Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: The Dillinger Escape Plan (Kill posers)

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintNoir View Post
    Not sure validity or anything else here -
    http://www.rockfeed.net/2017/02/12/1...-bus-accident/
    Seems to be legit. Sounds like the band is okay though.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    They had to cancel the rest of their euro tour.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    They just posted about it on Facebook:

By now I'm sure many of you have already heard the news, but we wanted to communicate to you all directly. Not just to express the fact that nobody is in critical condition, but to express our gratitude to the fans who have seen us or who were going to see us on this tour, the crew who was also in the accident with us and part of why things have been going so smoothly, the various promoters and venue staff, Live Nation Poland who have been so helpful in the last 38 hours, the many police and medics and emergency workers who came to the scene, the hospital workers, and the friends and family who have reached out to us personally since yesterday morning.

We were in the middle of playing some of our favorite shows we've ever played, and having a better time on and off stage than we have in a long time.

We were ripped out of sleep at 8:25AM to what still feels like a lucid nightmare. The various cacophony of metal bending and things breaking and people screaming and what felt like being hit by a missile. Without going into detail, not everyone is out of the hospital yet, some of us are hurt worse than others.

Questions like why did this happen, why are we alive and others not, why are the people from the Bay Area fire dead, why at all is anyone here or not. What the hell is all of this. Remember how valuable life is. We are all lucky to be alive. To just have any time at all.

Anyway, thanks to you all for caring. We were truly having an amazing time and we're blessed to have you all, such a high caliber group of people. It's been an honor to play these shows, but we unfortunately have to cancel the remainder of them. We will reschedule every one that we can, and we'll update more when we can. - Greg, Ben, Liam, Billy, Kevin

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Got pit tickets for the Dillinger/Soundgarden show in Dallas. Also got my ticket for the headlining date the next day in Austin. So pumped.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Fucking thing sucks!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Can't wait to see them in Austin on Saturday.
    Last edited by ryanmcfly; 05-24-2017 at 01:38 PM. Reason: Not seeing them in Dallas for obvious reasons.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I will respect their decision like I did after the initial announcement but find them calling it quits a mistake especially when they haven't bottomed out after reaching the pinnacle they're currently at. I like Disassociation but not enough for it to be the final album.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I will respect their decision like I did after the initial announcement but find them calling it quits a mistake especially when they haven't bottomed out after reaching the pinnacle they're currently at. I like Disassociation but not enough for it to be the final album.
    This will be a relatively shortlived breakup imo. They're all still young. They will will go off into their side project directions and explore their art for 4 or 5 years...7 at the most. Then they will come back together and headline festivals and package tours if any metal ones exist at that point, making BANK. They all get along, so this will happen pretty easily.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    After the last time I saw them ended early with a trip to the ER for me, I'm pretty tempted to try to go to this. I really hate Terminal 5 though.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i'm more bummed that i've only seen daughters once, and it was in 2006 on my first date with my abusive ex. really wish i could destroy that memory and replace it with seeing daughters open for dillinger at their last show.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Well I got 4 tickets! Now I just need off of work.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJK View Post
    Well I got 4 tickets! Now I just need off of work.
    I thought tickets didn't go on sale until Friday?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    I thought tickets didn't go on sale until Friday?
    Amex presale started today

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJK View Post
    Amex presale started today
    Ah. I wasn't aware of that. Sadly I don't have AMEX.
    Last edited by otnavuskire; 08-09-2017 at 07:26 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Scored two tix via presale.

#thisistheend

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Got on the guest list for this. wooooooot.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Just got a ticket. Not completely certain I'll be able to attend, but I'm sure gonna try. Gotta figure out where I'm gonna stay, for one.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Scored a pair of tickets for me and my mom. My brother lives in Brooklyn so I'll have a place to stay. It all just depends on if I get a promotion at work or not. If I'm where I'm at now, I'll easily be able to go. If I get promoted to a salaried position, I'm not sure. But regardless, I'm excited because this will be awesome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Damn - Looks like I missed out on the draw. Would have been awesome to see the last show! If any of you all end up with an extra ticket, I'd be willing to pay face value!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    They announced today that Mike Patton will join them to perform Irony is a Dead Scene for the first of the three shows they're doing to close things out in NYC. Man I wish I was seeing that show!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    They announced today that Mike Patton will join them to perform Irony is a Dead Scene for the first of the three shows they're doing to close things out in NYC. Man I wish I was seeing that show!
    Lucky people. I wonder if they'll do any covers like last time.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'd suggest anyone who wants to go to try and get tickets.

Patton for night one, but it looks like Dimitri will be joining them for the others, Jeff Tuttle probably, and Seven Sons will be at the final show too

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    The final three shows start on Wednesday. Anyone going to any of them? I'm going to the final one on Friday. Can't fucking wait!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    See you there on Friday!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Brian Benoit played some of the Irony is a Dead Scene songs along with Patton! https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-d...-63e1da7b.html

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    That was fucking incredible. Gonna miss these guys.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Wednesday night was da shit!

See you guys in 4-5 years tops.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I only made it 3 songs into the set before I lost my shoe. Miraculously, I found it and fought my way to the side. Put it back on and watched most of the remainder of the set from beside the downstairs bar/merch stand. When they came back for the encore, I went back in and was immediately thrust to the front of the house. Like 3-4 people from the rail. Had to help about a half dozen people up from the floor and can't imagine how some people did that for three nights in a row.

Setlist was perfect. Some real emotional weight for most of the songs and closing with Dissociation was perfect.