Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: The Dillinger Escape Plan (Kill posers)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The Dillinger Escape Plan (Kill posers)

They just finished a tour with Mastodon and are going to start working on a new album (top Option Paralisys?...mmm)

What else can I say about this incredible/crazy band?
    Every album is a different BEAST.
    If by any chance you haven't listen to them...DO IT
    It'll be better than to post a wikibio.

The Dillinger Escape Plan ruined all the other bands for me.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    i LOVE seeing this band with people who have never seen them before.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I just listened to Miss Machine yesterday, contemplated about making this thread and didn't. You beat me to it and did instead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Funny, I was just listening to Miss MAchine

I love the part in Sunshine...were Greg screams..DESTROYER!!!!
    Incredible band.
    So much in every album, sometimes too much.

I agree with what was posted before, people don't know what the fuck happened when the saw/listened to DEP

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Amazing band! Option Paralysis might have actually became my favorite since it's release.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Huge DEP fan ever since i first discovered em when they first supported System of a Down - can't remember when that was - long time ago now, 2002-ish?

Probably second favourite band of all time; cool guys as well.
    Last edited by Rossva; 12-16-2011 at 06:29 AM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    DEP and NIN are tied in a dead heat for my favorite band of all time. Been a fan since a hallmate introduced me to them my freshman year in 2001. I've seen them 5 times now and have got to say they are the best live act I've ever seen, second to NIN (of course), M83 and Mastodon.

Anyway, anyone seen/heard guitarist Jeff Tuttle's side project, Old Gods? He fronts the band, and I really dig it. According to his FB page, I think they are releasing an official EP or LP shortly. Check it out here.

Very excited to hear Greg's collaborations as well as Ben's with Giraffe Tongue Orchestra (which is comprised of Ben, Brett Hinds of Mastodon, Eric Avery bass, duh, and Thomas Pridgen formerly of the Mars Volta on drums).

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    DEP are pretty awesome, but they've yet to match or better Miss Machine.

And while you're at it you can edit that thread title: DEP deserve better than that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hmmm hard to tell whether i prefer option paralysis or miss machine, listened to the latter much more, but the first sounds better when i listen to it now.

also.

DESTROYER, THERE'LL BE ANOTHER JUST LIKE YOU!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Ire Works reminds me of With Teeth... when i first heard it i thought "what the hell happened to this band. this isnt that great" luckily Option Paralysis (much like Year Zero) followed and restored my faith.

Good NEighbour is one hell of a Jam and that one song near the end that has the Guns n Roses Piano breakdown is delicious.

I do miss them doing covers and realy Dillingerfying them.

Check out their renditions of GunsnRoses My Michelle and Black Sabbath's Paranoid. Theyre gems.

Funny story... The first time I saw them live was betwen Irony is a dead scene and Miss Machine at the Opera House in Toronto. Greg was going nuts climbing shit and jumping into the audience. There was a huge pit and people were loosing their minds. I was standing back drinking a beer and watching everything. There was a guy in front of me arms crossed that really seemed to be getting excited by the whole scene. He caught my attention because for about 15 minutes he looked like he was trying to contain a culdron of emotion, hugging himself, rocking back and forth, eyes darting all over.... So half way into the set he finally gets the stones to run full speed into the pit. He charged in there like he was braveheart of something. Within 10 seconds i see a shoe launch out out of the audience and fly from one side of the venue to the other. Another 10 seconds later I see the same guy limp out of the pit with one shoe on, go back to his original place infont of me, arms crossed watching the show.

someone should post the video of greg running on top of the audience at the begining of sugar coated sour. That clip pretty much sums up that band.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    From the DEP Facebook:

"Jeff Tuttle has been a valuable member of The Dillinger Escape Plan since the beginning of the Ire Works cycle. He started his time with us in mid 2006 in a period of turmoil, and his positivity and team player mentality, his enthusiasm, and his fire onstage, will always be appreciated and will never be forgotten. That being said, for now, as you will read, his future with us is uncertain, but wha... tever the future holds for our relationship with him, we love him and wish him well and success as a brother who has gone into battle with us for six years, and we hope he enjoys and finds creative fulfillment in film school and his future endeavors. Check out his other bands, and read his official statement below.

-The Dillinger Escape Plan"

"To the fans of Dillinger, and to the multitude of people I’ve met, kicked, guitar-smashed, face riffed, or otherwise touched, I’m writing this to formally announce that as of today I will be taking my departure from The Dillinger Escape Plan. The years I’ve spent with this band have been some of the greatest in my life. I’ve seen and done so many things I never thought possible and I will forever be grateful to these memories and to the band that made them possible. I’d like to thank everyone who has given me support and encouragement along the way and to express all the gratitude that fills my bones. Dillinger is a beast that cannot be contained and I have no doubts that the band will continue on the road of destruction. I wish them nothing but the best in the years to come.
    Music is in my blood and I will continue making it with Old Gods and my solo effort, Malo Konjche. I will also be taking the opportunity to study film and film production in the fall; something I’ve been deeply passionate about for many years.
    Life may lead me back to the Dillinger fold in the future, but for now I’ve decided to pursue these creative paths. The past six years have been amazing and I’m lucky to have made it out alive. I’ll never forget the time we shared on stage… the scars won’t let me.

-Jeff "

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    DEP is Ben Weinman, with Greg Puciato. I'm sure they'll be just fine.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    yeah, jeff never played on the records did he? i mean, ace live and that, but it shouldn't make any real difference to the tunes.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    do they still have that really young drummer that joined the band for option paralysis? he was fucking amazing live, too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Great song I love Ire Works...(it doesn't look like rehersal at all)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    THE DILLINGER ESCAPE PLAN will release One of Us is the Killer in May.

The trailblazing band, whose creative energy and unwavering artistic commitment has reverberated through underground subculture and in tastemaker circles alike since the late 1990s, return with renewed passion and unrivaled skill with their fifth full-length album.

One of Us is the Killer is set to be released through the band's own Party Smasher Inc., in partnership with Sumerian Records (Animals As Leaders, The Faceless, Periphery) in North America. Party Smasher's partnership with BMG covers the rest of the world, including licensing deals with Grind House (Helmet, Cancer Bats, Funeral For A Friend) for Japan and Remote Control (Radiohead, Vampire Weekend, MIA) in Australia.

The new Dillinger Escape Plan album was recorded in Southern California with longtime producer Steve Evetts (Glassjaw, The Cure, Suicide Silence), with additional production at guitarist/co-founder Ben Weinman's studio. Mastering will be handled by Tom Baker (Deftones, Nine Inch Nails, Beastie Boys).

The album represents a new holistic pinnacle of the band's constantly evolving and engaging dynamics. The band will launch worldwide tours in 2013, beginning with a handful of headlining dates that have just been released.

Dillinger's mind-bending meld of metal, rock, experimental ambience and melody first reared its head with a 6 track EP on hardcore indie Now Or Never Records, quickly followed by Under the Running Board on Relapse. The band earned a reputation as a fearless act on the live stage, committing their minds, bodies and spirits to the exhibition and visceral release of performance and often brutalizing stages, gear and themselves along the way. Calculating Infinity became the gold standard for the emerging "math-core"/"math-metal" movement, earning a place in author Martin Popoff's "Top 500 Heavy Metal Albums of All Time." Kerrang! included the album in the "100 Best Rock Albums of All Time" and presented the band with their Spirit of Independence Award.

Mike Patton invited the band out on tour with Mr. Bungle, which eventually resulted in the collaborative EP on Epitaph Records, Irony is a Dead Scene. Miss Machine blew the doors open further, cementing the band's legacy around the world with jaw-dropping performances at festivals and all over the road. It also began the creative partnership between Weinman (one of Spin Magazine's 100 Greatest Guitarists of All Time, AP's 10 Best Guitar Slingers and Guitar World's Top 25 Cult Guitarists) and vocalist Greg Puciato, whose uncompromising stage presence and versatile vocal ability knows no boundaries. Revolver Magazine included him on their list of the Greatest Metal Frontmen Of All Time.

Ire Works saw the band making their national television debut on Late Night with Conan O'Brien, as well as multiple international tours, which included a stop at the Soundwave Festival where Nine Inch Nails invited them on-stage to perform "Wish." The band's collaborative nature persists, with members of Dillinger collaborating both on-stage and off with members of System Of A Down, Mastodon, Jane's Addiction, Deftones, Kimbra, Wyclef Jean, Puscifer, Mars Volta and Devin Townsend, among others, in addition to Weinman's work scoring films and more.

Option Paralysis was the first official release through Party Smasher Inc., with distribution through Season Of Mist. Revolver Magazine awarded them a Golden Gods award as "Best Underground Band," even as VH1's Metal Evolution declared them "the world's most dangerous band."

One of Us is the Killer finds Weinman, Puciato, longtime bassist Liam Wilson and drummer Billy Rymer in top form, emphasizing Dillinger Escape Plan's fierce independence, staunch individualism and loyalty to their unique vision which has long followed them on-stage and off.

This new era in The Dillinger Escape Plan begins now. In the coming weeks, look for more information surrounding the album and tours. Party Smasher Inc. will be home to innovative releases from Dillinger, associated projects and other band curated work in the coming years.

Upcoming The Dillinger Escape Plan Live Appearances:

April 20 Worcester, MA @ Palladium - New England Metal & Hardcore Festival w/ Opeth, etc.
    April 26 Philadelphia, PA @ Union Transfer
    April 27 Brooklyn, NY @ TBA
    May 2 Los Angeles, CA @ Nokia Live - Golden Gods Awards w/ Metallica, Anthrax, etc.
    May 8 Chicago @ Reggies
    May 19 San Francisco @ DNA Lounge
    May 20 Anaheim @ Chain Reaction
    July 5 Roskilde (Denmark) w/ Sigor Ros, Animal Collective, etc.
    July 6 Metaltown (Sweden) w/ Slipknot, Motorhead, Clutch, etc.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I just seen this on Facebook and was about to post. Finally! It's been too long since Option Paralysis.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oh Fucking YES!...can't wait.
    (May is too long)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Hoping for a single something March or April. Love the art work

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    I really need to see these guys live this year. Couldn't catch a single OP show so if the album is any good it will be a blast for me! I like the artwork, too. Plain, simple and leading away from the madness that is lying beneath.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The Dillinger Escape Plan (Kill posers)

Been three long years since seeing these guys live. Can wait for tour dates.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    First run of tour dates = announced.
    4/20/2013 Worcester, MA - New England Metal Fest
    4/22/2013 Lancaster, PA - Chameleon Club
    4/23/2013 Albany, NY - Upstate Concert Hall
    4/24/2013 Buffalo NY - Town Ballroom
    4/25/2013 Pittsburgh, PA - Altar Bar
    4/26/2013 Philadelphia PA - Union Transfer
    4/27/2013 Brooklyn, NY - Converse Rubber Tracks @ Music Hall of Williamsburg
    4/28/2013 New Haven, CT - Toads Place
    4/30/2013 Columbus, OH - A&R Bar
    5/2/2013 Los Angeles CA - GOLDEN GODS/NOKIA THEATER
    5/4/2013 Newport, KY - Southgate House
    5/5/2013 Grand Rapids, MI - The Intersection
    5/7/2013 Indianapolis, IN - Emerson Theater
    5/8/201 Chicago, IL - Reggies
    5/9/2013 Des Moines, IA - Wooly's
    5/10/2013 Madison, WI - High Noon Saloon
    5/11/2013 St. Louis, MO - The Firebird
    5/12/2013 Lawrence, KS - The Granada
    5/14/2013 Boulder, CO - Fox Theatre
    5/16/2013 Boise, ID - Knitting Factory
    5/17/2013 Reno, NV - Knitting Factory
    5/18/2013 Sacramento, CA - Ace of Spades
    5/19/2013 San Francisco, CA - DNA Lounge
    5/20/2013 Anaheim, CA - Chain Reaction
    5/22/2013 Albuquerque, NM - Launch Pad
    5/23/2013 El Paso, TX - Tricky Falls
    5/24/2013 Austin, TX - Mohawk
    5/25/2013 New Orleans, LA - One Eyed Jacks
    5/26/2013 Birmingham, AL - Zydeco
    5/28/2013 Columbia, SC - New Brookland Tavern
    5/29/2013 Charlotte, NC - Amos' South End
    5/30/2013 Carrboro NC - Cat's Cradle
    5/31/2013 Asheville, NC - Orange Peel
    6/1/2013 Richmond, VA - Kingdom
    6/8/2013 Detroit, MI - Orion Festival
    6/30/2013 Dessel, Belgium - Graspop
    7/5/2013 Roskilde, Denmark - Roskilde Festival
    7/6/2013 Gothenburg, Sweden - Metaltown Festival

Also, for those of you who have never experienced a DEP show, here's Greg (vox/jungle gym) on why you should:
    Last edited by the duder; 02-25-2013 at 12:48 PM. Reason: Removed formatting

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Oh my god, they're playing the Firebird in St. Louis. That club is pretty small, it's going to be fuckin' crazy.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Seeing them twice in one month. Don't let me complain much about the broken leg I'm sure I'll be getting.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    new single up on iTunes called "prancer"

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I didn't like this band when I heard them in 2002, but I'm a moron now so God knows how shit my judgement was back then - where is the best place to start with this lot?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I didn't like this band when I heard them in 2002, but I'm a moron now so God knows how shit my judgement was back then - where is the best place to start with this lot?
    Miss Machine, Greg Puciato's first album is a good place to start.

I personally feel you could also try Ire Works out for your first go. I love that freaking album.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    it really depends on what else you like. i, personally, love the EP they did with Mike Patton, Irony Is A Dead Scene. it's got three amazing originals and a cover of Come To Daddy that almost shames the original.

the first album they put out after that (with their new and still in-the-band-now vocalist Greg Puciato), Miss Machine, is relatively accessible compared to the rest of their stuff, and actually has one or two songs that sound a lot like nods to NIN.

so i'd say check out Miss Machine first, then the EP with Mike Patton, and then Ire Works, Option Paralysis, and then go for their first album, Calculating Infinity. i don't really like Dimitri, their original vocalist (especially in comparison to Greg), but some of their early stuff is still pretty great.

also, if you get a chance to see them live (they're about to go on a huge tour), see them. they're amazing. the last time i saw them, their new drummer, Billy Rymer, was only 17, and my head almost exploded from how good he is.
    Last edited by eversonpoe; 03-11-2013 at 05:21 PM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    new single up on iTunes called "prancer"
    Tomorrow or today? I just checked and shit can't be found.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)