Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: Mortal Kombat 11

Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I can't claim to be someone who follows MK mythology or the story really, but weren't there like a billion clones of Milleena or something?
    MK9 explored/toiled with clones in the story to make clones of Kitana, which were failures.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I can't claim to be someone who follows MK mythology or the story really, but weren't there like a billion clones of Milleena or something?
    What @Space Suicide said. In her MKX ending she had Shang Tsung create a whole army for her, but that isn't part of the continuity (every so often an arcade ending is these days) because she's worm food currently.

(I'm part of a loose group of MK podcasts called the Netherkast, and myself and one other guy are the MK story freaks, so if there's a question, ask away).

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Just sat through all 3 hours of the story mode and Spoiler: that ending was epic. Seeing Raiden with regular eyes as a mortal was freaky!

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    It's a solid game and story mode, in the relative sense
    I still greatly dislike the variations as an idea and here it's expanded in such an excruciating way. To drive home the point, where I'm at, at least two characters that aren't on the roster are fightable in the story, with full movesets from previous games. If it weren't for the variation and loot system they'd be easy to include. Very frustrating as a fan. Otherwise the story has some great moments although it's as shlocky and phoned in as ever. The graphics are outrageous

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Is it just me or does anyone find the movement of the characters to be slower and there's a delay when you input the buttons for the special moves?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Mine's out for delivery right now. Can't wait!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    That launch trailer is great. It might be due to personal nostalgia, but the MK movie theme still slaps hard.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookster426 View Post
    Is it just me or does anyone find the movement of the characters to be slower and there's a delay when you input the buttons for the special moves?
    It's intended to be slower. I'm liking it. Feels smoother and more responsive than MKX, IMO.

A lot of people are complaining about the progression system and in-game economy. Krypt is apparently all random loot boxes. And they say it would take forever to unlock everything.

Did play a little bit of Towers of Time. Felt cheap and broken. Which, thankfully, is getting fixed alongside the progression system.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    It's intended to be slower. I'm liking it. Feels smoother and more responsive than MKX, IMO.

A lot of people are complaining about the progression system and in-game economy. Krypt is apparently all random loot boxes. And they say it would take forever to unlock everything.

Did play a little bit of Towers of Time. Felt cheap and broken. Which, thankfully, is getting fixed alongside the progression system.
    Well I'm sure they'll charge people $10 to unlock everything in the Krypt like they did with X. lol

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Well I'm sure they'll charge people $10 to unlock everything in the Krypt like they did with X. lol
    They already have an in-game currency. It's like Injustice 2 but much worse. They're fixing them. Not sure how though.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Even with release check off the game just feels unresponsive which is a down ward trend that started with MKX. I am playing on Xbox for the first time and for sure the co troller is simply worse than the PlayStation one. But yeah it's slow, and unresponsive, but worst I can't find a character I like playing as. The thing plays like mud and even characters I used to like, like Erron Black, Noob Saibot, and Kabal all feel kind of clunky and I'm not enjoying any of them.

The story has its moments but it's oddly disconnected. Eventually they just drop Johnny Cage and Sonya and you never see them again, even though they're central to the first half of the story. Ending is an absolute non ending, setting up yet another reboot... And this series needs it. I really hate the variations system, I don't think loot systems have a place in fighting games. It feels like every game is soiled with bullshit rng loot systems now, even God of War would have been better without it.

Story also has a bloat of action scenes that you just don't participate in. At one point thres a 15 minute stretch of cutscenes. And throughout the game theres a good cumulative ten minutes of characters standing there shooting hordes of people running at them. The large scale of battle doesn't feel like mortal Kombat and it's astonishingly boring.

In a fighting game it's so much worse because I already feel like learning it is an uphill battle but loot multiplies what you have to keep track of.

Ultimately the whole thing is a net negative to me, at least on my end they lost out on DLC cash. I'm not looking to spring at all the way things are looking
    Last edited by Wretchedest; Today at 03:38 PM.

Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    It’s not just you. I messed around last night and couldn’t really link shit together.

My next post will be thoughts after playing this evening.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; Today at 07:06 PM.

Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Okay ruling in....

I am enjoying the game! However the game feels a little unresponsive due to how much slower and less fast paced the game is. I'm just so used to X's fluidity. I do enjoy the new character styles and the changes made to withstanding ones, sans Erron Black.

Upon toiling with both of my chosen mains I am feeling more confident with Skarlet moving forward over Erron Black, sadly. Skarlet has better combo juggles and potentials for punishment. Her zoning is good with high, medium and low ranges being able to be performed. Her combos for basic damage are pretty good, I got a pretty decent 8 hit combo I can dish out. I have a current record of 6/1 in online matches and they are all with Skarlet. My man Black though will be a fun character to still use as my second main, though he isn't as fun to play as he was in X. This is after one day of playing and my mind might change....

Shao Kahn is hilarious and awesome to play as. He is so brutal and his hammer really packs a wallop. It feels like a lot of his attacks are stronger due to it.

Anyways, I am satisfied!