distance.
    CUZ I NEEED TO WAATCH THIIINGS DIIIIIIE

So Jason is out today for anyone with the Kombat pack. Dunno about you guys, but Machete looks like the way to be for me.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Im not going to use him... But the naked ermac costume... Oooooh yeeeeaaaaah

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Jason is good but I won't use him. Slasher is the best variation.

I LOVE the skins though that came with it. Especially Mileena.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    So I guess I must suck at this game now. I can't win a single match. I have WAY more losses than wins and I always face someone over my skill level. Never anyone shittier than me so I can win for once. It's seriously pissing me off and making me not have any fun with this shit.

I've lost 14 matches in a row. Seriously gonna break something....

New day, same shit.

I've got combos memorized, setups mastered and know what I am doing. I just did 12 matches in Survival before I lost, numerous matches on Hard difficulty and have been practicing like crazy and it's STILL not enough. It's starting to make me aggravated. I lose to every shithead who comes down the pike. I can't suck that much can I?

SERIOUSLY, WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 05-08-2015 at 03:35 PM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Seriously, what is up with me and/or this game? I cannot win a match no matter what I do. Ever since the reset I haven't won anything at all. My W/L is a joke and I lose to everyone and get trapped in these endless combo loops and corner traps I cannot break free from. There is nothing wrong with my playing at all. I KNOW how to play and do combos and juggles but I just cannot fucking win a match no matter what I do. It's seriously making me upset to not even play this game anymore.

Any tips are appreciated. I don't need any really but I just can't fucking win online anymore and it's going to make this game's playability go down the drain if I can't manage to have some fun or find any wins online. I don't need to win every match but losing them all in streaks isn't fun or worth the time either.

Just went on a 4 match losing streak before I rage quit and turned the game off. Seriously, fuck this game so hard right now.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 05-10-2015 at 10:51 AM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    FINALLY! Dethroned a 6 streak King and ended up becoming a 9 streak king myself in a random KOTH lobby. Yeah!

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    So there's a glitch going around for those who don't want to/can't play the mobile game but want the costumes it unlocks: if you download and check the leaderboard info of someone who's unlocked them, you'll get them too. I've heard conflicting reports as to whether it still functions on XBone, but it worked for me on PS4 a few days ago.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Is there a way of being able to tell who has them?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    No, not really. I searched through some stuff and never managed to find anyone with them.

My Erron Black game is strong now. I'm all up in that 7-11 hits with 22%-31% combos. Yeah boy. Learning shit hardddddddd.

I am winning more and more but I still lose to shitheels.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    GrumpySenpai has all the costumes from the mobile game. He's in the top 100 in ranked. Just look at his MK stats and say yes to downloading his stats and then go back to the main menu and you'll get the costumes.

His name is BigDaddy on Xbox and do the same thing.

Also, you don't get Klassic Mileena because I guess the mode to unlock her outfit isn't out yet.

I've gotten a lot better with Mileena these past couple of days. Even went on a 10 win streak in ranked. The last match was against a really good Johnny Cage and it came down to the final round and both of us have one hit left. He did Cages Shadow Kick while I did Mileena's ball roll and did a brutality. Felt good.

Edit: I take that back. 10 win streak wasn't shit lol. I'm on a roll. Or should I say...

Spoiler: Ball Roll
    Last edited by nemesiswontdie; 05-13-2015 at 05:20 PM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

The Free Reptile skin coming up and other DLC Classic skins.