Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Mortal Kombat 11

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I LOVE how Erron looks and plays but it's another revolver spam character akin to Stryker from MK9 online.

He'll be my main along with Shinnok.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 03-28-2015 at 08:49 PM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Shinnok gameplay

Yeahhhhh, Shinnok and Erron Black for me.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I'm going to be all about Shinnok. Two weeks!

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    It's looking like Erron and Takeda (those WHIPS!!) will be my mains. I'm super bummed they deep-sixed my boys Smoke and Sektor, but I can always pray for future DLC packages.

Seriously hoping against hope.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    The absence of some of my favorite ninjas and cyber ninjas wouldnt be so painful if some of the newer cast was more appealing.

That said Erron Black looks like a lot of fun. Glad to see shinnok back, he does look like a lot of fun, i like the variation where his hands are skeleton hands, cool look.

Still definitely maining Ermac, but the absence of other favorites means there are some newer faces to latch on to.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    I actually think this is the best overall round of newcomers since MK4. Only one I'm iffy about is Kung Jin, and I don't know enough about Jacqui to make a call yet. Loving Erron, Ferra/Torr, Kotal, D'Vorah especially.

Here's Chapter 1 of Story mode. Spoilers obviously:

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Kung Jin just seems like Nightwolf clone...

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    I actually think this is the best overall round of newcomers since MK4. Only one I'm iffy about is Kung Jin, and I don't know enough about Jacqui to make a call yet. Loving Erron, Ferra/Torr, Kotal, D'Vorah especially.

Here's Chapter 1 of Story mode. Spoilers obviously:

There are so many characters in this that arent playable... wtf. Fujin plays a huge role in that segment, just as big as Raiden. NRS is such a cocktease.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Playing MK9 on 360...using Ermac online. Wow, I never realized how good I was with him or how badly he punishes with counters. He's insane.

I might chuck him only my list for MKX mains as long as he plays similar!

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    System Of A Down anyone?

Kabal riding a horse. This game deserves everyone's money.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    System Of A Down anyone?

Kabal riding a horse. This game deserves everyone's money.
    I seen. Not a bad trailer, gets you a bit pumped too.

Also, here's that Kold War Scorpion skin me and thousands of others have wondered about:

I won't use it much. I don't care much for Scorpion. I just hope his online numbers in MKX aren't mind numbingly high like MK9. Seriously, fuck those players. So boring facing the same fighter every match 10 matches in a row.

I consider him the noob character of the series. Easy, high hitting combos for newbies. Literally three button presses and has fast speed and cheap moves if played like a dick.

Here's to hoping! My game time this morning in a series of matches and rematches to a player were 5 and 7 on MK9. I went 5 and he went 7. He used Scorpion every single fucking match. Same fucking combinations and juggles. He got the best of me though, then again I wasn't playing serious white knuckles either. I kicked his ass with Ermac, Sektor and Sindel just about overtime I used them.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 04-07-2015 at 01:33 PM.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Scorpion's a good entry-level character, and it's expected that the online scene will be flooded with him as he's easy to pick up. But he's predictable. The people I consistently had trouble with were Kabal and Cyrax. A practiced Cyrax player can wreck half your lifebar from one mistake on a whim, and Kabal can pretty much choose anything from his arsenal to wreck with. I feel like he doesn't make every game because his moveset is inhently insane, heh. On my side, Smoke and Sektor are my guys.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Yeah, Im going to miss Kabal this time around. His toolset is so fun. He is actually a pretty random hodge podge character though. When you think about his design, abilities, and story its all totally slapped together and random, but thats part of the charm.

The whole story leaked. Surprisingly well written, but ultimately not that eventful and with very few surprises. The strangest thing being that a number of characters appear as fightable or non fightable NPCs, some of which have much larger roles and more lines than playable characters. Fujin, Rain, Tanya, Li Mei, Baraka, and Frost all factor in at some point, but did not make the roster.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Weird, I thought Rain and Baraka were playable. I have a feeling that while these characters won't be playable, that some will share similarities with some of the newer characters, like Kung Jun = Nightwolf.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    Fujin, Rain, Tanya, Li Mei, Baraka, and Frost all factor in at some point, but did not make the roster.
    I wish they would have! I love huge rosters in fighting games.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    I'll ask kindly - pretty please with a cherry on top - that folks use spoiler tags if y'all are gonna talk about the leaked story here. Trying to stay away from my usual MK sites until I've played it....

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    So, today Google Play Store and the IOS Store released Mortal Kombat X mobile game for android phones, iPhones and iPads.

The same as the Injustice app was. Play it to get exclusive skins and unlocks in console versions of game and vice versa. Thought I'd give a heads up. Make sure you have a lot of space. My phone wouldn't take it so my iPad will have to do. The game is over 800 MB.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    They must have pulled it. Not in the Google Play store.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    They must have pulled it. Not in the Google Play store.
    Hrmmm, unless the article I read was wrong? Hopefully it'll come out for Android users.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I saw an article that said it was too. I'm not seeing it in the store though. Very possible they took it down for some reasons (bugs, etc).

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Weird, I thought Rain and Baraka were playable. I have a feeling that while these characters won't be playable, that some will share similarities with some of the newer characters, like Kung Jun = Nightwolf.

Apparently you fight Rain twice, and he has his MK9 move set. Still, he isn't actually playable.

But yeah, basically some characters are cannibalized into variations. Nightwolf, Sektor, Stryker, and Jade, at least can all clearly be found having their moves used by another character in one of thier variations

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Peeves me to no end how some people get these games early. Especially when it's someone I know. Of course, they won't say where or how they got it. Meh!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Peeves me to no end how some people get these games early. Especially when it's someone I know. Of course, they won't say where or how they got it. Meh!
    Reviewers and some select promos I have no issue. Random Joe Schmoes who get it before street date due to mom and pop stores I can't stand.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Thing is, there are no mom and pop shops around town. So, he either went for a drive and found a place, or someone sold it to him early and are keeping it hush. He's not a reviewer.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Thing is, there are no mom and pop shops around town. So, he either went for a drive and found a place, or someone sold it to him early and are keeping it hush. He's not a reviewer.
    Well then that just sucks, honestly.

On a brighter note, I don't work Tuesday so I can and will go the Midnight Launch party for this! First Midnight Launch Party I've been to since Halo 4, which was in November 2012!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Unfortunately, I do work... Not sure what about that whole thing peeves me. The fact that he got it early or that he got it early and won't hook a fella up. Probably both. I have no problem waiting though.

There is a midnight launch, but it's not worth the hassle to just play it for an hour before going to bed. So, I probably won't get it until late Tuesday afternoon.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Looking forward to how Evo 2015 plays out.

I don't know if people here follow the tournaments but Kabal/Smoke/Stryker were getting kind of annoying.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Looking forward to how Evo 2015 plays out.

I don't know if people here follow the tournaments but Kabal/Smoke/Stryker were getting kind of annoying.
    If their match gameplay strategies and viewings were similar to how Superman was in Injustice then I'll be inclined to believe you.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    If their match gameplay strategies and viewings were similar to how Superman was in Injustice then I'll be inclined to believe you.
    Yup, exact same principle. There's a difference between zoning and being a cheap dick though, which seems to get blurred in tournament settings. The MK9 characters that got relegated to Assist status are there for a reason.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Yup, exact same principle. There's a difference between zoning and being a cheap dick though, which seems to get blurred in tournament settings. The MK9 characters that got relegated to Assist status are there for a reason.
    Haha! Funny you should mention that. I just played a match on Killer Instinct now that had a guy spamming Riptor's firebreath against me the entire match. I nearly died (which it's hard to dodge the fire/combo breaker) but ended up winning after teleports and combo openers > combos. I liked winning that shit.

I t-bagged afterwards.