Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: The Dillinger Escape Plan (Kill posers)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I bought the boring black copy. Not what I wanted but this limited it’s stupid to miss it due to color preferences.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just copped the black vinyl, hope it’s tight!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

The fourth song off the new album. It's available as a 7" as part of a limited package with the album an issue of Revolver, and a special slipcase for $66.66 here.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    You can best believe I snagged one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Enough of this nonsense. Just drop the album. I prefer the We Are Chaos approach. Drop the first single with the rest of the album within 1 month. Fantastic song though.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)

Some quality Jersey dudes (plus...Jamey Jasta ugghhhhhh) to cover a Misfits classic. This was fun.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Wow that’s a good cover.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I'm really struggling with myself in regards to getting the special Revolver edition....I'd be double dipping and doing what I hate in stacking copies. Decisions...

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Latest single off Greg's new solo album. It's a lot more like TBQ than the rest of the singles so far, but still pretty different. I like it a lot.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Are we just gonna get the whole album in single format before it’s release?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenSpiral View Post
    Starting to feel that way, isn't it?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Right? We've got a third of the album already and still like 2 months to go.
    Last edited by imail724; 08-27-2020 at 02:08 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I’m already in the habit of checking if a new song has been released every week or so. That said, I like it so far. This song is encouraging because I was just thinking the other day that I hope there is some diversity and clean singing on this album.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    I haven't listened to any of the singles except the first one. Dude has already released half the album. Why spoil it and listen in advance when I know I am going to get the album regardless...If only Greg would stop being such a hipster and release a damn CD

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    I haven't listened to any of the singles except the first one. Dude has already released half the album. Why spoil it and listen in advance when I know I am going to get the album regardless...If only Greg would stop being such a hipster and release a damn CD
    He is releasing a CD. So far only in Europe though. It's in the European store, so shipping to the US is a little expensive. Maybe it'll make it to bandcamp eventually?

https://gregpuciato.tmstor.es/

And to be fair, he's only released a third of the album. There's 15 tracks in all.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    CDs are to 2020 as vinyl was to the 90s. Obsolete, uncool and there was no need for them when there were better and easier ways to consume music.

Now that we're all digital CDs don't matter because if i'm gonna buy a physical release i want to have worthwhile art and something cool to hold in my hands. That's vinyl.

#CDsarestupid

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    I didnt even know he was releasing a CD through his Euro store. Wow. Hopefully he releases it in America so I dont have to deal with the international airmail and wait 6 weeks or maybe a US seller on discogs will snatch some up.

"CDs are to 2020 as vinyl was to the 90s."

And we saw how vinyl made a comeback. Heed my words tony the tiger. CDs will never go away. Eventually they will make a big comeback (like blu ray has)....Physical media will outlive streaming....Eventually all the vinyl hipsters will remember CDs still sound better than vinyl and having 5 versions of their purple splatter variation is not a big deal. Theres a reason CD stomped vinyl into the ground the first time around. Cuz they are better

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I didnt even know he was releasing a CD through his Euro store. Wow. Hopefully he releases it in America so I dont have to deal with the international airmail and wait 6 weeks or maybe a US seller on discogs will snatch some up.

"CDs are to 2020 as vinyl was to the 90s."

And we saw how vinyl made a comeback. Heed my words tony the tiger. CDs will never go away. Eventually they will make a big comeback (like blu ray has)....Physical media will outlive streaming....Eventually all the vinyl hipsters will remember CDs still sound better than vinyl and having 5 versions of their purple splatter variation is not a big deal. Theres a reason CD stomped vinyl into the ground the first time around. Cuz they are better
    CDs sounded better than the other portable options at the time. While I'm not sure streaming is the permanent answer, most albums come with download codes and most everyone stores music on their phones. I know that's where all of mine go.

As for the new track, I think I'm going to hold off listening to anything else ahead of the release. As others have mentioned, don't want to hear 3/4 of the album before it comes out.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I love A Pair of Questions. Listening to it a ton. Ready for the rest of this album. Really hoping for a few Black Bubblegum / One of us is the Killer / Widower type songs mixed in. Deep Set is very Alice In Chains vibe

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    The new song Greg just dropped on the Jesse Draxler comp is sick...Major Godflesh vibes.....Hes really embracing his heavy side again

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    For those interested, album has leaked.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    This album is really fucking wild.

EDIT---

Man it's so good. There's at a minimum of like 4 or 5 different genres on this album. Yet the entire thing is incredibly cohesive. It feels like a 1975 album in that regards.
    Last edited by richardp; 09-29-2020 at 12:23 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Ugh. Can’t wait to check it out

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    On my 4th listen and man this thing has LAYERS. I think you are REALLY going to enjoy this thing, @eversonpoe . Especially the second half of the album.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Is this streaming anywhere? I don’t quite have leak download capabilities. iPhone only.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Is this streaming anywhere? I don’t quite have leak download capabilities. iPhone only.
    Not until the end of October.

Side note, just randomly noticed on my bandcamp page that the vinyl release seems to have been pushed back to February of next year?? Does anyone else's order say that?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post

Side note, just randomly noticed on my bandcamp page that the vinyl release seems to have been pushed back to February of next year?? Does anyone else's order say that?
    Yep just checked my order.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Graz View Post
    Yep just checked my order.
    welp, that fucking sucks

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    The whole album was just released on Bandcamp!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    people who leak albums are assholes, and so are the people who listen to the leaks.

let the band determine when and how you get to hear it. it's their art, it's their plan. end of story.

the only reason it's out early is that someone leaked it and greg was trying to get ahead of that. i can't even imagine how disappointing of a feeling that must be.