Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: Mortal Kombat 11

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    To be honest, I can't stand playing fighting games on consoles...the joysticks, d-pad, it doesn't matter. I'm old and need an arcade joystick lol.

Mentioned
    416 Post(s)
    As for me, I was lucky enough to marry a gamer, but she thinks fighting games are inane, unfortunately.

So even though, like every red blooded male in his late thirties, I grew up utterly adoring mortal kombat, there's no point in me buying the game because I'll have no one to play it with me.

But it does look fucking SIIIIIIICK.

I agree that the rap track doesn't fit the trailer though, and I'm a HUGE hip hop fan. Don't get me wrong.
    It just doesn't fit.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    To be honest, I can't stand playing fighting games on consoles...the joysticks, d-pad, it doesn't matter. I'm old and need an arcade joystick lol.
    I play on stick. Most NRS games aren't really made for stick though. You can do it. Not worth it though.

I feel like MK has gone in a different direction than I did. Love fighting games. MK doesn't do it for me like the 90s games did anymore. Playing on controller doesn't help.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    As for me, I was lucky enough to marry a gamer, but she thinks fighting games are inane, unfortunately.

Inane? Fighting games require the most skill level to me and memorization. Definitely the hardest (and best) game genre for serious, skilled players.

Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    I play on stick. Most NRS games aren't really made for stick though. You can do it. Not worth it though.

I feel like MK has gone in a different direction than I did. Love fighting games. MK doesn't do it for me like the 90s games did anymore. Playing on controller doesn't help.
    I guess I'm weird, I play almost every fighting game wth the d-pad (I get a better sense of control in regards to special input commands). Since a lot of MK's current 2D games combos rely on directional inputs I find it infinitely easier to do it via d-paid over the analog stick. I play vastly better on the d-pad.

Mentioned
    416 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Inane? Fighting games require the most skill level to me and memorization. Definitely the hardest (and best) game genre for serious, skilled players.

Whoa, whoa now.
    I agree.
    I'M not the one who thinks that