Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: MST3K- "Push the button, Frank!"

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    Wish I had every single episode
    we have like...seven of the box sets, and torrented the rest (there's a great one that has EVERY EPISODE and most of them are in pretty good quality). there's also a few on hulu. i feel NO GUILT whatsoever about the torrenting because it's basically a way to "keep circulating the tapes" and i've put plenty of money into MST3K stuff over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    I have my favorites and a couple of the box sets. Did we do a What's Your Favorite Episode recently?

Mine is The Incredible Melting Man. "Hotchka" is a regularly used vocabulary word amongst me and my friends.
    "But I'm doctor Ted Nelson!" hahaha

i think my favorites are...(in no order)
    The Final Sacrifice
    Time Chasers
    Overdrawn At The Memory Bank
    Moon Zero Two
    Cave Dwellers
    Pod People
    Santa Claus Conquers The Martians
    Tormented
    Bride Of The Monster
    Warrior Of The Lost World
    Puma Man
    The Magic Voyage Of Sinbad
    Eegah
    Alien From LA
    Santa Claus
    Zombie Nightmare
    Deathstalker And The Warriors From Hell
    Laserblast
    Jack Frost
    Werewolf
    Space Mutiny
    Hobgoblins
    Soultaker

wow, that's a long list haha. but these are all ones i could watch over and over, whenever. they're so fun and funny.

also, both parts of the "Hired!" short are amazing, and of course, Mr. B Natural (though the movie it's attached to, "War Of The Colossal Beast" is one i will avoid).

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    tonight's live Rifftrax of Time Chasers was pretty good. a bunch of the cast of the movie were there and you could see them up on stage during the end credits. definitely not as good as the actual MST3K episode, but still pretty funny. there were definitely some gems in there.

oh, and the short they did before the movie, Chimp The Fireman, was RIDICULOUS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    How long have the Rifftrax films been up on Amazon Prime?? I just discovered a slew of them last night for the first time. First one watched: Kingdom Of The Spiders (Shatner). So happy!

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sentient View Post
    How long have the Rifftrax films been up on Amazon Prime??
    Um....don't know. Don't care. Because NOW I know, and that's what counts.

Similar note: anyone with a Roku (and probably other devices) should download the Pluto.TV app. Bunch of streaming channels. One of them is literally a 24/7 MST3K stream.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Just a heads up: Shout! Factory has slowly been re-releasing the out of print MST3K volumes that Rhino Home Video put out years ago. The latest re-release is Volume V, featuring Time Chasers, The Touch Of Satan, Merlin's Shop Of Mystical Wonders, and Boggy Creek II.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    i woke up to the kickstarter e-mail this morning and literally YELLED out loud as i sat up in bed (thankfully my wife was already up and just as excited about it)

might finally be time to get my theater silhouette tattoo...

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I got to meet Trace and Frank today at a convention. Both were super cool, although Frank seemed to be under the weather.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    got this today!

crow t. robot
    was considering getting a banner that said "i want to decide who lives and who dies" but figured that was a bit much haha
    gonna get servo on the other thigh, probably.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    we had a few friends over last night and watched Reptilicus (first episode of the new season).

i literally cried during the opening song because i love mst3k so much. jonah is a perfect fit for the show, and the new guys doing crow & servo are fantastic. it still feels like good old mst3k, it's just nicer to look at.

we started Cry Wilderness (episode 2) today and it has been hilarious so far.

i'm pissed off that the show has literally been available for less than 48 hours on netflix and only has 2.5 stars. are people that harsh? or is it like when people would download rifftrax torrents and not understand why there were three guys making jokes over the movie?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    we had a few friends over last night and watched Reptilicus (first episode of the new season).

i literally cried during the opening song because i love mst3k so much. jonah is a perfect fit for the show, and the new guys doing crow & servo are fantastic. it still feels like good old mst3k, it's just nicer to look at.

we started Cry Wilderness (episode 2) today and it has been hilarious so far.

i'm pissed off that the show has literally been available for less than 48 hours on netflix and only has 2.5 stars. are people that harsh? or is it like when people would download rifftrax torrents and not understand why there were three guys making jokes over the movie?
    Only saw the first episode with Reptilicus and me and my girl were literally crying from laughter. It was so good! It did give me a little chill when the theme song kicked in. Like, "wow, this is really happening right now."

Netflix stopped with stars here and now I just have a thumbs up or thumbs down. I only really watch Netflix through my TV app, so I dunno if there's different scoring elsewhere.
    Last edited by neorev; 04-15-2017 at 02:50 PM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Only saw the first episode with Reptilicus and me and my girl were literally crying from laughter. It was so good! It did give me a little chill when the theme song kicked in. Like, "wow, this is really happening right now."

Netflix stopped with stars here and now I just have a thumbs up or thumbs down. I only really watch Netflix through my TV app, so I dunno if there's different scoring elsewhere.
    on the app on appletv it still has stars, and right now the rating is at 2.5, which is ridiculous.

everyone i've been talking to is loving the new season so i think they definitely brought the show back and it kept its soul.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    on the app on appletv it still has stars, and right now the rating is at 2.5, which is ridiculous.

everyone i've been talking to is loving the new season so i think they definitely brought the show back and it kept its soul.
    Yeah, my girl was on the fence with the show coming back and thought it might not live up to the hype. But she said she was happily proven wrong with the first episode. I think it's perfect!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    oh, man! i totally forgot to post this when i got it last week!

tom servo, on the other thigh, to go with crow!

i was planning on getting gypsy as well, but i'm not sure where to put her. also, she's the ONLY thing about the new episodes that has been disappointing for me & my wife. i'm fine with her not being "dumb" anymore, and i'm fine with them changing her voice, but both of those things combined has made her feel like an entirely different character :/

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    RE: Avalanche

Spoiler: OMG The NPH cameo and accompanying song with Felicia! Dr Horrible reunion!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    "How about Reporticus Shutupiticus?"

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Finally got around to watching episode 5 Beast Of Hollow Mountain, the most hysterical final 20 minutes of a movie.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Finally got around to watching episode 5 Beast Of Hollow Mountain, the most hysterical final 20 minutes of a movie.
    how disappointed were you that it was just a shitty claymation dinosaur? there were some REALLY great riffs, though, throughout the entire episode.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    how disappointed were you that it was just a shitty claymation dinosaur? there were some REALLY great riffs, though, throughout the entire episode.
    It was the worst looking thing, but that's what made the final 20 minutes of them riffing so amazing. Whenever they have a silly looking monster, its usually comedy gold with them.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    It was the worst looking thing, but that's what made the final 20 minutes of them riffing so amazing. Whenever they have a silly looking monster, its usually comedy gold with them.
    oh, for sure. i was just hoping for a guy in a costume

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Wow...
    Starcrash...
    There's not much I could say. One of the worst movies ever made lol.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Wow...
    Starcrash...
    There's not much I could say. One of the worst movies ever made lol.
    you can REALLY tell that came out in 1978 haha

and don't worry, Stella (caroline munroe) will return in "at the earth's core", the season finale, along with doug mclure.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    @eversonpoe
    There's been so many series on lately, I finally got some time to go back to MST3K. Just too much shit to watch lol.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Wizards Of The Lost Kingdom II episode was hysterical!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Wizards Of The Lost Kingdom II episode was hysterical!
    "i never thought i'd miss simon and gulfax..."

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    "i never thought i'd miss simon and gulfax..."
    "He's bringing skeksis back."
    "Yeah!"

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    I mean, with Pluto TV existing, this doesn't seem too noteworthy - but I'm going to make note of it anyway.

https://www.engadget.com/2017/06/23/...-theater-3000/

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Netflix renews MST3K: The Return for another season!
    http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/90...on-12#/slide/1

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    I was literally just thinking last week that it would be awesome to see more of these, but everything I had read seemed to indicate that this was a one-off batch of episodes/movies. Very happy to see I was wrong!