Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Anne Rice

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm thinking of diving back into Anne Rice's books. I have not read them since I was a teenager. I have only read Interview, TVL, QOTD and Memnoch. Can someone please give me a list of which of her books are good and which are bad?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    AMC now also looking at a Mayfair Witches adaptation -

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/amc-de...ne-rice-series
    Last edited by muad'nin; 08-17-2021 at 03:52 PM. Reason: Clarity

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by muad'nin View Post
    Casting has commenced -

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/amc-in...jacob-anderson

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    I didn't know about the AMC acquisition, but if they pull this off, it could be big.

Jacob Anderson, the cat who played Grey Worm on GoT, is our new Louis de Pointe du Lac.
    And AMC is talking "cinematic universe;" they have the rights to 18 books, and as most of you know, the Mayfair Witches and Vampire Chronicles cross over quite a bit.

I WILL say that it baffles me that they'd START with Interview and not Lestat.
    Interview, as big as it was, was a bit of an outlier in terms of narrative voice. Also, starting with Interview leaves out Lestat's origin.

They better not fuck this up. I wonder if they'll even still do it, without Anne's oversight: i'm almost CERTAIN that her oversight and approval of everything would have been part of the contract. I mean, hell. The Hulu deal got fucked up because Anne insisted that she and her son write the SCRIPTS, ffs.
    Last edited by elevenism; 12-16-2021 at 07:33 PM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Oh wow elevenism, I hadn’t thought about that… After I heard about her passing, I was so looking forward to these adaptations that it had never occurred to me that they may now be done for, so to speak. That would be a great shame, if it were so. I assume Christopher is still involved, and I know that she had great faith in her son’s voice and I hope that that’s enough to keep the wheels on this one turning.

I had never read the Mayfair Witches books growing up, and a year ago when I decided to read (and in some novel’s cases re-read) the entire, combined saga, I didn’t expect The Witching Hour to be so addictive. I’m 700 or so pages into this 1200 page book, whose length always intimidated me. I only wish I had read it years ago when I first bought it. It’s so dark and mysterious. What a world she crafted.