Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread: The Dillinger Escape Plan (Kill posers)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I see a guy with a funky hat, large eyes, and open mouth looking away to the left (our right). Only Greg & those close to him know for sure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wow, this is fascinating to me. I just can't see anything else than a child with a bowl cut(?).

And on this bigger version on the left side is his arm holding something (maybe a weapon of some sort, or a baseball bat... "Child Soldier").

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Qualis_Dolor View Post
    Wow, this is fascinating to me. I just can't see anything else than a child with a bowl cut(?).

And on this bigger version on the left side is his arm holding something (maybe a weapon of some sort, or a baseball bat... "Child Soldier").
    Looks like a cavalryman to me.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Qualis_Dolor
    Wait, I assumed it's simply a child? Maybe his younger self?
    Looks like you were right! The 'inverted' artwork is much easier to discern.

A post shared by on

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Lil Baby Greg on a swing??

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Lil Baby Greg on a swing??
    it looks like he's holding drumsticks, to me. or at least it used to, in the negative version.

now it looks like he's wearing a hoodie, so those are hoodie strings coming down from around his neck. no idea what that is off to the left, though.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    If anyone hasn't seen or received the email regarding vinyl orders (within US):

Here’s a special message from the label:
    Child Soldier: Creator of God has shipped from our manufacturer to our fulfillment partner in the US. These will start to ship out to you in the next few weeks! If you haven’t received yours by the middle of November, please reach out for shipping information. At this time, I don’t have any shipping information to provide and won’t until these start shipping out to you! -Steve

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    I never knew how much I needed this album in my life. Thank you, Greg.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Album is phenomenal!

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Is the album ever going to be released in physical format? Theres been like 5 release dates pushed back

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    Is the album ever going to be released in physical format? Theres been like 5 release dates pushed back
    The vinyl is currently shipping. I received my Revolver Magazine package yesterday.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Received my standard black Child Soldier from bandcamp today. Had no idea it was even on it's way
    Last edited by imail724; 11-16-2020 at 09:22 PM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Yep, got my Bandcamp order yesterday.
    @Helpmeiaminhell - Covid screwed up pressing plant timelines and shipping -- vinyl pressing timelines in general are never an exact science. On top of that FP is a small unit and to ship out everything takes time.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    CD is technically not out in America. Just ordered it from a record store on discogs which got an early shipment from FP.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    If you ordered the clear vinyl, make sure to open your order right away. Sounds like Merch Connection (who is doing the distribution in the US) fucked up and a LOT of people who ordered clear are getting the less limited regular version. On instagram they said to email federalprisoner2020 at gmail if your order is messed up.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    If you ordered the clear vinyl, make sure to open your order right away. Sounds like Merch Connection (who is doing the distribution in the US) fucked up and a LOT of people who ordered clear are getting the less limited regular version. On instagram they said to email federalprisoner2020 at gmail if your order is messed up.
    Thanks. My clear is arriving Thursday. I emailed them last week and got tracking.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    Is it discernible from the covers? I just got my order and the covers are both the alternate white covers. Definitely going to open my copy of it, but would like to refrain from opening the gift one.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by p_rez17 View Post
    Is it discernible from the covers? I just got my order and the covers are both the alternate white covers. Definitely going to open my copy of it, but would like to refrain from opening the gift one.
    white cover = clear vinyl
    black cover = black vinyl

at least that's what it was supposed to be according to the bandcamp listing. i ordered clear and got black (as far as i can tell from the cover) so i'm not too happy about that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My black cover has black vinyl inside.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    white cover = clear vinyl
    black cover = black vinyl

at least that's what it was supposed to be according to the bandcamp listing. i ordered clear and got black (as far as i can tell from the cover) so i'm not too happy about that.
    Oops! I didn't phrase my question correctly. I ordered two clears, and received two white covers. Are people receiving black vinyl inside white covers?

Just wondering how deep the error goes because the post says to open up the albums and verify the correct vinyl is inside. Or I could be misinterpreting the post and they just meant open the package!
    Last edited by p_rez17; 11-18-2020 at 01:09 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oops! I didn't phrase my question correctly. I ordered two clears, and received two white covers. Are people receiving black vinyl inside white covers?

Just wondering how deep the error goes because the post says to open up the albums and verify the correct vinyl is inside. Or I could be misinterpreting the post and they just meant open the package!
    My interpretation is that the correct vinyl is in the correct cover. Some people were just sent the wrong item.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

You are probably safe. There have also been some mix-ups reported involving the wrong vinyl in the wrong cover, but that seems to only be with the UK and Australian variants.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Yeah the mix up seems to mostly be affecting the Australian variants.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Got my black edition today, didn't even know it had shipped. Love the spot gloss and lack of writing on the spine.

#0327/1000

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    New KBK out today. The first 25 seconds of Filthy Vagabond made my heart flutter with a yearning for new DEP.

edit: this album also seems to lean harder on Greg this time around. I wonder if he had a bigger hand in the song writing. Some tracks sound like they’d fit on his solo album. From a Crowded Wound, big time.
    Last edited by BrokenSpiral; 11-20-2020 at 09:15 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    From a Crowded Wound is an awesome fucking jam. Has been stuck in my head for days.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenSpiral View Post
    From a Crowded Wound, big time.
    I listened to his Sirius XM Liquid Metal review during Killer Be Killed's takeover hour and interview this past week. According to Greg that song is mostly solo. He had the main riffs and song structure since at least 2009 or 2010 and just now managed to make them usable.

It's my favorite song on the album by far.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Just got the CD for Gregs solo album delivered today (sev weeks before its out in the USA)....Is Greg up front more on the new KBK album? I cant stand the dude from Mastodons voice and Max is a 1 trick pony

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    Just got the CD for Gregs solo album delivered today (sev weeks before its out in the USA)....Is Greg up front more on the new KBK album? I cant stand the dude from Mastodons voice and Max is a 1 trick pony
    He is (he also did a huge bulk of the guitar work) BUT... still some major cheesy moments from Max and some tracks Troy sounds downright obnoxious on. I love me some Mastodon but... I think I need to realize when it comes to KBK, I'm here for the Greg and I stay for the Greg. lol. I would be content if Greg just focused on his solo work and TBQ. But I only see TBQ continuing as its own entity (and not merging with his solo work) IF Eustis comes back or if they make Mcgrath a full time member. I do wonder if there was a falling out with Eustis and Greg, seemed like a very rapid shift in lineup and no support from either camps on releases since (at least on social... which doesnt mean anything but...)

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    AT least 4 or 5 songs on his solo album def sound like TBQ songs. I wouldn't be surprised if there is bad blood between Greg and Josh...No secret by now that Josh has a nasty little habit of bailing on groups in the middle of an album/touring cycle ....Just ask Trent