Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread: The Dillinger Escape Plan (Kill posers)

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    another crazy NYC show from them this weekend. People everywhere.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Footage from their show in NYC. Good God.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Dillinger slayed last night.
    Last edited by Archive_Reports; 10-20-2016 at 10:27 AM.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Yes, awesome gig! And good to meet you.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Picked up the album finally. Some real good stuff here. I wasn't a huge fan of Killer. This is better. For the first time listening to a DEP album I feel that the "crazy dillinger" parts get in the way of their other stylistic explorations. Loving some of these prog rock tangents.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    This album is kicking my ass and I like it.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Anyone here hitting the Philly show at Union Transfer on 11/15?

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    So, yeah, this album is simply fantastic. I thought that they were going to continue to focus on strong, "anthemic" hooks like they did with OP and OoUitK. I did not expect them to go full "crazy dillinger" as @mfte brilliantly put it. It even has an electronic IDM-ish interlude like Ire Works had, only this one is far crazier. It feels like a true successor to Calculating Infinity, only choosing to go melodic towards the end. And that's when my scrawny Greek ass was kicked, hardcore. Spoiler: Puciato screaming about wanting to be "left by himself" and then "die alone" was especially harrowing. I just read that they are breaking up after this tour (I've been really out of touch with music news lately), so these final lyrics are fitting. DEP ends on a high note. And by "a high note", I mean "a devastating final scream of despair and descent into oblivion"/ The infinity has now been calculated.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Had no idea that this is/was the final album. Sucks. At least they're ending it on a high note. Loving the new album. As far as i'm concerned, they've never disappointed. Is there a particular reason as to why they're splitting up? I know they don't always get along. Anything to do with that or are they just ending it while on top? Or maybe both?

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Is there a particular reason as to why they're splitting up? I know they don't always get along. Anything to do with that or are they just ending it while on top?
    The latter. https://noisey.vice.com/en_us/articl...nman-interview

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    Spoiler: Puciato screaming about wanting to be "left by himself" and then "die alone" was especially harrowing. I just read that they are breaking up after this tour (I've been really out of touch with music news lately), so these final lyrics are fitting. DEP ends on a high note. And by "a high note", I mean "a devastating final scream of despair and descent into oblivion"/ The infinity has now been calculated.
    So, I posted this elsewhere regarding Greg's vocals after hearing the album on Google Play the day it was released: Lots of the lyrical content - that I could decipher - is disarmingly genuine and borderline cliche. I was really afraid after seeing some of the teaser videos. After hearing the album 3 times now, Greg uses his vocal delivery to drive home the authenticity of what he's saying - channeling his inner Gollum at the end of Limerant to the spoken word drop in Wanting, it's clear he means every fucking word.

This album is a grower in every sense of the word.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Dillinger were fucking awesome live last Tuesday when I saw them.

Man, Dillinger and Failure concerts in one week, I had a really great time. Ben climbed up these rails on the edges of the balcony and hung upside down right in front of me and I got my dick punched in the mosh pit. Great setlist too.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the duder View Post
    So, I posted this elsewhere regarding Greg's vocals after hearing the album on Google Play the day it was released: Lots of the lyrical content - that I could decipher - is disarmingly genuine and borderline cliche. I was really afraid after seeing some of the teaser videos. After hearing the album 3 times now, Greg uses his vocal delivery to drive home the authenticity of what he's saying - channeling his inner Gollum at the end of Limerant to the spoken word drop in Wanting, it's clear he means every fucking word.

This album is a grower in every sense of the word.

sorry, but does that mean you....liked the album?

When you use words like "cliche" and "grower" next to verbiage that describes how honest Greg's vocals are combined with his delivery and "it's clear that he means every fucking word" sends mixed signals lol

You totally threw me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Would've killed to be at that Seattle show to see Dimitri up on stage with them.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    watching those videos of them playing with Dimitri takes me back to freshman year at Seton Hall in '98. Mullet Burden!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    sorry, but does that mean you....liked the album?

When you use words like "cliche" and "grower" next to verbiage that describes how honest Greg's vocals are combined with his delivery and "it's clear that he means every fucking word" sends mixed signals lol

You totally threw me.
    Haha. Sorry. Let me try to clarify:
    After seeing/hearing the lyrics in the teaser trailers, I worried that the lyrics would not be as challenging, hence, a feeling that they sounded borderline cliché. After listening to Limerant Death, I was dumbfounded by Greg's delivery and some hope was restored; I felt every word connect to the way he brought it to life.

My first few spins of Dissociation, I was blown away with Greg's delivery. Musically, however, I hadn't quite wrapped my head around it - hence the "grower" comment.

Having listened to Dissociation multiple times now, and read along with the lyrics, my criticisms about lyrical content were put to rest, and the key to me getting it was Greg's delivery. I've also come to adore the album, cover to cover.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Saw Dillinger last night. Fucking amazing. Sixth time seeing them and they never cease to amaze me. I actually crowdsurfed a couple times and ended up on stage. During Surrogate, I landed on the stage, and was trying to stand up. Greg then grabbed me by the back of the neck and sat me down on the stand things on the front of stage. I felt dominated. I also got to meet the whole band after the show. I walked up to Greg and after he got done talking to another fan, he saw me, then gave me the biggest hug ever. He saw my Pretty Hate Machine shirt and sang the chorus of Down In It. He also confirmed that The Black Queen will be doing more US shows next year, including Dallas. I really hope Dillinger does one last run of US shows after the festivals next summer.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Can anybody tell me what their start time's been this tour? Doors open at 7 apparently but I really need to know when they go onstage. I'm desperate to see them one last time but the distance I'll have to drive is a bit and I need to know if I can schedule it right.

Also, how's everyone been meeting the band? Is it relatively easy to do? I'd love to bug Greg about Black Queen.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    call the venue day of the show.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    Can anybody tell me what their start time's been this tour? Doors open at 7 apparently but I really need to know when they go onstage. I'm desperate to see them one last time but the distance I'll have to drive is a bit and I need to know if I can schedule it right.

Also, how's everyone been meeting the band? Is it relatively easy to do? I'd love to bug Greg about Black Queen.
    I waited around after the show for awhile.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Amazing show. Blew me the fuck away. Spent a lot of time at the front, got totally lost in the moment. They're going out on top. No question about it for me. Like everything of theirs, the material from Dissociation sounds incredible live.

I was also extremely happy to meet Greg and hear him say that Black Queen will "definitely" do more dates next year and their desire to have a few weeks of hitting as much of NA as they can when everyone's schedule clears, and that the biggest reason things have died down with it was just Dillinger's scheduling, that there should be a new EP or album within the next year and how thrilled he was to have people bringing it up. Very excited about whatever's next with that project.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Just got home from the show in Vermont. That was a wild one. Wish I'd been able to see the whole thing.

So I'm standing front and center right before the band was about to come on, and the fire alarm goes off. They evacuate the building. Somehow I manage to get back to the same spot when they let us back in. Show starts, I'm having a great time. Hard to stand up straight as I'm getting pushed around from behind so much, but that's par for the course. Then a little less than halfway through the show, Ben tomahawks me in the head with the headstock of his guitar. I put my hand to my head and it comes back red, with blood just absolutely gushing from the wound.

I look to the side, and make eye contact with a security guard, who sees the blood pouring from my head, and pulls me out of there. They bring me down to the kitchen. At this point I'm close to blacking out. I never lost consciousness, but I couldn't see very well. I could barely make out the shapes of people's heads, but couldn't see their faces at all. By the time the ambulance came, my vision was coming back, but I had to go to the hospital anyway. They patch me up there, and before long, I hop a cab back to where I parked my car next to the venue. The show is long since over, and they're almost finished loading the vans, but I stopped by to see if I could buy a shirt. They wound up giving me one for free when they realized I was the guy who the blood all over stage right belonged to, along with a pick and one of the venue's posters for the show. Liam came out of the bus to say hi as well.

It's a cool story to tell, but man I wish I could have seen the whole show.
    Last edited by otnavuskire; 11-18-2016 at 01:27 AM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    It's a cool story to tell, but man I wish I could have seen the whole show.
    damn, dude, i'm just glad you're ok!

side note: can you even imagine being the kind of asshole who would try to sue the band for something like that?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Finally got the bills from the hospital from my trip to the ER thanks to Ben back in November. Insurance covered most of it, but I'm still on the hook for a couple hundred. Bummer.

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    can anyone lead me to really nicely written article about Dillinger or a recent review of their live show? I need a few citations for a paper that I'm writing on, well "describing difficult music", bla bla, would be highly appreaciated, thanks!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    can anyone lead me to really nicely written article about Dillinger or a recent review of their live show? I need a few citations for a paper that I'm writing on, well "describing difficult music", bla bla, would be highly appreaciated, thanks!
    This one is fairly funny: http://www.hitthefloor.com/music/too...r-escape-plan/

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for sharing! Glad they played Surrogate. One of my faves from the new album, and they kill it live.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Not sure validity or anything else here -
    http://www.rockfeed.net/2017/02/12/1...-bus-accident/