Thread: will the millenium trilogy still be completed

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

will the millenium trilogy still be completed

apparently so

I found one article that says so on reddit that claims that during the infamous Sony hack mails were revealed that claim the trilogy will be completed...by fincher. as well as a fourth film based on a unpublished manuscript by Larsson.

on another site I found that the score for the second milleniumfilm is already being worked on and will also feature mike Patton.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    As in Mike Patton is doing the score?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    As in Mike Patton is doing the score?

yes and no..the way I understood it that mainly TR&AR are doing the score generally, but some bits feature mike as well.

and the second is planned for release in 2016 and the third and fourth in 2017

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    If it happens, it definitely won't be in 2015 as Fincher seems to be wrapped up in three separate shows with HBO right now, two of which he's slated to direct the entirety of (the other one he'll just be shooting the pilot). Last I heard, he's said that the script for The Girl Who Played With Fire was coming along nicely, so there's still a chance he might want to do it. I read somewhere that Sony's rights to the books actually lapse after 2015, so it's possible another studio (maybe Fox, especially after the success of Gone Girl​) will pick them up if they're not too interested in renewing them.
    Last edited by onthewall2983; 12-29-2014 at 10:18 AM.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    From what I've heard, Fincher wants to do the other two films in the trilogy, but Sony/Columbia want him to do them for less money than he did Dragon Tattoo for due to the film's lackluster box office take. Fincher apparently doesn't want to do that, and he's also working on other projects at the moment, so it seems like things are deadlocked for the time being.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    From what I've heard, Fincher wants to do the other two films in the trilogy, but Sony/Columbia want him to do them for less money than he did Dragon Tattoo for due to the film's lackluster box office take. Fincher apparently doesn't want to do that, and he's also working on other projects at the moment, so it seems like things are deadlocked for the time being.
    Must be hard only making millions instead of millions for a few months work.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Must be hard only making millions instead of millions for a few months work.
    I'm talking about the budget, not Fincher's salary.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    I'm talking about the budget, not Fincher's salary.
    Part of the budget goes to his, and the other actors', salaries. Pay cut = same budget for the actual film.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Part of the budget goes to his, and the other actors', salaries. Pay cut = same budget for the actual film.
    Right, I get that, but I didn't want to imply that Fincher wasn't doing the other two films right away because he was holding out for more money on his end. I obviously don't know if that's the case or not.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I still don't understand why that film was so expensive in the first place. Sony wanting to drop the budget is perfectly reasonable, unless Fincher wants to throw in some animatronic dinosaurs for Rooney Mara to fight.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Stars+Fincher+shooting in Sweden+extensive digital effects+large marketing campaign. It all adds up. I know a lot of money goes towards marketing, especially if it's a highly anticipated film that's going to be shown in many different countries.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Don't quote me, but I thought there was an issue with Daniel Craig and his salary?????

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I'd take this 'lackluster box office' deal with a grain of salt. No way in hell they would plan two and even three sequels if ше was really low. Besides, a box office is only a part of any film's profit (not even a half).
    Last edited by fillow; 12-29-2014 at 03:43 PM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rd1994 View Post

on another site I found that the score for the second milleniumfilm is already being worked on and will also feature mike Patton.

Already been debunked. Fake

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I want this trilogy to be completed so badly. I watched Fincher's Dragon Tattoo 4 or 5 times over winter break - clearly my enthusiasm & love for it since its release hasn't waned.

I'd settle for a different director for the remaining films (not ideal obviously), if it meant Mara/Craig/Zaillian were at least involved.