Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Family and Kids: The Thread

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    we officially have a peanut! born at 6:02am! we really lucked out with timing and procedures, everything went really smoothly, and we're currently chilling out in our room with harry potter 2 on the syfy channel.
    Congratulations to you both!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    thanks, y'all! <3

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    we officially have a peanut! born at 6:02am! we really lucked out with timing and procedures, everything went really smoothly, and we're currently chilling out in our room with harry potter 2 on the syfy channel.
    Congrats!!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    We had the same experience back in mid-March... things weren't nearly as bad back then, but right as shit started getting locked down it was bizarre to say the least. I'm pretty lucky to even have been allowed in the delivery room.
    (quoting you here because it made more sense to me than in the covid thread.)

yeah. and i don't know how anyone can be expected to do this on their own, even with the help of nurses. single parents, especially those who start at the very beginning on their own, deserve ALL the awards.

and also, any parent who refuses to participate in any part of the process of being a parent frankly isn't fit to be a parent. one of the guys i had a major conflict with at my last job, who was so proud of having a son that he named him Ben Jr., literally never tried to change a diaper, and refused to even consider the possibility of doing so. he just expected his girlfriend (who already had a daughter when they got together) to do it. he once literally said "nah, i don't do that shit." like, fuck you, dude. congrats on perpetuation misogyny.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Our kid is strong enough now that if he doesn't want to sit still, the diaper change mambo is suddenly a two-person job. Don't know how a single parent could even handle that!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    You'd think it gets easier when you transition to underwear, but that's when they really get to kicking.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    My partner and I struck what seemed to be a fair division of labour: she was responsible for input; I was responsible for output.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Congrats!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Well, the boy passed his written driving test months ago and just passed his actual driving test. Now we just have to wait until he's 16 and he'll be ready to drive on his own.

my poor insurance. good thing I have that promotion coming up!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    The boy is almost 2 years old already. How the fuck did that happen.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

for those new parents this is pretty great.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    My oldest turns five in a few weeks. We're beginning to suspect that she has ASD. There are a few separate things that are increasingly noticeable, particularly when we see her alongside kids her own age. We were already making plans for her to see a speech therapist, and the one we're talking to has experience with autistic kids, so she's going help us to get an assessment. We mentioned it to my son's nanny, who's looked after a few autistic kids, and she was like "Of course she is!", as if it was perfectly obvious. So we'll see.