Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Mortal Kombat 11

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    One of the devs on twitter said that WB has a say in who gets DLC slots. So there's that.

My most cynical self wants this to blow up their faces; at this point, so far away from launch, most of the casual players have moved on. I'm not sure these characters will do as well as they hope.

And at this point I wish they'd just fucking announce some horror-themed clusterfuck fighting game and get it over with. That's what this is building up to.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I'm whatever about the new ones, tbh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I still suck at this game.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I suck too. Been awhile since I've played too. That discouraged.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I still have my Erron Black combos and linkers memorized. My timing might be a bit shitty since I haven't played in awhile but I'm sure I can still hit consistent 30% combos.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I'm easing back into it. Just messing around. Played a little as Jason and Predator (meh...). These horror characters are just gimmicks. Still kinda regret buying the first pass. This time, I might just buy Xenomorph and Tri-Borg. And with all of the characters that the fans wanted, we get Bo Rai Cho? That feels like a "fuck you".

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Thought this was pretty dam neat, being hidden for years in the arcades! Secret Ed Boon menus. Of course no one was able to figure this out due to the cryptic code that you have to enter. Still cool nonetheless. Really cool how these secrets keep popping up in video games, just like the glitch in Mario Bros.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    I'm easing back into it. Just messing around. Played a little as Jason and Predator (meh...). These horror characters are just gimmicks. Still kinda regret buying the first pass. This time, I might just buy Xenomorph and Tri-Borg. And with all of the characters that the fans wanted, we get Bo Rai Cho? That feels like a "fuck you".
    I appreciate guests mostly but hate that they take up spotlight and spaces away from characters I'd rather see and enjoy. I'm not a fan of Bo Rai Cho but evidently he has a cult following in the games for his character origins. I'm not surprised he made it in.

Season 2 starts soon so hopefully I can pummel some newer players as initiation. I might try ranked again as a result. All I ever play is exhibition/player matches. I still have EVERY Erron Black combo and linker/setup remembered. Every button input....that's amazing. I usually forget shit like that after extended periods. I have somewhat remembered my Kotal Kahn and Quan Chi combos but not enough to wreck sadly.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I caved and bought the second pass. Have some money to throw away so why not? I probably won't bother with Bo or Leatherface though.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    I caved and bought the second pass. Have some money to throw away so why not? I probably won't bother with Bo or Leatherface though.
    Triborg is the only good one of the bunch. Probably be the only one I buy.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Hate the horror characters. So many fan favorites left out for four whole characters i dont give a shit about. No season pass this time. Just triborg and Bo.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    New Erron Black skin looks alright. I'm glad he got another, so tired of Outlaw and his original skin. It's from the Apocalypse Skin pack. I'll probably only buy that and Triborg (assuming you can buy the skin pack separate?). If not I guess I'll buy the pass. Either way can't wait for a bigger player base on this game again and lots of idiots to PWN. Tuesday can't come quick enough.

If anyone cares, like me, the Erron Black skin is at the 16 second mark.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

I love this game so much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Not my fav MK game ever, but really liked the ability to change fighting styles

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

I really hope Erron Black returns for this. One of my favorite mains and characters in the series.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I suck at Mortal Kombat, but I've still loved the series ever since it was rebooted. I'll probably rent this and play through the story mode

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    So hyped. Hopefully Cyrax returns or at least Triborg

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post

I really hope Erron Black returns for this. One of my favorite mains and characters in the series.
    WTF is with hip hop music making its way into video game trailers? It hardly ever matches up with the visuals and always seems off-paced by what's being displayed. *ugh* Millennials have such poor taste in music...

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    WTF is with hip hop music making its way into video game trailers? It hardly ever matches up with the visuals and always seems off-paced by what's being displayed. *ugh* Millennials have such poor taste in music...
    What year were you born Keith? You're close to that Millennial line like I am...

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ltrandazzo View Post
    What year were you born Keith? You're close to that Millennial line like I am...

Xennial sir...and relax, before you get yourself all worked up I'm not making this a racial thing either.
    Last edited by NotoriousTIMP; 12-09-2018 at 08:16 PM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    Xennial sir...and relax, before you get yourself all worked up I'm not making this a racial thing either.
    LOL. Not heading in that direction at all. Anyway, I think you’re a Millennial just like I am. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennials

Anyway, I like the idea that a full on promo cinematic acknowledges the finality of each fight but then chooses to introduce a different version of Scorpion post-Raiden exploding his head. It sounds like they may integrate Injustice 2's customization system into this, which would be pretty awesome.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    LOL. Not heading in that direction at all. Anyway, I think you’re a Millennial just like I am. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennials

Anyway, I like the idea that a full on promo cinematic acknowledges the finality of each fight but then chooses to introduce a different version of Scorpion post-Raiden exploding his head. It sounds like they may integrate Injustice 2's customization system into this, which would be pretty awesome.
    And follow Injustice 2's worthless DLC with guest characters that I don't want in the game. I bet Michael Myers will be a guest character in MK11. Due to new movie and past slasher characters, mark my words. You read it here first at 12/10/2018 at 11:05 AM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    And follow Injustice 2's worthless DLC with guest characters that I don't want in the game. I bet Michael Myers will be a guest character in MK11. Due to new movie and past slasher characters, mark my words. You read it here first at 12/10/2018 at 11:05 AM.
    Michael > Jason

And Injustice 2 had great guest characters! Hellboy and TMNT were amazing entries.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Michael > Jason

And Injustice 2 had great guest characters! Hellboy and TMNT were amazing entries.
    I didn't care for their inclusion because I wanted more DC characters.

The inclusion of Raiden and Sub Zero was trash also.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I didn't care for their inclusion because I wanted more DC characters.

The inclusion of Raiden and Sub Zero was trash also.
    If they want to be ballsy with MK11, they could include John Constantine and Etrigan as DLC. Mature-ish DC characters who would make sense having decapitation and disemboweling moves and finishers.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    The ballsiest thing they could do is just throw away the concept of guest characters altogether and fill an MK game with MK characters only. I can dream.

IMO Guest characters are stupid. But they sell the best. It's a horrific thing to me when a new game is announced and one of the first topics of discussion everywhere isn't what characters from that series are going to make it, but what guests.

Anyway, I think it's likely we'll get Shang Tsung, Noob Saibot, and Jade back. Also hoping for Smoke. Game's plot seems to revolve around messing with time again, looks like versions of the characters from the two timelines (MK1-Armageddon and MK9-X) will be present.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    The ballsiest thing they could do is just throw away the concept of guest characters altogether and fill an MK game with MK characters only. I can dream.

IMO Guest characters are stupid. But they sell the best. It's a horrific thing to me when a new game is announced and one of the first topics of discussion everywhere isn't what characters from that series are going to make it, but what guests.

Anyway, I think it's likely we'll get Shang Tsung, Noob Saibot, and Jade back. Also hoping for Smoke. Game's plot seems to revolve around messing with time again, looks like versions of the characters from the two timelines (MK1-Armageddon and MK9-X) will be present.
    Pre-ordering for Shao Kahn is also a thing. I've never played as him. I never played Armageddon (I assume he's playable in that as everyone is) either.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Shao was playable in Trilogy, Gamecube MK Deception/Unchained on the PSP, and Armageddon, yeah

Interesting thing about that new design (which I'm in love with) is that scaly clawed left arm. I'm wondering if Onaga infected him partially, somehow. This looks to be some kind of post-Armageddon Kahn.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    If they want to be ballsy with MK11, they could include John Constantine and Etrigan as DLC. Mature-ish DC characters who would make sense having decapitation and disemboweling moves and finishers.
    John Constantine would be dopppeeeee. Give him a Keanu Reeves alternate costume and I would be set. (I loved that movie growing up, my mom took me to see it when i was like 12)

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Hopefully it's better than the last one. MKX played like ass imo. So stiff. Horrible animations. The leaked roster for 11 looks great though.